Big Break Atlantis

I completely agree this episode was much better with more golf than games. I'm sad that allison had to go, simply for eye candy purposes. But she did not have the game to win and thats what its all about right?

The fact that Kelly is somehow still on the show is ludicrous. CLEARLY the weakest player.

Oh well, no more Allison, no more All4's. Series recording,,,,,,,, deleted. (Let's see if I can stick to that.... doubtful because I've begun rooting for Marcella due to her awesome personality and serious game to boot).

So far I'm enjoying this season a lot. None of the cattiness from past shows. These ladies seem to genuinely care for each other; tears all around at the end of each show. Allison's driver off the deck was one of the worst all-time BB shots, but I can see where she felt she didn't have any choice. Marcella was set up perfectly for her approach (a shot she did end up exectuing very well), and if she knew driver was the only club that had a chance of getting ther, wel then that's what she had to do. No doubt Marcella was the better player, so the outcome seemed about right.

Kind of tickled at how Gloriana spends 90% of each show ticked off about her play, even though her play has been pretty good.

Marcella definitely has the most confidence. Anya and Selanee are basket cases. I really enjoyed last night's episode.

Kevin

This could have been a major upset had Marcella somehow lost a ball or something in the elimination. She seems to be the strongest player and almost wound up getting booted due to a "cute" shot that left her well short leading up to the elimination.

Allison's driver off the deck was strange. She didn't look comfortable with that shot at all. I think she was only 220 out or so. I'm not familiar with female distances, but is that pretty much her only option at that point? Couldn't she have hit a low running 4 or 5 iron to try and roll it close for a possible chip in or up and down?

Anyone else notice how when they pan over to the bench, Selanee is always playing with her nails or doing just about anything else but staying engaged?

I totally agree that Allison's choice to go for a driver off the deck was strange. I think it highlights the impact that shot selection can have on the overall outcome of a hole.

Marcela stayed calm and recovered well when she was behind the trees. Her experience showed. I think she deserved to win the matchup.

I'd DVRed this and watched it late last night. For a sec there, I thought Marcella was gonna go! Good episode, perhaps the best so far.

I still can't believe Kelly is somehow still on the show, she's been terrible the past few episodes.

Driver off the deck just was such a wild move especially under that kind of pressure.

Yeah, that was never gonna end well. Especially from what? Was that really 228 yards? Why? Didn't she have a 3 wood or hybrid in the bag?

I think that hole played into a strong breeze, at least they kept commenting on the wind. The first time through the tees were...250ish? and neither came very close. Probably figured Marcela was certain to hit it on ( I seem to remember her approach as 168y) and she didn't want to rely on an up and down. Lie looked a bit awkward for it, and the shot looked like one of my less successful scramble efforts. Still, she must have had some expectation of success even to try it...seems like a bad time to try something that has a low, low chance of success.

I think that hole played into a strong breeze

Into the wind and I don't think these ladies hit the ball very far for the most part.

Ah. Noted. I forgot about the wind

It was a poor choice nonetheless, as jmatt pointed out.

(I missed a lot the past week or so in this thread. I just read through the past 6 pages, there was so much support for Allison. I'm a bit surprised her supporters aren't voicing their outrage at her being sent packing!)

I think Selanee's fidgeting with her nails, etc. is just a nervous reaction, and does not indicate disinterest. I think she's the most interesting personality on the show in a quirky way, and I'm rooting for her and Christina, who I think is just a nice person.

The Driver off the deck was a really poor choice. I told Allison through my TV that you don't hit shots you haven't practiced, but she did it anyway.

Last year on the Symetra tour the leader in driving distance averaged 265 off the tee, which would suggest that 228 with a 3-wood would require favorable conditions for even the longest hitters at this level (avg driving distance on the LPGA this year is 250-280).

There's no way she was hitting that green, so she needed to just hit a good shot down somewhere close and hope for some short game magic (or a mistake by her opponent). They had just played that same hole from the front tees and Allison hit a really good drive that only went about 200 yards - how in the world are you going to hit it almost 230 off the deck?

All risk + no reward = bad decision

Driver off the deck one of the dumbest big break moments I have seen. Where did that seem like a good idea. Kelly has been off lately but lets not forget that she had a good lead in the points for a few weeks I'm pulling for her. Selanee drives me nuts I don't think she lasts much longer.

Selanee is my favorite. She's quirky, funny, and hot. And her golf game isn't that bad either.

I can't believe I'm actually watching a replay of this show. Boy these girls are haut :D

I've been so leery of coming back to this thread, is it safe to rejoin the fray? I still like this show, provides a perfect amount on fun and drama.

It's safe....as long as you agree with me...I kid i kid! I'm going to bed...I can't for the life of me figure out why long sleeves are being worn in the Bahamas

I hated to see Allison go....she had some game and I liked her attitude....Kelly is hanging on by a thread

I also wanted to mention that I made the mistake of watching Big Break Academy last night and was left bemused that Allison didn't get her own show. I thought Michael Breed missed the chance to give a lesson on shot selection/course management, and his show was so much fluff, more so than usual. I couldn't make sense of it

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

Michael Breed is a boob talker its hilarious. Plus he always touches them and it makes me feel uncomfortable even watching it.

Michael Breed is a boob talker its hilarious. Plus he always touches them and it makes me feel uncomfortable even watching it.
Seriously. And comments like "that a girl!" do little to endear him to me. C'mon now...

Big time. Creep meter was on 11. Scurv.

Back