Big Break: Disney [spoilers]

I wouldn't have minded keeping Ed around...

Ed-Moses---swim_thumb.jpg

I wouldn't have minded keeping Ed around...

Ed-Moses---swim_thumb.jpg

soxy's new nickname is "pervy"

First the skort, then the comment about the green guys' junk, and now this!

I finally watched the first episode last night. I have to agree wit Harry and Graz, you have to be a total D Bag to go by the name K Max. I mean, come on, really.
Also did Pat Perez's brother have DC golf shoes on or was he just wearing street shoes?

I finally watched the first episode last night. I have to agree wit Harry and Graz, you have to be a total D Bag to go by the name K Max. I mean, come on, really.
Also did Pat Perez's brother have DC golf shoes on or was he just wearing street shoes?

I rewound it and I didn't see any spikes. (Does DC even make golf shoes?)

I still think Blake has gigantic richard potential. Giuliani Jr. is just going to be annoying. Boy might want to look into some Ritalin (or whatever pharmaceutical makes you just sit down and STFU.).

Also noticed that Perez is wearing a DC belt buckle in it. He must have a sponsorship deal with them.

Thats what I was figuring, probably some type of one offs.

I think Giuliani is a guaranteed annoyance.

I prefer the shows where there aren't any jerks. But I guess most of America likes the conflict.

For me, Big Break: Ka'anapali would have been the perfect season of BB if there was no Lori (or Cirbe - but only because she was terrible, and because the goth thing just screamed "attention wh0re.") The rest of the girls seemed nice. (mmmmm . . . Samantha . . .)

I don't want conflict on the all female versions. I want legs. :D

On the male versions the golf ability is always more evenly distributed so the personalities are a more significant variable. I prefer cocky loudmouths as long as there is a wink and a nod aspect, a hint they are nice guys when not on display, instead of a legit moron. For example, Brian Skatell is awesome but I couldn't stand a couple of guys from Mesquite, Anthony Rodriquez and (winner) Brian Kontak.

I always think of it as the Nastase/Connors distinction. Ilie was a showman who got some bad press but I heard tons of good things about him, off the court. Connors was a jerk, although he may have mellowed later.

BTW, anticipating tomorrow night's episode, how can they have a golf Home Run Derby competition within a baseball park? The promos clearly show drivers were used, not lob wedges. I guess it must be those Cayman-type golf balls that travel only a hundred or hundred and fifty yards max.

For example, Brian Skatell is awesome but I couldn't stand a couple of guys from Mesquite, Anthony Rodriquez and (winner) Brian Kontak.

I agree about A-Rod and Kontak, but I still think Skatell was/is a headcase.

BTW, anticipating tomorrow night's episode, how can they have a golf Home Run Derby competition within a baseball park? The promos clearly show drivers were used, not lob wedges. I guess it must be those Cayman-type golf balls that travel only a hundred or hundred and fifty yards max.

Maybe they have to hit it to a specific target in the stands? One section is a single, another a double, upper deck is a home run, etc.?

I really hope Giuliani Jr. goes home, but I'm guessing from some of the videos that he won't for a couple of shows.

I guess it must be those Cayman-type golf balls that travel only a hundred or hundred and fifty yards max.

Once again, Awsi appears to have inside information!

Forgot it was on again. Well the good thing about the golf channel is they'll have a Big Break Disney marathon before the season is even over! Plus they will show it every day until next show.

Plus they will show it every day until next show.

Are you kidding Smallie? It's already on again right now. Literally. (Last 20 minutes.)

And to think that they could have kept Golf Channel Academy (and Golf Channel Academy Live) instead of repeating everything a brazilian times. Those were my favorite programs EVER on the Golf Channel. I'll keep harping on the Kessler thing forever probably.

Once again, Awsi appears to have inside information!

Actually I've had to hit those darn Cayman balls many times in limited space driving ranges in the West, specifically at one course in the North Lake Tahoe area, so the experience sticks in my mind. Those balls seem to have more variance than typical. I'll smack one and it plummets.

Anyway, on tonight's episode the two guys who immediately appeared to have less than cheerful facial expressions in the after-the-fact confessionals were Giuliani and Andreas, so I expected one of them would depart. Once Giuliani survived via the bunker challenge I was confident it would be Andreas. I guess the two of them are mini tour traveling buddies so it makes sense Giuliani was more subdued than he otherwise would have been.

* I wish we had seen full swings in standard view from every contestant during the Home Run Derby, instead of one blast after another from Tony. We got the point. Split screen doesn't work well during Big Break, IMO, but they seem to be using it more often.

* Very difficult to believe all 5 bunker challenges were one and done, a 2 and a 3. Maybe Golfgal's interviews will reveal that some of them had to be replayed, perhaps many times, but we weren't informed of it.

* I hate it when elimination is circle challenge only, without the pressure of finishing a hole.

Are you kidding Smallie? It's already on again right now. Literally. (Last 20 minutes.)

And a good thing too, because I still haven't got this whole DVR thing figured out.

And a good thing too, because I still haven't got this whole DVR thing figured out.

Does Comcast offer online programming for their DVRs? Until you get your remote, you could just go on to their website and set up what you want recorded.

When do you get your remote?

And to think that they could have kept Golf Channel Academy (and Golf Channel Academy Live) instead of repeating everything a brazilian times. Those were my favorite programs EVER on the Golf Channel. I'll keep harping on the Kessler thing forever probably.

Firing Kessler was and will always be the stupidest move the GC ever made. Michael Breed has to be the most annoying human being alive and I can't make myself watch the golf fix more than 5 minutes before I want to scream. Nothing will ever top the Academy Live show with the pro's giving their inside tips and discussing what things they focus on. I miss the old shows so much that I hardly watch the GC at night unless there is a tourney on or some other show worth watching.

Actually I've had to hit those darn Cayman balls many times in limited space driving ranges in the West, specifically at one course in the North Lake Tahoe area, so the experience sticks in my mind. Those balls seem to have more variance than typical. I'll smack one and it plummets.

Our club tried to switch to them a few years ago. There was a revolt because the ball felt weird and had all kinds of crazy movement. It would start out drawing and then suddenly slice. Everyone hated them. They were forced to switch back.

I found it odd that one of the brothers complained of a shoulder injury during the driving contest and then could easily hit the green from 190 without any sort of affect from the injury.

Firing Kessler was and will always be the stupidest move the GC ever made. Michael Breed has to be the most annoying human being alive and I can't make myself watch the golf fix more than 5 minutes before I want to scream. Nothing will ever top the Academy Live show with the pro's giving their inside tips and discussing what things they focus on. I miss the old shows so much that I hardly watch the GC at night unless there is a tourney on or some other show worth watching.

I like Breed, but I agree with everything else. Dropping Kessler made so little sense I initially thought it was a joke. Those programs clearly were the highlight of Golf Channel. Once he was gone I sampled the replacement shows and they were so pathetic I'd estimate I dropped 80% of my Golf Channel viewing time. It's the reason I barely watched any of the early Big Breaks, merely an episode here and there.

Not to change the subject, but Gipper Finau was using a 9-iron from 170? He plays a game I have no familiarity with.

Why would you ever change the subject on THP? hehe

When they said he was using a 9 iron from 170 I just about fell out of my chair. I could not believe. That is just not possible in my world.

When they said he was using a 9 iron from 170 I just about fell out of my chair. I could not believe. That is just not possible in my world.

No kidding. I have to use an 8-iron for that!

(followed by an L-wedge)

I can hit a 9i from 170.

Probably come up 30 to 40 yards short, but I can definitely hit a 9i from 170.

Kevin

Back