One of the things I struggle with is recognizing the need for the ball switch early. Usually say to myself that I messed up and if I just got it out a little further would be OK but then make a similar miss. Good set overall even with the 3rd game.
Yeah, I am stubborn like that with ball changes. I figure if I can get it out, just that much further it will be OK.......Nope!!

Yeah, I am stubborn like that with ball changes. I figure if I can get it out, just that much further it will be OK.......Nope!!
Totally get it. You bowl nationals?

Totally get it. You bowl nationals?
Yes, I do bowl them. I am skipping this year though. Will be my first in 7 years that I am not going.

2 reasons:

1. My regular team kind of flaked a bit and we took too long to decide when we would go. Dates and squad times are horrible now to try and schedule, I am not bowling an 1145pm squad. So, we decided to skip this year. I wasn't really excited to go back to Reno again anyway.

2. I had something a little better pop up as an opportunity though, The Morgan Cup, to perfectly fill the May time frame that I usually travel to Nationals in. The Morgan Cup is going to be a fantastic experience. :cool:?

I bowled in a Thursday night league back in the seventies.
Don't know where my ball and shoes are.
Probably lost them two or three moves ago.

I bowled in a Thursday night league back in the seventies.
Don't know where my ball and shoes are.
Probably lost them two or three moves ago.
You'd need new anyway, nothing from then would be very effective except as a good spare ball.

Yes, I do bowl them. I am skipping this year though. Will be my first in 7 years that I am not going.

2 reasons:

1. My regular team kind of flaked a bit and we took too long to decide when we would go. Dates and squad times are horrible now to try and schedule, I am not bowling an 1145pm squad. So, we decided to skip this year. I wasn't really excited to go back to Reno again anyway.

2. I had something a little better pop up as an opportunity though, The Morgan Cup, to perfectly fill the May time frame that I usually travel to Nationals in. The Morgan Cup is going to be a fantastic experience. :cool:?
I've only gone to Reno and Vegas. We go June 22 and 23rd. My buddy puts together about 16 to 20 teams. Tbh there may be a few spots open in the group. Planning to go up a few days early with a couple guys and play a few rounds.

And totally would have wanted to go to Morgan Cup but joined the site a couple days after entries closed so I'll have to wait until next year to win

I've only gone to Reno and Vegas. We go June 22 and 23rd. My buddy puts together about 16 to 20 teams. Tbh there may be a few spots open in the group. Planning to go up a few days early with a couple guys and play a few rounds.

And totally would have wanted to go to Morgan Cup but joined the site a couple days after entries closed so I'll have to wait until next year to win

Yeah, been to Reno 3 times, Vegas twice, El Paso and Syracuse.

Vegas is so much better all around than Reno. Easier and so much cheaper to get to. For me especially, have family in Vegas so I don't have to spring for hotel. (y)
Was nice to be able to drive to El Paso. Will be even nicer when Nationals are in Houston in 2 years. :cool: That's only a 4 hour drive.

It takes really effort to shoot 597 after you start out with a 278. Pretty sure it is my new high in a series under 600. Solid way to light every bracket on fire. Lanes where **** early and I started chasing carry after back to back 10 pins in frames 1 and 2 of second game and ended up with 9 splits and flagged 2 10 pins. I knew I was in trouble how far left I had to start. 597 was high on the pair with 5 other bowlers averaging between 201- 217.

On the bright side the revs are coming back after 10 years off and only 1 season since 2003. Hooking the ball a good 5 boards more at the arrows from week 1. Still completely such with a 191 average though. Wish I was lefted handed. Another 800+. Think the 800 count is 7 to 2 on lefties v righties even though they make up only like 15% of the league.

Last edited:
It takes really effort to shoot 597 after you start out with a 278. Pretty sure it is my new high in a series under 600. Solid way to light every bracket on fire. Lanes where **** early and I started chasing carry after back to back 10 pins in frames 1 and 2 of second game and ended up with 9 splits and flagged 2 10 pins. I knew I was in trouble how far left I had to start. 597 was high on the pair with 5 other bowlers averaging between 201- 217.

On the bright side the revs are coming back after 10 years off and only 1 season since 2003. Hooking the ball a good 5 boards more at the arrows from week 1. Still completely such with a 191 average though. Wish I was lefted handed. Another 800+. Think the 800 count is 7 to 2 on lefties v righties even though they make up only like 15% of the league.
I keep threatening to go lefty one of these days. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I keep threatening to go lefty one of these days. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I did it for awhile when I hurt my right shoulder. I averaged about 165 I think. Very difficult having to think about how do I walk?

I did it for awhile when I hurt my right shoulder. I averaged about 165 I think. Very difficult having to think about how do I walk?
Everytime I have tried it, I just keep same footwork and hope I don't slam ball into my ankle. LOL!!
Did shoot 200+ a few times going lefty though when messing around. :ROFLMAO:

Everytime I have tried it, I just keep same footwork and hope I don't slam ball into my ankle. LOL!!
Did shoot 200+ a few times going lefty though when messing around. :ROFLMAO:
I think my high game was 235. But I changed everything to mirror. Same approach, all that. Thinking about doing an adult/Jr league soon and since no sidepot action will probably go LH for that.

Last night a lot of 10 pins, I think I shot 223-214-236/673. Split in the 10th frame game 1 6-7. Almost made it.

Rough night last night, end pair of the house is always tricky. Poor carry again with 6 10 pins on the night. Really poor execution on picking them up, only converted 50% which is terrible.

198-193-213 = 604 YIKES!!

Same, but was 4 for 6 on the tens. Both I missed because one of the screw holes on the approach of right lane, the little plug was just a little sunken and just caused me to stick just a little. 217-173-210/600
Game 2 started and finished with a split.

Another rough night for me. Lanes were trashed with older guys throwing urethane in the early squad. :dohanim:

220-186-183-214 = 803

Another rough night for me. Lanes were trashed with older guys throwing urethane in the early squad. :dohanim:

220-186-183-214 = 803

That always makes for a rough night. However, not gonna lie, I do love bringing out my old urethane phantom and U2 to burn a long down and in. The reaction from the high rev guys are priceless lol Evil... I know... I’m that guy... right here... I own it lol.

That always makes for a rough night. However, not gonna lie, I do love bringing out my old urethane phantom and U2 to burn a long down and in. The reaction from the high rev guys are priceless lol Evil... I know... I’m that guy... right here... I own it lol.
LOL!! Nice.
Gotta adjust and hope to get some good carry when that happens. Exactly what happened in my last game. :cool:?

Well last night started great with the ball falling off my thumb and going in the gutter. Followed up with a solid nine for second ball. Next 6 and then swing it a little wide for a slammed 7 10 split. 224-246-206/676
Last game only 6 strikes and missed one 10 pin.

Nice series !

A little rough for me on Sunday. 188-217-195 = 600
I had a 7-10 split in both the 1st and 3rd game on great looking pocket shots and both on the first ball of the 10th frame.

Nice series !

A little rough for me on Sunday. 188-217-195 = 600
I had a 7-10 split in both the 1st and 3rd game on great looking pocket shots and both on the first ball of the 10th frame.

I hate splits in the tenth. So many times you can be doing great and then that just kills your game.

So it turns out that last week someone beat my high series in the league. I had 801 and they shot 811 last week. Well I made a run at it and tried to take it back but game 3 lost carry. 268-257-238/763 Had 2 4 pins 3 9 pins and 4 ten pins. Did miss one of the 9s but it was last ball in game one so could have had 269 and then didn't shoot at one of the tens. oh yeah and almost left a 5 7 in 2nd frame of game 2 but the seven fell.

Heading to Vegas for the weekend to bowl a tournament. 4 man team, singles and doubles. Let's hope I bowl like last night.

Had to sub last night shot 268-193-232 with Katana. Stupid split in 10th of game 2 cost me the 700. People keep asking me why I quit bowling LOL

Had to sub last night shot 268-193-232 with Katana. Stupid split in 10th of game 2 cost me the 700. People keep asking me why I quit bowling LOL

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I can SOOOOO relate to this... if I could count no-taps or 279s from washout 10th frames I would have triple digit 300s lol

Back