Breaking Down the Mizuno Pro Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Late last year, the new Mizuno Pro irons were officially announced and hit the market in some areas, while others they dropped just a couple of months ago. If you missed our preview on the Mizuno Pro 241, 243 or 245 irons, you can find it here.

Since that time, golfers have been able to get their hands on them and the reviews on the THP Forum have been stellar. That always leads to questions, and what better way to break them down than to visit Mizuno HQ and chat about the line.

We wanted to get a little more info on how they compare and what makes the Mizuno Pro 241, 243 and 245 irons unique. Chris Voshall from Mizuno Golf walks us through the entire lineup and helps you identify which set would be best in your bag.

Which Mizuno Pro set do you think would fit you best? Could you see yourself putting together a combo set of Mizuno Pro 245 mixed in with some 243 and 241? Do you think you would combo at all or go straight through on any of the sets?

For more information on any of the irons discussed in the video, check out their website at www.mizunogolf.com.

Continue reading...

Keep all the Vosh videos coming :love:

The tech talk from Vosh is amazing. Great sounding irons.

Very helpful video. I'd love to give the 245's some swings one of these days.

Really no one better at these review videos than Vosh.

Great video. I would definitely be a 245 guy. Need the pop.

• Admin
Very helpful video. I'd love to give the 245's some swings one of these days.
I should have my set with the Recoil Darts back before our next round in April.

Pretty sure I’d be 245 all the way down. Could use the pop and it sounds like they kept them very workable around the greens in the wedges.

I’d probably go 245 all the way. Always can use a bit of forgiveness.

I should have my set with the Recoil Darts back before our next round in April.
Oh wow. Thats an incredible sounding combo.

These sound great. I may swing by the PGA store and hit the 245 just to see.

I'd be 245's. They're the only irons that I would think about replacing my current set with.

I could listen to Chris talk all day.

That being said - I would like to try the 243's BUT since no Lefty Love in those (which seems odd) - I would go 245

Sign me up for the monster of the lineup as Vosh calls them. You can tell he almost gets giddy when he gets to the 245.

1710159550195.png

Ok, I chortled. At least you didn’t mention finding the second island to the right on #17.

Great content here. Love hearing Chris talk about clubs. 243 all the way for me. I love them especially now that I’m starting to clean up my ballstriking.

Outside of not giving Vosh credit for the '23 Victory Cup win, love listening to Vosh talk about these. I'd be in straight 245's as an upgrade to the 225's already in my bag.

These irons are fantastic looking. I could play some 245s straight or 243s straight and probably be pretty happy.

Straight 245s for me. Vosh is very passionate about his family, his job, and THP. I was fortunate to share a cart for 18 holes with Chris at the 2022 Victory Cup and it is one of the top 3 highlights of my golf career.

That was a fantastic explanation and breakdown. If I was going to play a set of these I would be leaning 245

Straight 245s for me. Vosh is very passionate about his family, his job, and THP. I was fortunate to share a cart for 18 holes with Chris at the 2022 Victory Cup and it is one of the top 3 highlights of my golf career.
This exactly. I also had 18 with Chris, before his first child was born. We discussed so much golf, family, vacations. All of it. He’s a super nice and kind person, his passion for the game and the equipment his company makes, it was an honor to spend a round with him.

I’d likely go all 245 as I did all 225. So confidence inspiring.

Thanks to THP, Mizuno, Chris, and @Deebo76 who nailed it is his reply.

Vosh is the absolute best.

He also has really made me want to hit the 245’s 😳

Was pretty close to ending up in a straight set of 243's earlier this year. The whole line is killer, and the 243's/241's have incredible feel.

I'm very very close to ordering the 241s....but possibly with a 243 4-iron.

He really doesn't mince words on the size. "These are really small" lol

Back