Bridgestone J15 Cavity Back Irons

I don't know Canadan, they look pretty good blue. #enabler

20150205_152048-L_zpsyd44onqj.jpg
Sweet looking Mad Skills there!

put the order in today CB DG Pro's on the way. can't wait. ��

Have to agree with everything you've said Dan. I cant wait to get mine with the KBS TourV 125's out to the course. The range sessions and indoor numbers have me super excited.

I really like the color fill...but opted to go completely raw.

Have to agree with everything you've said Dan. I cant wait to get mine with the KBS TourV 125's out to the course. The range sessions and indoor numbers have me super excited.

I really like the color fill...but opted to go completely raw.
Soon my friend... soon we shall see how they really are... good or great?

I was looking for more info from the guys that have the cavity backs on whether or not you stuck with the DG pros, or had an up charge or change to a different shaft. Looking to order mine this week and am stuck between the pros and the Nippon 120. I hit the cavity back with the DG pro in the testdrive program and really like the flight and feel , Coming from S400 , but looking at no up charge for the new modus 120s just kind a wondering on which direction to go hope to hear everybody's thoughts thanks

Like Dan said, it's hard to suggest to someone else what shaft you should go with. I haven't hit the Nippon 120, so I can't compare the two. The progressive setup will help a bit with the launch on the long irons if that is something you feel like you may need. I like the DG Pros so far. I've had a few shots with the long irons where I've ballooned it, but those are the exception for me. I don't have plans to swap shafts right now.

Like Dan said, it's hard to suggest to someone else what shaft you should go with. I haven't hit the Nippon 120, so I can't compare the two. The progressive setup will help a bit with the launch on the long irons if that is something you feel like you may need. I like the DG Pros so far. I've had a few shots with the long irons where I've ballooned it, but those are the exception for me. I don't have plans to swap shafts right now.

Noted and Thanks , Spicoli and Canadan, for the input, I liked what I was feeling and seeing from the DG during my Test Drive on the CB, so decided to stop contemplating and go with what worked when I hit them, was told 2 to 3 weeks before delivery though UGH! Will have to plug along with my J38 DPC (not such a bad thing).

Thanks

Noted and Thanks , Spicoli and Canadan, for the input, I liked what I was feeling and seeing from the DG during my Test Drive on the CB, so decided to stop contemplating and go with what worked when I hit them, was told 2 to 3 weeks before delivery though UGH! Will have to plug along with my J38 DPC (not such a bad thing).

Thanks

No problem. 2 to 3 weeks can seem like an eternity when you are waiting for new clubs. Keep us posted on how the J15 works for you.

Hit these again today at the range and still get a big smile. I think these with the Tour V are a win for me. Once I get through a few live rounds will post some thoughts. In case what I'm seeing is simply that and not reality.

I got out yesterday for a range session and played 9 afterwards. I really do like what Bridgestone has done with the sole of the J15. I never had any issues with my J40s in terms of digging, (and I'm not usually one who pays a ton of attention to "turf interaction") but the Wide Sure Contact Sole just seems to work well for me. I still have not had an opportunity to compare the J15 to J40 side-by-side in terms of distance, but I feel like I'm maybe getting a little more distance out of the J15. I'm hitting the J15 comfotably to distances with the same club where I might be swinging hard with the J40. A poor swing will still get punished by these as when I saw a two weeks ago teeing off without warming up in some cold temps. I unfortunately have not had the change to play a lot since getting these, but hopefully I will get out more once the weather gets better and we have longer days. I'm liking what I am seeing so far though.

As I posted on Twitter, Sneds has put these in the bag (4-9) and playing them with Aerotech graphite shafts.

As I posted on Twitter, Sneds has put these in the bag (4-9) and playing them with Aerotech graphite shafts.

I bet they are awesome with Aerotech's in them. That's been his go to shaft for some time, hasn't it?

I bet they are awesome with Aerotech's in them. That's been his go to shaft for some time, hasn't it?

It has. He switched out to KBS steel for a bit, but back to graphite.

Remember hitting these. Really great feel with the shaft it had in it and scary straight.

These are on my ponder list, cannot wait to give them a strike. The struggle to find it in the shaft I want is frustrating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What shaft are you looking for in them?

X100's the stores here do not carry them. Usually special orders when you purchase

X100's the stores here do not carry them. Usually special orders when you purchase

Why not order direct from a BStone dealer? They'll give you a variety of shafts and grips to pick from without an upcharge (which is awesome).

Why not order direct from a BStone dealer? They'll give you a variety of shafts and grips to pick from without an upcharge (which is awesome).

I would but wanting to try these options in store before buying. The demo options is a possibility at the moment. So much to factor in

Yep the x-100 is no upcharge as well. I almost went with them before I went with the combo I have now. Any Bridgestone dealer should be able to make it happen. A few of the reputable online dealers do Bridgestone as well. I put my order in through Ken at Victory Custom Golf which is not local to me but I use a good amount for various things. While I had a small delay on bridgestones end both Ken and Bstone made the situation more than right with me and I couldn't be happier.

Yep the x-100 is no upcharge as well. I almost went with them before I went with the combo I have now. Any Bridgestone dealer should be able to make it happen. A few of the reputable online dealers do Bridgestone as well. I put my order in through Ken at Victory Custom Golf which is not local to me but I use a good amount for various things. While I had a small delay on bridgestones end both Ken and Bstone made the situation more than right with me and I couldn't be happier.

I was told by an associate at golf town " if I want the x100's I will have to buy them and if they do not click I will have to pay a return penalty" I thought that was a bit rough, maybe I will try elsewhere.

I was told by an associate at golf town " if I want the x100's I will have to buy them and if they do not click I will have to pay a return penalty" I thought that was a bit rough, maybe I will try elsewhere.

Try elsewhere I asked at two different places and was told it was no upcharge. I think return policy will depend on where you get them.

I would but wanting to try these options in store before buying. The demo options is a possibility at the moment. So much to factor in

I would try that test drive program I think they have the X100's I was stuck also didn't know between cavity backs or dual forged also unsure about the shafts, but really like the DG pro and did the test drive , made my decision and bought the cavity backs

Try elsewhere I asked at two different places and was told it was no upcharge. I think return policy will depend on where you get them.
I think the other retailer has more selection , better prices so win win there.
I would try that test drive program I think they have the X100's I was stuck also didn't know between cavity backs or dual forged also unsure about the shafts, but really like the DG pro and did the test drive , made my decision and bought the cavity backs
I will also look into this option as well if the retailer does not have any available. Thanks for all the advice

I have an iron fitting next Saturday and these are definitely number 1 on my list! They won't have the head during the fitting since they don't stock Bridgestone (especially not LH), so any recommendations on a somewhat similar head?

These...are not leaving the bag anytime soon. Another range session this weekend and will put some thoughts down.

Back