Bridgestone J15 Driving Forged Irons

Mmaynard11

Grandaddy Captain Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Just as Canadan has mentioned, the 2014 THP Bridgestone Morgan Cup group, were given the option of selecting a set of irons from the 2015 J15 line up. I went with the J15 Driving Forged Irons and received these last night. My first impression, SLICK and I cannot wait to get these either to the range or the course. The look and weighting feel amazing.

From the Bridgestone Website:

J15 Driving Forged Irons:

For Professionals to Mid Handicap Amateurs

•Compact two-piece premium forged carbon steel design
• Hidden cavity between front and rear of club provides: ◦Flex Action Speed Technology for increased ball repulsion and distance
◦Allows discretionary weight to be moved to the perimeter for increased forgiveness
◦Incredible feel at impact

•Mid Sure Contact Sole ensures consistent contact and turf interaction
•True Temper Dynamic Gold DP Pro shaft
•Available Right Hand Only: 3-iron, 4-PW

In hand Pictures:

We can use this thread to comment on our thoughts of the J15DF Line over the next several months. If you have any questions please feel free to comment within this thread.

Thanks again THP and Bridgestone!!!

Last edited:
Can you really see that red dash line on the back at address? Or is it just the angle of the picture?

Those look so nice. Looking forward to your thoughts.

Oh my those are pretty.

Can you really see that red dash line on the back at address? Or is it just the angle of the picture?

Nope bad picture angle and a rush to get a thread up.

898c2373669b4fa1fc539bc1d69df5c3.jpg

Nope bad picture angle and a rush to get a thread up.

898c2373669b4fa1fc539bc1d69df5c3.jpg

Man I love how they all look similar at address, just different tech packages in them. All of them are so streamlined and sexy

Wow, those a sharp looking irons! The yellow grip is starting to grow on me. I wasn't a fan at first.

At first when I opened the box I was a bit shocked as well...then my daughter said, "I really like the yellow grip, Dad. Nice choice." Btw she is about to turn 4.

So I'll see you at my office around 5?

This would have been my choice from their line as well. Congrats and hit 'em well!

Can't wait to see what you have to say about them after having a chance to go through the whole set and maybe get some numbers. These were my favorite during Bstone Univ and left really curious about how they would stack up to what i currently have. I remember Corey saying that the distance in these irons were kind of scary.

Well, that was easier than I expected... decision has been made, LOL.

DF's it is!

Those look sweet, Bridegstone is bringing it. Wow.

this is my first choice in their line of clubs. i really like they way the look and feel. they also perform well on mishits. I played 4-5 shots with a 9i at Bridgestone U (2-3 from fwy/rough) and 2 on tee shots. The trajectory is nice mid-high and the fell is amazing. When i mishit a tee shot i still ended up pin high. I hit one from the fwy a little on the fat side and still flew the pin and ended up on the back left side of the green from 130-135ish iirc.

the yellow is great color and according to Josh they are using that color as standard so they standout amongst all the black grips in the stores.

ERMAGHERD those are so beautiful. i'm still in the process of building a solid hatred for my i25s. i just have so much money invested in them that i'm having a hard time justifying ditching them after a year in the bag. if (let's be honest, WHEN) i do, these j15df irons are very much in the running. can't wait to hear your thoughts!

They really feel good at address. I just about sent a B-330Rx out the window trying to hear this "clicking" sound. That wouldn't have been good.

Hit dead center on the face and just took off.

Only thing I don't like: calling them "driving forged". Makes me think it's a single long driving iron.

Face size compared to DPC.
4a0af6e8f34a177abcf82ebfb37995e8.jpg

Just slightly smaller.

Only thing I don't like: calling them "driving forged". Makes me think it's a single long driving iron.

I agree with you there.

Exactly when first announced I had to confirm this was an entire set vs a driving iron.

There must be a reason behind it...driving through the wind? Long like a driver? Hmm.

Highly anticipating the delivery of these! Not sure if the yellow grip is for me but that can be changed easily if I find I don't like it.

Man those look really nice, those or the DPF would have been on my list for sure

Back