Bryson DeChambeau Thread

I'm sure everyone has seen this by now...but thought it fit in the Bryson thread:

Thoughts?

I'm sure everyone has seen this by now...but thought it fit in the Bryson thread:

Thoughts?

here ya go.

Thoughts?
They didn't seem to care when Tiger was doing it so why now?

I don't see how they can adjust without negatively affecting the shorter hitters.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Regardless of what may or may not happen with equipment/balls/courses in response to longer distances in Tour golf, Bryson's swing is very interesting. His left arm/wrist setup and single plane give him remarkable ability to square the face at insane club head speeds. With his bulk up, I think his swing gets overlooked. I started playing with some of his swing ideas, and dang if I didn't have a more consistent impact. I really noticed it with driver. In fact, I kind of hate to admit it but I can actually swing faster with more consistent outcomes. Thinking about the biomechanics of the swing to take out variables is smart. I am going to look at his putting position and stroke next. Yeah, he looks rigid and uncomfortable. And his putting stats have improved tremendously. Can't wait to follow him at the Memorial this week. In my opinionated, highly subjective, information filtering mind, he is moving from fun novelty to worth watching more closely.

Regardless of what may or may not happen with equipment/balls/courses in response to longer distances in Tour golf, Bryson's swing is very interesting. His left arm/wrist setup and single plane give him remarkable ability to square the face at insane club head speeds. With his bulk up, I think his swing gets overlooked. I started playing with some of his swing ideas, and dang if I didn't have a more consistent impact. I really noticed it with driver. In fact, I kind of hate to admit it but I can actually swing faster with more consistent outcomes. Thinking about the biomechanics of the swing to take out variables is smart. I am going to look at his putting position and stroke next. Yeah, he looks rigid and uncomfortable. And his putting stats have improved tremendously. Can't wait to follow him at the Memorial this week. In my opinionated, highly subjective, information filtering mind, he is moving from fun novelty to worth watching more closely.

Think it would be accredited to Moe Norman and his Single Plane Swing method. Without tech and hitting a few million balls, he ended up in the same address and swing position Bryson found using tech... Its great to see someone on tour again using it and proving it does not slow your swing down. I changed to this method over the off season and have shot the lowest scores ever in my game. Sure we will see others adopting portions of this as well. Check out Tony Finau giving it a try. WOW!!!!

Think it would be accredited to Moe Norman and his Single Plane Swing method. Without tech and hitting a few million balls, he ended up in the same address and swing position Bryson found using tech... Its great to see someone on tour again using it and proving it does not slow your swing down. I changed to this method over the off season and have shot the lowest scores ever in my game. Sure we will see others adopting portions of this as well. Check out Tony Finau giving it a try. WOW!!!!

Tony giving what a try? Doesn't look like he's swinging like Bryson at all, if that is what you are suggesting.

Tony giving what a try? Doesn't look like he's swinging like Bryson at all, if that is what you are suggesting.
I didn't suggest it, Tony did in his post :)

I didn't suggest it, Tony did in his post :)
Gotcha. Yeah, I took that to mean let's see how hard I can swing/ball speed I can generate, not that Tony is adopting Bryson's swing mechanics. Clearly they are vastly different swings.

Bryson intentionally modeled his swing after Moe Norman, he didn't luck into it through tech.

Bryson intentionally modeled his swing after Moe Norman, he didn't luck into it through tech.
The thing is how simple the single plane swing is. It reminds me of swinging a string with a weight at the end of it. Just takes out so much of the complicated junk of weird arm movement and makes it pure swing on a straight arc line. Just wished I could do it better. You put power behind it, it goes.

Don't think he lucked into it, but from what I've read to date, he used kinesiology as well as tech to remove variables and arrive at the same end conclusion Moe discovered. That the single plane swing is more accurate, hence allowing more power to be applied.

Is it just me or does Bryson’s wedge game suck? He bombs it into perfect position. Second shot...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it just me or does Bryson’s wedge game suck? He bombs it into perfect position. Second shot...

His last tournament he played in he won and has something like seven top 10s in a row. Must be doing something right.

His last tournament he played in he won and has something like seven top 10s in a row. Must be doing something right.

I’m not disputing that. His driving is amazing and his putting is great.

I don’t think so. It’s weaker than driving but even if he hits 50% good wedges, he will have more birdies than the rest of people. And he will continue to improve.

This is the first quintuple bogey (10 on a par 5) by a pro I've seen in my lifetime of viewing. He needs a little more maturity, methinks and a lesson on course management.

methinks and a lesson on course management.

Fresh off victory and 7 top 10s in a row and he needs a lesson in course management?

I get that people don’t like the guy, but some of these takes throughout the internet are pretty funny (not you)

This is the first quintuple bogey (10 on a par 5) by a pro I've seen in my lifetime of viewing. He needs a little more maturity, methinks and a lesson on course management.
Fresh off victory and 7 top 10s in a row and he needs a lesson in course management?

I get that people don’t like the guy, but some of these takes throughout the internet are pretty funny.

I do think that hitting the exact same shot 2 times in a row and both of them going out of bounds is something I would do and my course management is not the greatest. While I won't say his course management sucks. It was definitely a poor shot choice to blast 3 wood out of that rough twice and almost a 3rd time.

I get that people don’t like the guy, but some of these takes throughout the internet are pretty funny (not you)
Somewhere in the disaster that was his 10, he needed to think about salvaging his score and making the cut instead of continually trying to hit it 280+ to the green, to me that is poor course management. I'm sure it was a lesson learned.

Calling his wedge game terrible may be a stretch, but I would argue he's been winning in spite of his wedge game. It certainly wasn't good this week. Here are all his shots from 50-150 yards this week. Far more below average shots than above average shots.

72 yards in the fairway to 41ft on the green. (Poor)
145 yards in the fairway to 29ft in the bunker. (Poor)
118 yards in the fairway to 36ft in the rough. (Poor)
109 yards in the fairway to 13ft on the green. (Good)
122 yards in the rough to 66 yards in the fairway. (Terrible, might have been the lie though I dunno)
75 yards in the fairway to 5ft on the green. (Excellent)
94 yards in the fairway to 7ft on the green. (Excellent)
100 yards in the fairway to 16ft on the fringe. (Average)
104 yards in the fairway to 26ft in the rough. (Poor)
121 yards in the fairway to 38ft in the rough. (Poor)
79 yards in the fairway to 13ft on the green. (Good)
127 yards in the fairway to 33ft on the green. (Below Average)
117 yards in the fairway to 18ft on the green. (Good)
82 yards in the rough to 22ft on the green. (Good)
93 yards in the first cut to 41ft in the bunker. (Poor)
66 yards in the fairway to 21ft on the green. (Below Average)

Calling his wedge game terrible may be a stretch, but I would argue he's been winning in spite of his wedge game. It certainly wasn't good this week. Here are all his shots from 50-150 yards this week. Far more below average shots than above average shots.

72 yards in the fairway to 41ft on the green. (Poor)
145 yards in the fairway to 29ft in the bunker. (Poor)
118 yards in the fairway to 36ft in the rough. (Poor)
109 yards in the fairway to 13ft on the green. (Good)
122 yards in the rough to 66 yards in the fairway. (Terrible, might have been the lie though I dunno)
75 yards in the fairway to 5ft on the green. (Excellent)
94 yards in the fairway to 7ft on the green. (Excellent)
100 yards in the fairway to 16ft on the fringe. (Average)
104 yards in the fairway to 26ft in the rough. (Poor)
121 yards in the fairway to 38ft in the rough. (Poor)
79 yards in the fairway to 13ft on the green. (Good)
127 yards in the fairway to 33ft on the green. (Below Average)
117 yards in the fairway to 18ft on the green. (Good)
82 yards in the rough to 22ft on the green. (Good)
93 yards in the first cut to 41ft in the bunker. (Poor)
66 yards in the fairway to 21ft on the green. (Below Average)
I agree, he needs to get working on his game inside 120 yards, then he will be hard to beat.

Ooooof let's all have a moment of silence for Bryson's brand after his display today. He crapped all over it haha!

Good grief just saw that exchange with the refs, and his caddy trying to block the camera. This guy is really trying to be less likeable that Ratrick Peed.

Back