Bryson talking 48” driver shaft at the US Open

I like it, keep it up. Make it almost so crazy that I do not have to hear about how far every PGA tour pro hits it for 5 hrs on Sunday, I just have to deal with just one guy. It gets old hearing about distance for years and years.

Lot of hate for BAD in here-- I like the guy-- he bucks the trend. Does he have a bit of polishing to do on his ego/PR yep sure does- but he tries some new stuff and so far it's worked, for him at least.

Love it! XXX at least for that brute. Going to be a fun watch. Been years since I swung a 48 but still have my last one converted to camera stand. Good times ahead.

It's crazy to watch how the PGA likes to talk about how far Bryson is hitting it, but he isn't even the longest on tour. It will be interesting to see the experiment, but he should experiment on his approach and around the green a whole lot more. He hits it plenty far, but his irons and short game have not been lacking.

I can’t wait to see how far OB he hits some with it

Reactions: J4U
Don't care for him at all, may be the cap. Only person I've seen play a 48" driver shaft was 85 years old and needed the shaft length to be able to hit the ball 160 yards. Only problem I have with Bubba is that every time he misses a putt he stops and looks at the green as something is wrong with the green. If you miss, you miss, just go on.

It's crazy to watch how the PGA likes to talk about how far Bryson is hitting it, but he isn't even the longest on tour. It will be interesting to see the experiment, but he should experiment on his approach and around the green a whole lot more. He hits it plenty far, but his irons and short game have not been lacking.

Technically he is the longest on tour this year, breaking the driving distance record held by Hank Kuehne since 2003. There are 72 other players that average over 3 bills as well.

If Bryson hit it this long when he hit the tour, I wonder if he ever would have gone to one-length. I can't see WHY he needs one length, especially in his short game. Seems to stifle creativity.

Technically he is the longest on tour this year, breaking the driving distance record held by Hank Kuehne since 2003. There are 72 other players that average over 3 bills as well.

If Bryson hit it this long when he hit the tour, I wonder if he ever would have gone to one-length. I can't see WHY he needs one length, especially in his short game. Seems to stifle creativity.
Why shouldn’t he use it? His version of single plane seems to have worked for him.

****, after 7 too 10s and a victory in a row this year... I find it fascinating how when Bryson does struggle it’s the equipment. When everybody else struggles it’s the swing. Someone get Spieth a set of One Length.

Why shouldn’t he use it? His version of single plane seems to have worked for him.

Longer shaft -- like the 48" shaft he's gone to in the driver, bucking his tradition -- is for length.
For a wedge, requiring accuracy, it's just not needed.

Longer shaft -- like the 48" shaft he's gone to in the driver, bucking his tradition -- is for length.
For a wedge, requiring accuracy, it's just not needed.
According to who?
change doesn’t mean wrong. Variable is an entire lineup of change. Why is his equipment wrong after his results and everybody else that has failed right?

Going on a limb and saying he has a MC this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going on a limb and saying he has a MC this week

As much as I hope so on a personal level, hahaha, the reality is the dude WILL win majors, and probably several of them, it’s going to happen, I just don’t think this is the rough he’s going to do it in. But, on a track where hitting 50% of fairways will be a GOOD day for players, who knows!

As much as I hope so on a personal level, hahaha, the reality is the dude WILL win majors, and probably several of them, it’s going to happen, I just don’t think this is the rough he’s going to do it in. But, on a track where hitting 50% of fairways will be a GOOD day for players, who knows!

Oh I’m sure he will. Still going to be a Dbag in my eyes. Just then will be a Dbag with lots of trophies

According to who?
change doesn’t mean wrong. Variable is an entire lineup of change. Why is his equipment wrong after his results and everybody else that has failed right?

The "according to" list is too long (but would be great for SEO)

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 7.41.21 AM.png

Here are Bryson's 2020 stats.

The Good: Strokes Gained off the tee: #1. SG Putting: #10.
The Bad: SG Approach the Green: 119th. SG Around the Green: 111th

Is the cause his shaft length? No one really knows but it'd be hard to think he'd be WORSE with a shaft change. Otherwise, as a player you could argue he just has a very poor short game.

If you dig back to 2017, Bryson's stats are similar. SG Off the tee he was 34th. Poor rankings again with both Approach and Around the Green (aka the scoring clubs). But look at putting. From 145th to 10th in 2020. You can argue that despite gaining 30 pounds of...uhh, protein...the biggest improvement to you his game is putting. Period.

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 7.46.14 AM.png

Whatever. We will see how his pound ball hard philosophy fares at Winged Foot. At least we won't have to watch him during the weekend coverage.

The "according to" list is too long (but would be great for SEO)

View attachment 8963676

Here are Bryson's 2020 stats.

The Good: Strokes Gained off the tee: #1. SG Putting: #10.
The Bad: SG Approach the Green: 119th. SG Around the Green: 111th

Is the cause his shaft length? No one really knows but it'd be hard to think he'd be WORSE with a shaft change. Otherwise, as a player you could argue he just has a very poor short game.

If you dig back to 2017, Bryson's stats are similar. SG Off the tee he was 34th. Poor rankings again with both Approach and Around the Green (aka the scoring clubs). But look at putting. From 145th to 10th in 2020. You can argue that despite gaining 30 pounds of...uhh, protein...the biggest improvement to you his game is putting. Period.

View attachment 8963678

You made my point for me. Is his issue a shaft length issue...Nobody knows, but its the easy target for people that don't understand One Length. Its not about longer this and shorter that. Its about the same swing for every club that requires precision.

There are dozens of PGA Tour Players with worse stats and NOBODY is blaming their equipment. Yet Bryson's results, were rather fantastic this year and it's always "in spite of".

You made my point for me. Is his issue a shaft length issue...Nobody knows, but its the easy target for people that don't understand One Length. Its not about longer this and shorter that. Its about the same swing for every club that requires precision.

There are dozens of PGA Tour Players with worse stats and NOBODY is blaming their equipment. Yet Bryson's results, were rather fantastic this year and it's always "in spite of".

tumblr_inline_miqb9c5u1r1qz4rgp540.gif

So you're saying his poor short game is a L.O.F.T. issue?

Maybe he's just trying to stir up more attention. He's been a non-factor the last 5 weeks. His style vs winged foot is something I want to see. But in that fight, I'm taking winged foot.

The best part of this thread is the title that Bryson is playing a 48" shaft at Winged Foot, and the first post says he isn't. :ROFLMAO:

The best part of this thread is the title that Bryson is playing a 48" shaft at Winged Foot, and the first post says he isn't. :ROFLMAO:

Shhh stop spoiling our fun. :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: JB
The craziest part -- and there are a lot of crazy parts -- is that Bryson going to a 48" driver shaft means he's not happy with his gains so far.

I hope he kills a few of them 400 yards :)

Back