Bye Bye Barry - Barry Sanders Story

:rolleyes: No. He was great for his longevity. No one ran as well for as long, but he's next tier. He was on so much better teams. Swap Barry Sanders for Emmitt Smith on the Dallas teams and he would have same or more Super Bowl wins & more yardage.

And I'm not dissing Emmitt Smith. Definitely an all-time great & worthy HOFer. But Sanders is better - based on eye-test alone
Not to mention the HOF Oline, QB, and WR that Emmitt had when he “did it all” haha

Well that was really good and bright back some memories about the best RB to ever play the game!!!

I was born in this century.
I realize that guys that played before ESPN & internet don't count.

Just not sure why.

Also, Walter Peyton might have something to say about this thread too

I realize that guys that played before ESPN & internet don't count.

Just not sure why.

Also, Walter Peyton might have something to say about this thread too
I was just playing. It’s hard to compare different era players. Especially running back.

I was just playing. It’s hard to compare different era players. Especially running back.
It's all good. There's room in my pantheon for all of these guys. They were all so much fun to watch.

And another name to throw in there (unfortunately): OJ Simpson. Maybe the best psychopath/murderer RB of all time.

Watched this. Pretty good but not near the top of my favorite sports docs. I always forget how long Barry played, because the talk is always how he retired early.

It’s crazy the Lions have had two of the of the most prolific players retire in their prime.

Completely pointless and biased ranking of guys who played in completely different eras:

Barry
Jim Brown
Payton
OJ
****, maybe Emmitt

Watching this on flight. JeMelle Hill is a piece of **** human who takes this down a notch

Watching this on flight. JeMelle Hill is a piece of **** human who takes this down a notch
Sparty Fan.

Inside Out Disney GIF

Back