Bye Bye Barry - Barry Sanders Story

Nope, could have been, would have been, but wasn’t.
I know, career cut short. Still an all time tragedy.

I saw him play against OU in college. Love that guy and this looks like a "Must Watch"

Barry Sanders was great but Emmitt Smith was the best. has all the records and 3 super bowls which they only won because of him. teams knew Dallas was going to run the ball and still couldn't stop him.

Barry could have played flag football and sill run forever. Couldn't touch him

Will be tuning in to this for sure, he was soooo good.

Should be a good one on Prime. His departure reflected his play, he was there until he wasn't.

...and it is a great watch, what moves, what moves. I forgot what offensive lineman it was but he was asked what it's like watching Barry run, he said he didn't know because all he sees is the bottom of Barry's shoes.

Just watched this documentary on Barry Sanders on Amazon Prime. If you haven’t seen it you need to. Man, he was amazing. Glad I got to watch him his whole career. Sorry his Lions usually sucked so hard.

As a Packers fan it was tough to see some of those highlights again, but I always appreciated Barry. No showboating, handing the ball to the referees after every touch down.

And it brought back memories of thinking he was going to be taken down in the backfield, but he was the best at changing directions and going backwards to go forward.

Looking forward to watching this.. probably tomorrow night (Syracuse plays tonight).

Merged two threads together.

Barry Sanders was great but Emmitt Smith was the best. has all the records and 3 super bowls which they only won because of him. teams knew Dallas was going to run the ball and still couldn't stop him.
Emmitt was great, but he had an offensive line that I could run behind and through. Today, at 66 and way overweight.

Barry was THE best and there’s no debate.

I’m very curious to see if he answers the question we all want to know…Why?

I thought he said, wasn't for very much the same reason Megatron retired? Tired of being beaten up and being on a crappy team?

Oh I have to watch this!

I thought he said, wasn't for very much the same reason Megatron retired? Tired of being beaten up and being on a crappy team?
I have not watched it yet but yeah I have the same memory - just kind of tired of it all. The old rumor was that he didn't want to pass up his idol running backs, how true that is - no idea.

Does it not say in the doc specificially?

I have not watched it yet but yeah I have the same memory - just kind of tired of it all. The old rumor was that he didn't want to pass up his idol running backs, how true that is - no idea.

Does it not say in the doc specificially?
I have not watched it yet. But I loved Barry. No one before or since got to full speed faster.. it was like 2 steps..

Yeah something like that. Had to do with coaching and ownership I believe too. I haven't had a chance to watch this yet but the way he left was just so...odd for lack of a better term. Calvin I feel like we saw coming more.

Yeah something like that. Had to do with coaching and ownership I believe too. I haven't had a chance to watch this yet but the way he left was just so...odd for lack of a better term. Calvin I feel like we saw coming more.

It was very sudden and he had all time records in his sights.

Didn’t he do something weird like send a letter that he was retiring?

Gosh now I really want to watch this.

I totally agree. Such great movement.
The only thing I think he lacked was the complete high gear breakaway speed. He got run down a lot. But dang was he quick!!!

I sure wish he had stayed and become the all time rushing leader

If my team was on the 5 yard line and needed a TD, I'd choose Barry Sanders over E Smith every…damn… time!!!

It was very sudden and he had all time records in his sights.
Yep and for whatever reason and as good as he was his own dad never gave him the credit he deserved. The local radio station used to play a drop that I can still here in my head today... "yeah he is good, but he's not as good as Jim Brown."

Yep and for whatever reason and as good as he was his own dad never gave him the credit he deserved. The local radio station used to play a drop that I can still here in my head today... "yeah he is good, but he's not as good as Jim Brown."

Jim Brown.. pfft..

Back