Caddyshack vs. Happy Gilmore

• Caddyshack

Votes: 130 77.4%
  • Happy Gilmore

Votes: 37 22.0%
  • Didn't care for either one

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
This is like asking if the Yankees or Royals are a more storied franchise... Not even close. Caddyshack was the first of its kind. It is not only the best golf movie of all time, it is probably the best sports comedy of all time, and perhaps top 10 comedy of all time. Happy Gilmore was funny at times, but for the most part I just found Adam Sandler annoying. The cast of Caddyshack is legendary and Happy Gilmore didn't have Lacy Underall. Nuff said. Put it this way, if it wasn't for Caddyshack, there never would have been a Happy Gilmore.

what???>>??>? c'mon!??!?!?! don't hate on the baby blue.

Spoiler
IMG_0563.jpg

bwhahahahhahah! it was opening day! w00t!

Caddyshack wins hands down in my book....

"You'll get nothing and like it!"

they are not even in the same breath for me. Caddyshack is part of my youth and as far as I am concerned one of the funniest movies ever made. It's a cult classic.

Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac... It's in the hole! It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

I'll agree with TC, "Tin Cup" beats both out in my book...

Tried watching Caddyshack several times, can't sit through the movie all at one time, just can't get into it.

random? doesn't make sense? you're not old enough to drink are you? it makes perfect sense.

I am old enough to drink, I just don't understand it. It's funny, but it doesn't really have a true story to it in my opinion.

Forgot to add: Tin Cup does beat out both these movies. I have the movie and every time I see the ending my heart just aches. I can hardly watch.

I am old enough to drink, I just don't understand it. It's funny, but it doesn't really have a true story to it in my opinion.

Forgot to add: Tin Cup does beat out both these movies. I have the movie and every time I see the ending my heart just aches. I can hardly watch.

DISCLAIMER: Dent is from Canada, so that means he's over
Spoiler
13!

:D

Caddyshack, not even close.

My dad memorizes EVERY LINE in the entire movie.

Calling Caddyshack a "Golf Movie" is like calling "Airplane!" a documentary of the air travel industry.

But as a farcical golf comedy, it can't be beat!

Happy Gilmore pales in comparison.

-JP

Tin Cup may or may not have been a good movie, but when
Spoiler
Costner's ball hit with a fairway wood stops two feet away from the hole, then starts rolling backwards and goes in the lake
it totally and utterly lost all credibility in my eyes. Caddyshack is a far superior movie even without that bit, but after that it's like comparing Rachmaninov with a cat walking on the keys of a piano.

I'm going to give you a little advice. There's a force in the universe that makes things happen. And all you have to do is get in touch with it, stop thinking, let things happen, and be the ball.

Tin Cup may or may not have been a good movie, but when
Spoiler
Costner's ball hit with a fairway wood stops two feet away from the hole, then starts rolling backwards and goes in the lake
it totally and utterly lost all credibility in my eyes. Caddyshack is a far superior movie even without that bit, but after that it's like comparing Rachmaninov with a cat walking on the keys of a piano.

We really cannot base these movies on credibility of golf can we? Did we actually see Rodney Dangerfield play golf in the film? The golf in both movies is absurd.

I don't know. It sure looked like Happy had some game to me.

Along w/ Shooter.

We really cannot base these movies on credibility of golf can we? Did we actually see Rodney Dangerfield play golf in the film? The golf in both movies is absurd.

Yes, we do see him play golf. Not very well granted, but he hits Judge Smails in the you-know-whats when he starts "FORE!!! Oo, I shoulda yelled two"

However, the difference between the two movies is that Caddyshack never pretends to be serious about the golf, while Tin Cup most assuredly does.

Caddyshack and its not even close. Happy Gilmore is a great movie, but Caddyshack is a cult classic.

I like both, but Happy gets a bit old after a while. I can watch Caddyshack a couple times a year, especially when some old buddies are over. But Happy Gilmore is like a once every two year thing for me.

I want you to kill every gopher on the golf course!

Correct me if I'm wrong Sandy, but if I kill all the golfers, they're gonna lock me up and throw away the key...

Not golfers, you great fool! Gophers! The *little* *brown*, *furry* *rodents* -!

We can do that; we don't even have to have a reason. All right, let's do the same thing, but with gophers -!

Caddyshack without a doubt. People underestimate the coming of age theme. I was a looper in my early teens and it's just too funny.

"Hey, Whitey. Where's your hat?"

Kevin

I want you to kill every gopher on the golf course!

Correct me if I'm wrong Sandy, but if I kill all the golfers, they're gonna lock me up and throw away the key...

Not golfers, you great fool! Gophers! The *little* *brown*, *furry* *rodents* -!

We can do that; we don't even have to have a reason. All right, let's do the same thing, but with gophers -!

Caddyshack without a doubt. People underestimate the coming of age theme. I was a looper in my early teens and it's just too funny.

"Hey, Whitey. Where's your hat?"

Kevin

"Hey Danny, you do drugs?"
"Every day."

"Then how do you measure yourself with other golfers?"
"By height."

"Ha ha! What, you get a free bowl of soup with that hat? Oh, looks good on you though!"

The quotes are endless.

IT was prob just my sense of humour, but i never really found any of the jokes in Caddy Shack funny at all.

I love Caddyshack but I think Happy Gilmore has just as many one liners. Come on, Chubs became buddies with the gator in Heaven.
tumblr_kpp4d1K9Tk1qziyd9o1_500.png

Back