Caddyshack vs. Happy Gilmore

• Caddyshack

Votes: 130 77.4%
  • Happy Gilmore

Votes: 37 22.0%
  • Didn't care for either one

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
As much as I absolutely feel caddy shack is better, I have to admit that Shooter McGavin is arguably my favorite movie character of all time. Top 5 bad guy of all time.

Last edited:
I don't know if Caddyshack was just before my time or what it was, but I never really connected with that movie.

Give me Happy Gilmore any day of the week over it.

I need for you to get off of my lawn.

It's obviously a generational thing. Happy Gilmore has it's funny moments, but it also has the same, lame Adam Sandler "humor."

I need for you to get off of my lawn.

It's obviously a generational thing. Happy Gilmore has it's funny moments, but it also has the same, lame Adam Sandler "humor."

completely agree

I don't know if Caddyshack was just before my time or what it was, but I never really connected with that movie.

Give me Happy Gilmore any day of the week over it.

My thoughts as well, but I've seen HG so many times that if my wife falls asleep too early I'll grab a rum & coke and see Caddyshack tonight!

I love them both, but Caddyshack gets the nod...HG is great but CS has bewbies.

This thread actually put me in a Caddyshack mood last night and so I watched it again last night. That movie never gets old. I love the old couple playing.

Not really a close contest for me... Caddyshack all the way

I love Caddyshack, great movie!

I'm not a huge fan of Adam Sandler's movies, but I do like Happy Gilmore. Caddyshack is ok I guess, but I never thought of it as the ultimate golf movie that everybody seems to think it is.

This not even contest. Caddyshack is classic, with amazing cast.

My parting words "Wang don't tell them you are Jewish"

"I've sentenced boys younger than you[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] to the gas chamber. Didn't want to do it. I felt I owed it to them. " - Judge Smails[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My family has a holiday tradition where we watch Caddyshack on Thanksgiving Eve very year. Everyone knows the lines yet we laugh as if it's the first time watching the movie.
We also play every Thanksgiving Day with our wives delivering lunch and recharging our beverage supply at the turn! 26 years in a row.
Best wives ever.
[/FONT]

Caddyshack hands down for me. Bill and Rodney were great choices!

Caddyshack by a mile. As much as I do like Happy Gilmore, just liked Caddyshack that much better with Bill, Chevy and of course Rodney, all time classic.

Both very entertaining movies but I would go Caddyshack all day, every day.

As much as I absolutely feel caddy shack is better, I have to admit that Shooter McGavin is arguably my favorite movie character of all time. Top 5 bad guy of all time.

+1! I love Shooter. I regularly follow his "fake" twitter account.

I am a Caddyshack guy… it comes down to this...

Cindy Morgan (Lacey Underall) topless wins by the oh so slightest of margins over Julie Bowen (Virginia Venit) in Victoria's Secret gear carrying two pitchers of beer.

Both were extremely funny movies. It's hard for me to rate one against the but overall I thought Caddyshack was the victor here. Just tap it in or Na Na Na Na? Both tend to work good for my short game.

I can't vote because I've never seen Happy Gilmore.

Caddyshack is the best.

Back