ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
It’s hard to believe that it has been 19 months since Callaway introduced their latest range of Apex ’21 irons. The entire Apex range continues to be a huge success for Callaway, but if you aren’t familiar with this line, feel free to check out our preview article by clicking here

Callaway-Apex-Black-Irons-1.jpeg

Apex is the best of the best for Callaway Golf. With every release, these forged irons continue to get some of the brand’s top pieces of technology. As you probably figured out before reading this article, the new Apex Black irons are Callaway’s best irons in a Black Plasma PVD finish. Black finishes are one of those golf trends that...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well hello sexy! These look so good and it is hard to resist a dark iron. I’m sending this article to my wife…I mean it is my birthday and all. ?

They look awesome. Kinda surprised by this release… well the timing mostly.

Neato. Hopefully you guys get some in hand. I want to see some more pictures.

They look awesome. Kinda surprised by this release… well the timing mostly.
Agree. This cycle is seemingly over for Callaway if recent history holds, new Apexes should be coming in January.

Well damn, those are sexy

Interesting release here. But cool nonetheless.

Agree. This cycle is seemingly over for Callaway if recent history holds, new Apexes should be coming in January.
Its fairly typical for Apex and a few others to get a finish update. While in a perfect world I would love all finishes released at the same time, this has been the norm for a few cycles now. I believe P790 released Black just a few months before an update.

I‘m not going to concern myself with their timing on such a sleek looking set of irons!

They look great.

I played with @AnthonyC last weekend and he had the blacked out T100s with black shafts and they looked amazing. I would expect the same from these.

These look beautiful!

Wow those look awesome! How does a plasma PVD finish differ from the traditional PVD finish....or does it?

Wow those look awesome! How does a plasma PVD finish differ from the traditional PVD finish....or does it?
Different application than traditional going off memory. Rather than using a film, powder is introduced to a flame to coat.

They’ve extended the lifecycle of Apex before, I suspect they might be doing the same this time. They’re adamant that the Apex name is one they don’t put out a new club just because it’s time, it has to be better.

Why hello. Black finish to come to the rest of the line? :unsure:

Different application than traditional going off memory. Rather than using a film, powder is introduced to a flame to coat.
So does that make the finish last longer?

So does that make the finish last longer?
I genuinely don't know the answer to that. Personally I don't think any dark finishes that are applied last all that long, although some better than others. There are things such as DBM (which isn't a finish really) that last and last, but they do alter the feel and some do not care for that.

Oh my goodness!

Pretty slick. Kind of look glossier of a finish than I initially expected.

Well hello gorgeous. Those look sharp.

Oh man. I love a black iron head.
Will be interested to see how they wear as others have mentioned

Throw in the black Jaws wedges and you got yourself a schweeeet looking bag.

Back