Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons Review Thread

After a phone call from my parents today, and mention of a mysterious inheritance coming my way, a set of these may just be in my future come springtime.

To think I could finally use my Apex head covers on proper Apex irons lol.
Hopefully the inheritance is not Uncle Elmer's stuffed chipmunk collection.

Hopefully the inheritance is not Uncle Elmer's stuffed chipmunk collection.

Nope. Already ended up with pink flamingo salt & pepper shakers lol.

Really looking forward to talking a good look at these once they are available here.

one more day in Chile then the red eye home tomorrow night. PGA SS is having a demo on Sat and I will be there.

Enjoying the feedback on these bad boys.

I am really hoping to go hit these this weekend at some point. From the pictures I have seen I imagine I will feel very comfortable with them. They seem to be similar in size to XR Pros and the OG Apexs, but sort of a fusion of the two.

If anyone wants to drool, check out Taranto's Instagram and check out the Apex he's building for himself! They are gonna be sick!

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

They are beauties.

Good lord I would kill for those black recoils for my Grandaddy set. That's such a stealthy look

one more day in Chile then the red eye home tomorrow night. PGA SS is having a demo on Sat and I will be there.
Orlando?

Good lord I would kill for those black recoils for my Grandaddy set. That's such a stealthy look
I ponder often shafts for these. And based on my round today, my Xrp know their days are numbered and are trying to behave.

Yes, I booked for a 1pm on Sat. Full hour and if you order then you will get them before the 30th. Per callaway. Special promotion and free shipping. It will either be the 110 recoil or aerotechs.

As much as I would like to try the F15 programs, I just don't think that will happen in the time I can wait.

I ponder often shafts for these. And based on my round today, my Xrp know their days are numbered and are trying to behave.

Knowing how the Recoil 95's worked well for me on the OG Apex and in my Z545's now, it's a no brainer unless the fitter sees benefits with something else.

And yes my Z545's have their days numbered also.

You have to call them to get on the list, only 5 spots open.

Anybody that has preordered, check order status? Still B/O? Or changed to being processed?

So a funny thing happened on the way home, Golfsmith got in my way and all of a sudden I found myself thing these.

I won't go into numbers, but holy moly the feeling on these is crazy. I was seeing decent yardage increase over my current irons, but that's not what I wanted to take away. I wanted to get and idea of set up at address and how they felt. I CANNOT WAIT to get fitted for these.

You've excited me more Mike.

Question.... Can somebody tell me what the cup face is supposed to help with?

Question.... Can somebody tell me what the cup face is supposed to help with?
Ball speed retention across the face, just as it does with metalwoods and hybrids. It works too, testing has shown it again and again.

Here's an explanation from the XR iron review I did:

The principle of the Cup-360 is that it allows the face to further act like a spring on misses, particularly lower on the face, but also in all other impact positions. This should mean higher ball speeds on all impacts, with particularly higher retention on the misses – and more ball speed means more distance.

Ya so Saturday it will happen. I am going to hit these at Golfsmith, probably a lot

You've excited me more Mike.

Honestly I didn't know what to expect bc while I loved the forgiveness the XR' provided with the cup face, the feel was meh for me, but the feel with these is right up there with the previous line. I'm truly excited

Ya so Saturday it will happen. I am going to hit these at Golfsmith, probably a lot

I spent a good 30-40 minutes hitting these at Golfsmith last week. I will definitely be back for more. Next time with my current iron (Apex) for a direct comparison on the launch monitor.

For those that go and hit these, I was told the sound is better than the original. Let me know if you agree or can even notice the difference. Thanks.

I want to give these a swing so bad. Just want to get some thoughts in my head if these cam even work with my game before December. Everything I have heard about these excite me

For those that go and hit these, I was told the sound is better than the original. Let me know if you agree or can even notice the difference. Thanks.
I think the sound is better. A little more less clicky if you will. But this will definitely be debatable as it will be opinion

those who have hit them...consensus on forgiveness? Between OG Apex and XR Pro or more forgiving than both? Might be too early to tell but just curious.

Back