Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons Review Thread

OK, so these things are no joke, not only were they about 1 club longer than my 825s, but they feel fantastic, Neb's had the KBS in them, and they performed amazing. Not only do they feel great on good shots, but they are so forgiving on bad ones, even with a bad swing your bad shots end up working out.

The 6 iron was easy to hit, I could see using a 5, and probably a 4.

These are about as point and shoot as you can get.

Alright so let me expand a bit on what I saw today compared to yesterday. First off my swing was much much better today.
I went to the course today not expecting much honestly but knew I needed to give it a fair shake today. I ended up pleasantly surprised and very happy. I had no issues with balls dropping out of the sky or any super short short iron shots. My proximity to the hole was much closer all around today.

I will say I mishit a few balls that I thought were gone that ended up just off the fairway or just off the edge of the green. This alone is the reason they will be staying in the bag. I love my J15's but hit certain shots with them and you are done.

I may experiment with a few different shafts in the apex just to see a few things but all in all I am very happy after today. The long irons are continuing to be the best I have ever played and I think the short irons will prove to be just as good over time.

I am chalk yesterday up to swing issues plus the fact it was 45 degrees with 20 mph winds did not help the situation and just caused me to overthink many shots which didnt help. Sometimes we are our own worst enemy.

I cant wait to continue hitting these and see how things shake out

Found a groove with these today and just simply silly how good they are. Hit several on bottom groove again and as has been stated the results from that contact are amazing.

the feel is pretty good and even though I hit some thin there was no real feedback in the hands that the shot was thin. The height and launch I see with these are right where I like and haven't seen with irons since my i20s. Really loving these irons

these might be getting a shot at the course on Weds. Can't wait to take them out again.

I've been itching to get out since I've gotten back. Weather looks like it will hold up for me to hit the range Wednesday afternoon and get some swings in.

these might be getting a shot at the course on Weds. Can't wait to take them out again.
Mine are going out Wed, Thur, Sun this week. And more next week. Really, really liking them a lot. Dialing in.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Had my fitting today, good results is an understatement.

My current irons:
755.jpg

Average for all shafts tested:
All.jpg

What I ended up with in detail:
XP95.jpg

So almost 30 yards that my current clubs.

Mine are going out Wed, Thur, Sun this week. And more next week. Really, really liking them a lot. Dialing in.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

nice! I might try to sneak in a round Thursday too if possible.

Had my fitting today, good results is an understatement.

My current irons:
755.jpg

Average for all shafts tested:
All.jpg

What I ended up with in detail:
XP95.jpg

So almost 30 yards that my current clubs.

pretty impressive right there, and would probably be somewhat expected over the 755. What did you think of the looks when hitting them side by side?

UPS man just showed up at office, looks like I am leaving work early to hit the range with CF 16's :)

Hit these today at golfsmith. God are they long. Height and dispersion were really good too, but they were crazy low spinning for me. Was only getting about 4500 spin in these with a 7 iron. Would have to imagine I'd have a hard time holding greens with these. If I were to switch to these would need to add a bit of loft I think to get the spin up, which would be fine since they are silly long. Very solid offering.

nice! I might try to sneak in a round Thursday too if possible.

pretty impressive right there, and would probably be somewhat expected over the 755. What did you think of the looks when hitting them side by side?

Didn't look much bigger to me at all. Top line is a bit bigger but not bad. I'm very picky about a club fitting my eye and these fit the bill.

7fe211be7eba46334f7d741a7d570aa0.jpg

First range session and the foregivness is crazy good. They are long and with recoils have a great flight.
Hopefull I can get them on the course soon

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

nice looking bag

7fe211be7eba46334f7d741a7d570aa0.jpg

First range session and the foregivness is crazy good. They are long and with recoils have a great flight.
Hopefull I can get them on the course soon

The 45's have been kicked to the curb?

Hit these today at golfsmith. God are they long. Height and dispersion were really good too, but they were crazy low spinning for me. Was only getting about 4500 spin in these with a 7 iron. Would have to imagine I'd have a hard time holding greens with these. If I were to switch to these would need to add a bit of loft I think to get the spin up, which would be fine since they are silly long. Very solid offering.

i saw the low spin when i tested them too. my gamer 7i was spinning at 4,756 and the cf16 7i was spinning 4,321. i'm a low spin guy anyway, but fwiw i have no trouble holding greens, usually pitch marks are within at most 10' but usually more like 2-3'. the cf16 were launching a full degree higher and carrying 5y longer, so i wouldn't think there would be any stopping issues.

i saw the low spin when i tested them too. my gamer 7i was spinning at 4,756 and the cf16 7i was spinning 4,321. i'm a low spin guy anyway, but fwiw i have no trouble holding greens, usually pitch marks are within at most 10' but usually more like 2-3'. the cf16 were launching a full degree higher and carrying 5y longer, so i wouldn't think there would be any stopping issues.
I too, will second this. I saw low spin numbers and big roll out on all sims I hit these on. Have had them on the course for 6/7 rounds now and have had no issues stopping the ball. Roll out in real life not an issue at all even with the 5 and 6 irons.

Forgiveness, looks, distsnce, total package?
Still early but foregivness was excellent. Was hitting 7 iron at a 165 flag and my toe miss only landed about 5 yards short of it.
They are a little bulky looking coming from my srixons but I am to the point I don't care about that anymore.
The satin finish looks great on these

These are legit. They truly truly truly are. The more that hit them, the more that will be impressed.

These are legit. They truly truly truly are. The more that hit them, the more that will be impressed.
Any trade interests :)

The positive feedback is undeniable thats for sure

Any trade interests :)

The positive feedback is undeniable thats for sure
GLWS

These really seem like a club that can help a golfer take full advantage of their ability. That's the best way I can put it.

Got out for my first round since the Grandaddy and these irons are incredible. So long and very forgiving. Have gained 10-15 yards on each iron. Didn't have my best swing today but these still performed well for me

Actually went and checked these out tonight. Extremely nice looking irons. I will be going back to hit these next week after getting the stitches out of my hand, and Christmas is done.
I saw that they hand a demo with a recoil in it. Definitely want to get some swings in with that setup.

Back