Callaway Apex Pro Series Irons

My distances with the Apex Pro’s seem to be increasing which is a compliment to my swing work I’ve been doing, but also the clubs themselves. I am really armored by the 5i at the moment, a club I’ve always struggled hitting well. The sound off the face is clickier than the rest of the set, but provides me good feedback on miss hits. When struck well it is a rocket launcher!!!!
The long irons are so good. Not much better than a well struck long iron that rockets towards it target.

The long irons are so good. Not much better than a well struck long iron that rockets towards it target.
Could be the inclusion of that Paradym face!!!

Could be the inclusion of that Paradym face!!!
I do think there is something to it's construction. But to have it in the visual package that is the Pro...wow!

Not being able to hit these recently has been a little saddening. My schedule is going to open up soon, so I can't wait to get the Pro/CB combo on the course.

I need warmer weather to get the new pros on the course again. Soggy / windy conditions don't help much.

I am figuring things out, I think.

I will admit, I have been struggling with the irons, actually, all irons for a bit. Bad habits and other things have been the name of the game. But, I have also this season made the mental decision that I need to stop trying to hit the ball so effing far with my irons. I don't need 165 yard 9i's, but in the process of that as well as finding a shaft I don't have to work so hard with in the iron swing, I developed a pretty hefty power leak. I didn't want to change the shafts, as the Dart 105 F5's just feel freaking marvelous, but I was losing distance and having some not great spin numbers.

Well, today after my round I thought, eff it, lets take them strong 2 degrees and see what happens. So, I did that with the 9i as a test, and I think its pretty promising.

First shot after the change:
Screenshot (270).png

Last shot of the set:
Screenshot (272).png

Session Set:
Screenshot (271).png

That is, in my books, a pretty damn good 40 degree 9i. 100+ foot peak heights make me happy, and the spin makes me happier.

Looking at some data. How good is the Pro 4i off the tee? Compared to my 2i utility, I'm hitting twice the amount of fairways :oops:, while only being 1 yard shorter on average. My longest is with the 2i is 20 yards longer...but that was 2 years ago. Over the past 2 years the 2i's longest is only 5 yards longer.

I love that I can flight the Pro 4i down off the tee, get amazing distance, and hit the fairway when I need to. To get that out of the stock 4i just open another spot in my bag.

SIX...... 6 the number of days it took from ordering my new setup to getting them in hand in home! WOW CALLAWAY. So impressive.

SIX...... 6 the number of days it took from ordering my new setup to getting them in hand in home! WOW CALLAWAY. So impressive.
Happy Daniel Bryan GIF by WWE

Can't wait to hear more updates from you!

The flow between the Apex Pro 8 iron and the Apex CB is a little obvious on the top line at address. It’s not something to turn me away and the offset difference isn’t substantial.

The largest noticeable difference is the FONT on the sole of the club and the height of the blade transitioning from the hosel. The hollow cavity has less texture than the lines on the CB.

The swing weighting with the Dart 105 F5 is really nice. IMG_5226.jpegIMG_5228.jpegIMG_5227.jpeg

These Apex when comparing to some of my most recent sets I have played(Edel SMS pros, Miura TC201s). I like the looks of the CB/MBs about the same if not more than-the SMS pro irons and I definitely like them more than the TC201s I had. I like the shape of the iron.. they are small but not intimidating which for me builds confidence. When I look over a chunkier iron I tend to not have a lot of confidence in the club. The back of the irons are soft enough that they tend ding easily but it gives the irons character.

I think the only thing I would like more in the looks category would be maybe a different colorway, black or blue.. but that is just my preference. I definitely prefer a satin finish over chrome, Callaway did a great job on the CBs and MBs!

I ended up in a shaft I was comfortable with in the DGTT Tour X100 I didn’t play around at the fitting with the iron shafts at all. I am in the process of ordering some UsT dart V to try out and see if I will like them. I have been wanting to switch to graphite but have not been able to go try any out.

On to the feel and sound of these… I love that these are not clicky at all. They are solid and I would say they feel “softer” than the Miura’s I had and I like that a lot.
Surprisingly enough these are not as harsh on the thing shots as irons I’ve owned in the past and currently that is my miss on these irons is hitting a shot thin!

More to come later tonight on these… have to count inventory at work….🤦🏻‍♂️

Oh the CB’s, they’ve come back to life now and I’m so freaking happy about it. Bending them two strong has unlocked a lot for me, still hitting even the 5i in that 32-33 yard peak range which makes me giddy.

The Dart 105 F5 and swing weighted heavy (D5) where I want them just brings a lot of comfort to me. It’s now on a swing, and letting the clubs work. That, excites me. They weren’t in the bag this morning for my 12 holes I played, but that was because I forgot them. Back home and on ST+, they’re en fuego. Hoping to get back out with them Monday.

However, I DID still have the 23.0 Utility in the bag.

Dude.

I have an eye witness in @Pops that this is a club I need to probably hit more off the tee. Flighted a couple down into the wind, and let a couple ride with the wind. Just dead useful and HOT. For me, the UT is better than the Pro iron in the same loft.

However, I DID still have the 23.0 Utility in the bag.

Dude.

I have an eye witness in @Pops that this is a club I need to probably hit more off the tee. Flighted a couple down into the wind, and let a couple ride with the wind. Just dead useful and HOT. For me, the UT is better than the Pro iron in the same loft.
In today’s wind it was very useful. Maybe it’s the club to use on 18 also.

Continued…
The ball flight I am seeing on these is a mid-higher flight with a slight draw… it isn’t my ideal ball flight because I like to play a fade but it’s a playable draw throughout the bag currently until I go get some good range sessions in!
The height in the ball is about right where i like it and my spin is also right where i like.

Currently my miss is low on the face thin shot that really doesn’t hurt me typically because it still flies about the same distance. My old miss was catching too much turf and getting chunky.. so it was a relief when that hasn’t happened yet and my miss is not losing 90%of the distance I need to hit the ball. I put the reason to this happening is the pre-worn leading edge! The turf interaction is so good!

As of now my distances with these are about 5 yards shorter than my normal.

First swings with the Pros about to happen and will play in the morning as a dew sweeper. I've spent all day cutting trees with a 12lbs axe so we will see how bad this hurts

The Pro 6i is significantly easier to launch and keep on line than the CB. Not sure if it’s the change of shaft but the UST Dart 105 F5 feels phenomenal in hand. This setup should lower my scores.

Based of the distances I am seeing in the high 40s I am thinking these are a little longer than the 21 pros. Anyone else seeing similar?

The flight is just better for me right now. Higher, better descent, more spin and more stable.

Based of the distances I am seeing in the high 40s I am thinking these are a little longer than the 21 pros. Anyone else seeing similar?

The flight is just better for me right now. Higher, better descent, more spin and more stable.
The numbers I seen on the Apex pro early last year seemed a little shorter but I can't say for certain.

I won’t really be able to say until it warms up. It is barely 50 and I’m seeing peak distances now. Feels like the ball is just in the air longer with the higher flight.

REEEEEAAAALLLY excited to get these back on the course now setup 2 strong. The windows I’m hitting on the sim in the data I posted earlier as well as some work last night just checks the boxes I’ve wanted to see, while keeping a feel/weight setup that I hoped would work.

I will also say again, this utility release isn’t getting enough talk.

I was ready to move on from mine until yesterday when I remembered how easy it is for me to hit from tee and turf. And it’s freaking HOT.

I wish I had more to add. The Pros are settling nicely. It's one of the easiest 4is I've had. The indoor distances I don't trust, but no odd fliers. I am really happy with the MMT 105s though

I will also say again, this utility release isn’t getting enough talk.

I was ready to move on from mine until yesterday when I remembered how easy it is for me to hit from tee and turf. And it’s freaking HOT.
I completely forgot that the utility was offered here. I can't justify it taking the spot of the Pro 4i, but it's nice to know options are out there.

Back