Callaway Big Bertha V Series Heavenwood - Technology Q&A

Just picked one up with Fuji pro 73s installed. Plays to 42". Little too light for me so might need to add some lead tape to th bottom to get it to my comfort level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just picked one up with Fuji pro 73s installed. Plays to 42". Little too light for me so might need to add some lead tape to th bottom to get it to my comfort level.

Enjoy!
Hope you get the weighting you prefer with the Tape!

Enjoy!
Hope you get the weighting you prefer with the Tape!

Thanks. I've used it twice now both times the first swing was a pull hook and the second swing was on line at target. So far I'm happy with this club just need some little tinkering to dial it in.

So, just got a Heavenwood and a tour edge exotics CB pro 4 wood. Just realized the Heavenwood is half inch longer than my 4 wood!

So, just got a Heavenwood and a tour edge exotics CB pro 4 wood. Just realized the Heavenwood is half inch longer than my 4 wood!

By design. Check out the interview linked in the first post.

Yeah I know. I just don't know if the OCD in me can handle a 4 wood being shorter than a "7" wood:beat-up:

By design. Check out the interview linked in the first post.

Mine came in yesterday, finally found a deal good enough to pick one up. I have been hankering for one ever since I hit JB's in May.

Yeah I know. I just don't know if the OCD in me can handle a 4 wood being shorter than a "7" wood:beat-up:

But the Heavenwood is not a 7 wood.

I have one in stiff that I like a lot. Really want to try it in regular tho because I think it could be a real weapon. This is such a great club for me because of the versatility it provides and my amazing ability to hook every hybrid ever made.

Don't let OCD get in the way of showing me thing that works! The Heavenwood and the entire V-Series are fantastic clubs and have been a revelation for a lot of people in here! Accept the uniqueness and let it bomb the ball high and straight for ya.

Got a brand new one off the bay for $75! I've only hit it at the range but it felt pretty dang sweet.

Got a brand new one off the bay for $75! I've only hit it at the range but it felt pretty dang sweet.

It will become your favorite club in the bag, trust me.

Really considering one of these - where does it tend to fit in the bag? I carry a driver, 4 wood, 3 and 4 hybrids.

Which club would it likely displace?

Really considering one of these - where does it tend to fit in the bag? I carry a driver, 4 wood, 3 and 4 hybrids.

I replaces the 3 hybrid for me. It is 20.5* loft, but a bit longer than a 3 hybrid for me. It is my 215-225 club.

I carry Driver, 4 wood, Heavenwood, 25* hybrid.

Does it cut through the rough well?

when I had the HW I really never had a need for an additional FW in my bag. I'm a short knocker and hit my driver around 215-235 on avg. the HW for me was a solid 195-205 yd club. My next longest club was a 20* hybrid at 39.25" that went about 180 off the deck and a little longer off a tee.

I'm also 5'4" and the 43 1/8" (on my scale) length of the HW was too much for me to hit consistently. I'm know back to a 42.25" 19* wood and hitting it more consistently around 190-200.

With the bassara it was a launch monster and a thing of beauty when hit well. As the Skee Lo song goes......I wish I was a little bit taller.... So I could have handled the shaft length.

Takes the place of a 3 Hybrid for me. I hit mine anywhere between 190-205 depending on where I place my hands. Easily my favorite club in the bag as I hit it very well most of the time. Like it so much I bought a back-up for my back-up bag!

Extremely well. I find it really versatile. It launches the ball high and straight.

I gamed the Driver, HW, 5 hybrid for quite some time. My home course has a couple holes that have dog legs around the 230 range, so my 4 wood is needed off of the tee on a few holes.

This forum is just enabling my habit - ordering today. Thanks all!

This forum is just enabling my habit - ordering today. Thanks all!

My man! I guarantee you freaking love it. It honestly is my favorite club ever.

My man! I guarantee you freaking love it. It honestly is my favorite club ever.

Very high praise so maybe rush shipping is in order.

I really struggled with this club when I first got it...hooked it off the planet!!

Spent a little time with it and realized it just really likes a nice smooth tempo....once I got that figured out its a HIGH launch soft landing 215 yard club.....wish I had more chances to use it!

I'm more willing to hit the HW out of the rough than I have any other fairway. It's extremely versatile.

I just pulled the trigger on a ex-demo Heavenwood over the weekend, with 40% off and I got a wee bit extra discount from a small local golf store. It's in perfect condition. Got it home cleaned it and it's shiny new.
I will have to spend a good bit of range time to dial it in with regard to yardage and work out the gaps between clubs.
It seems to replace most 3 Hybrid in peoples bags.

Back