Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Ball Review Thread

Will be playing these exclusively today, FINALLY.

I was very impressed by these. Incredibly straight and far drives off my usual swing. Great feel off the fairway. I'll try more for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know you were a fan of the 330rx - will be interesting how you think these compare

I'm betting they're similar for me, just a guess though.

But the price, the price gives these an automatic edge, I won't lie there.

Still a fan of this ball. Can't get the idea out of my head that the ball had something to do with the 77 I put up in cold, damp conditions back in December.

Played 18 with this ball again today and really like it. Another day in some heavy winds and still drove this ball great. Around the greens though is truly where this ball shines, I mentioned this in another thread and that's I've never had to clean a ball more than this one. It grabs the green and checks up amazingly, even more than the Supersoft.

How does the Chrome Soft compare to the Wilson FG tour?

Having played the 330RX last year I am going to be very interested in what you have to say James

I'm sure it's been answered already in the thread but how do they compare to the SuperSofts of last year? I loved them and their price point, is this just a premium version of that?

I'm sure it's been answered already in the thread but how do they compare to the SuperSofts of last year? I loved them and their price point, is this just a premium version of that?
I love the SS but I have to say the distance is definitely better with the CS and it does bite on the green better. I'm certainly not gonna knock the SS cause I think for the money you won't find a better ball but the CS does outperform it.

How does the Chrome Soft compare to the Wilson FG tour?
Similar, CS is a little softer and straighter and more durable. I found the FG to play very similarly to the proV1. I enjoyed the FG and its a very good ball but the CS was everything I wanted in a golf ball.

Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Ball Review Thread

One thing of note with these that has me perplexed: I'm a few yards longer off the irons with these, but they aren't as long as my TM TPx off the driver... I'll wait for a final verdict later this Spring, when fairways are back to normal, but I sure wish I wasn't seeing this difference right now.

I have been a pretty big fan of the B330RXS. So far the Chrome Soft is holding up pretty darn well against it. I haven't tried the B330RX very much though. Have you tried the B330RXS and if so, how did it compare to the RX for you, for distance and for around the greens? So far, in trying out the Chrome Soft, it seems to be an excellent ball but it may not be quite as durable as the RX and RXS, but am not totally sure yet.

These are fun. So fun.

I'm seeing pretty much what I see with my RX Side by side today, but I hit these longer off the mid irons. Honestly, there isn't the separation I anticipated.

These are fun. So fun.

I'm seeing pretty much what I see with my RX Side by side today, but I hit these longer off the mid irons. Honestly, there isn't the separation I anticipated.

How were they around the greens for you? About the same as the RX?

How were they around the greens for you? About the same as the RX?
Yeah, I hit a lot of pitches from places with both balls after each other and saw a lot of the same action.

I really want to try them like that on a day above 60 degrees though to be honest.

I played one of these balls today for the first time.

I didn't play my greatest but still think the ball felt great. I really liked the sound off all the clubs and did notice a slight distance increase on my well struck shots. I tried the B330-RX for the first time last week and was very impressed.
I don't know whether it was me but I did notice the RX was a bit straighter and checked up on the greens slightly better but saying that ive got no issues with playing these balls again. These CS are very durable but I did hit a few trees today and left a yellow mark on it, but it didn't scuff up the cover.

I had been hoarding a sleeve of these, hesitant to play them in less than ideal wintry conditions. It's hard to assess a balls performance in such conditions. Today was a nice sunny day in N. Georgia and the club set up 18 of our 27 holes as all par 3's for a little fun tournament. I broke out the Chrome Soft for my first round with it and was really, really impressed. Of course, we were hitting all irons today, so, I couldn't judge much for driving distance. Off the irons, the CS was at least as long as my normal mid-season gamer, the B330-S. Ball flight was very, very straight, and the "feel" off the irons was great. I know feel is very subjective, but, I have to say it pleased me. I normally like to "test" any new ball head to head against my gamer or a competitive ball of the same class. In a tournament, even a "fun" one like today, that was not possible, but, I plan to very soon. Suffice to say that the ball suited my game enough that I bought a dozen when I got back to the club house.

I bought a box of CSs yesterday to play today. My current gamer ball is Srixon Trispeed Tour that I got off Lostgolfballs.com for $9.00 a dozen...for AAAAA balls. I switched balls every hole. I like the feel of the CS off all the clubs...driver, irons, and wedges. It was only about 50 degrees today, but I didn't really notice any distance gains with driver or irons. Spin around the greens was a little better than the Srixons....but I did chip in once with the Srixons.

I think the CSs are a great ball, but I don't think I have the game to justify $37 a box :act-up:

I grabbed a box of these to try out and I'm pretty stoked after reading through this thread.

Hit the cs during a simulator round yesterday. 2nd simulator round with the same ball. Showing some slight wear but nothing crazy. This ball feels amazing off wedges and irons and very hot off the driver.....

Tap tap taparoo

These are getting played today. Have a couple of areas I'm paying attention to & will share thoughts.

Gamed one of these this morning and was overall impressed. They feel great off the tee and they are truly bombers. Short game wise they are better than a distance ball but I don't feel they as much a tour level ball but that's just my opinion..... My only complaint is off the irons. They just feel mushy to me and had quite a few shots come up short where I felt I hit them decently. Just feels like a marshmallow off the face

I played these today for the 1st time and was most impressed with the feel off the putter, now I did not putt well today but that was me with miss reads and not finishing the stroke. The ball rolled real nice and my distance control was very good.

After playing last years ProV1 for the last month or so these felt so soft, Off the Driver I was getting a lot of spin (see slice) but again more me than the ball.

I really did not notice the mushy feel off the irons flog2424 saw and felt the distance was ok for the swing put on it. I am excited to compare this ball against the Srixons coming from THP.

Played a chrome soft for the majority of my round today. Solid ball no doubt about it! Survived a cart path bounce with only a little scuff.

Back