Callaway Epic Flash and Epic Flash Sub Zero Driver

Not the evenflow. I meant Epic flash when I wrote EF. Currently I’m using a GP6 shaft over my custom since I was having trouble trying to turn the ball over with my custom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got ya

I should have some data for the flash / attas combo on Friday - looking. Forward to getting some numbers. It’s an awesome combo and I’d recommend that shaft to anyone looking for a smooth performer.

If this storm passes, I'm looking forward to getting out this week with both the standard and SZ for some fun!

Looks like Phil suffered from the same issue I did with the EF. I'll be interested to see when he makes the switch (on account of sponsorship,) and the result after the Masters.

Ponder is over. Order has been placed. Epic Flash is on its way to Chicopee. Really excited

Looks like Phil suffered from the same issue I did with the EF. I'll be interested to see when he makes the switch (on account of sponsorship,) and the result after the Masters.

He doesnt have to make a switch at all.
Im sure Callaway wants all of their players in new clubs, like every company does.

Ponder is over. Order has been placed. Epic Flash is on its way to Chicopee. Really excited

I like when Christian starts ordering things. Just wish he was right handed. Although when he's not looking, I'll still take a swing with his clubs haha
What combo did you go with?

I like when Christian starts ordering things. Just wish he was right handed. Although when he's not looking, I'll still take a swing with his clubs haha
What combo did you go with?

It makes my day watching you hit my left handed clubs ha ha. I went standard EF with stock shaft and I have a few other shafts that I have gotten along with that I can test

It makes my day watching you hit my left handed clubs ha ha. I went standard EF with stock shaft and I have a few other shafts that I have gotten along with that I can test

nice! I expect to see you firing on all cylinders next month.

Played first 5 holes with ball above the crown and of course got plenty of height but carry suffered trying to pivot to strike on the upstroke.

Then when I switched to half ball equal with crown launch conditions improved and left to right flight lessened.

Finally played last 9 holes with ball 3/4 under top of crown and I appear to have found my comfort level. Carry and total distance decreased but control and dispersion increased. Flight improved as well with a more piercing flight out of all three set ups. Think I’ll be trying it more next time out.

@OITW I can’t really comment on sound as my driver is already dampened by Hm

My last round I was teeing the ball up lower than normal for me and saw really positive results. I was equating teeing it up higher with making it easier to hit up on the ball, but now I'm convinced I can still try to hit up on the ball (probably not successfully LOL) with it teed lower.

My last round I was teeing the ball up lower than normal for me and saw really positive results. I was equating teeing it up higher with making it easier to hit up on the ball, but now I'm convinced I can still try to hit up on the ball (probably not successfully LOL) with it teed lower.

I think some tend to overthink hitting "up" on the ball. With the loft of the driver you are or should be hitting up on the ball already, teeing higher just increases that amount of "up". I tee lower than most and don't have any issues hitting the ball high and getting carry. You just have to find that good height for your swing.

I think some tend to overthink hitting "up" on the ball. With the loft of the driver you are or should be hitting up on the ball already, teeing higher just increases that amount of "up". I tee lower than most and don't have any issues hitting the ball high and getting carry. You just have to find that good height for your swing.

I probably am overthinking it but I was told my AoA was like 3* down during my Grandaddy fitting. I can get decent height and carry regardless, but I want to get that to a positive AoA and see what benefits I can get from doing so.

I probably am overthinking it but I was told my AoA was like 3* down during my Grandaddy fitting. I can get decent height and carry regardless, but I want to get that to a positive AoA and see what benefits I can get from doing so.

Wonder what would happen by moving it forward an inch in your stance? Or have you tried playing with ball position?

Wonder what would happen by moving it forward an inch in your stance? Or have you tried playing with ball position?

I tend to have a negative AoA too, and for me, moving the ball forward and teeing it up a little higher hasn't worked. I think it subconsciously makes me feel like I have to lunge to get to it, so I end up sliding forward and coming in even steeper.

I tend to have a negative AoA too, and for me, moving the ball forward and teeing it up a little higher hasn't worked. I think it subconsciously makes me feel like I have to lunge to get to it, so I end up sliding forward and coming in even steeper.

from experience i can tell you working on tempo and pressure with grip/tension helped me with that sliding problem. I used to sway/slid alot before I stopped trying to kill the ball and focused on turning through impact. Not saying that's what you're doing but just saying I understand the urge.

Week 2 of Sim league w/Epic Flash SZ under the belt. It continues to impress. Swing was less than consistent. But, this club continues to perform on off center hits. Beat my max carry on this sim by another 10 yards, longest was 330 carry. My back decided that it didn't want to cooperate and hindered me a bit after that. But, avg carry was still above my normal numbers. I hit one so far off the heel that had no business going straight or going as far as it did.

On a side note, since my swing and contact was not on point, I did notice the club being louder than I remember it being when it was on fire last week. But, still not as ear piercing as the Titleist 915D3 or G30 drivers. Still not offensive. Just an audible cue that the center of the club face was missed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm sure this has been mentioned a bunch of times already, but how nice are those headcovers? Maybe some of if not the best in overall quality and presentation for 2019?

I'm sure this has been mentioned a bunch of times already, but how nice are those headcovers? Maybe some of if not the best in overall quality and presentation for 2019?

Just a complete overhaul and improvement over rogue headcovers

Just a complete overhaul and improvement over rogue headcovers

I think the original Epic headcover could be the absolute worst OEM headcover I've ever seen and held in hand. So plasticity and cheap feeling. I'll admit that I thought the Epic Flash cover was ugly in pictures. But, after seeing it in person and feeling it in hand, I'd have to say it's one of, if not the best, OEM headcovers I've seen. Although the newest Titleist covers may have the edge in the looks department.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

He doesnt have to make a switch at all.
Im sure Callaway wants all of their players in new clubs, like every company does.

Oh I know, but he suggested that he'd revisit the club after the Masters. I just want to see if his initial take away from it changes after having some time to really hone it.

@radiman enjoying your thoughts so far dude. I’m seeing similar carry to you minus 100 yards or so. Good stuff.

Had a range session today. I think range balls were really influencing the sound because it seemed louder today. Missed a few heelside, a few toe, and both misses imo performed really well. Very high on the face is where sound was more offensive and I thought distance suffered more.

I'm already at least at my front foot heel, or at least I think I am. But I like the idea of paying more attention to it and giving it a try. I don't spend much time at the range, so I should probably change that and figure this out. LOL

Hey @mward I miss you. And you need new tech.

172402aa295ac76777a963d60231a30d.jpg
Sweet and savage. Such a deadly combo.

I'm already at least at my front foot heel, or at least I think I am. But I like the idea of paying more attention to it and giving it a try. I don't spend much time at the range, so I should probably change that and figure this out. LOL

That is right about where I play my ball, even with heel on the left foot. My guess would be to move the ball one ball width forward and you should be neutral or maybe just starting to catch on the upstroke. Just a guess on may part. But really if it works for you then hey go with it.

We need to get together in Wichita and play sometime this year. I try to get down and play once a month at Auburn Hills or Hidden Lakes.

Back