Callaway Epic Speed and Epic Max Drivers and Fairway Woods

I'm on the hunt for an LS now as well to put against my Speed. There's a part of me that just thinks the LS will be a better fit for how I'm swinging now vs back when I did the fitting in March.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
Same thing happened to me as well. I like the look and the sound of the Speed much better but couldn't overlook the performance of the Max LS for my swing. I've gotten used to the sound at this point 4 rounds in with the LS. I think the only other head I'd want to try is the triple diamond LS but not paying what they're asking right now.

I looked at the site at 7:59 and called "My Guy" at CPO at 8:01
All of you all have "Guys" at CPO. Man, I guess I'm behind in life, lol.

The G400 max is regarded as one of the most forgiving drivers of all time. I have never played a Ping driver but hearing Max LS comparison

I suppose I was referring to the balance, feel of my overall setup. Performance wise, they certainly dont feel and sound the same, but the forgiveness, ease of use is possibly fairly close.
I will say though, the toe side forgiveness on the Max Ls is really interesting.
I’m mostly surprised by how high it launches, which is amazing for me. I’m getting these high launching, low spinning bomb looking drives. I need more time with my setups, but the Ventus black combo seems like the winner.
I’m so curious to get launch numbers off this driver. I’m guessing the spin is very low, yet I’m getting some awesome apex.

So annoyed with the stellar Speed day right now. And the sound. Doubly annoyed.

I mean. I could try to eliminate my miss it doesn't love, but that sounds like a lot of work. I don't wanna.. :LOL:.

So I put the Tour AD XC in the max LS with pretty good success. I’ve been driving a lot better since putting that combo in the bag. The best I’ve hit driving quite some time. Until …… I Got the opportunity to try the Speed 💎💎💎 .

The blue is the XC with the max LS. The green is the XC with the 💎💎💎. Heavy weight forward

F45FC99C-FC95-4FB2-AD88-C3425929AC82.jpeg

So annoyed with the stellar Speed day right now. And the sound. Doubly annoyed.

I mean. I could try to eliminate my miss it doesn't love, but that sounds like a lot of work. I don't wanna.. :LOL:.

I get so many comments on how good the Speed sounds. Callaway killed it with the Speed. Looks fantastic at address and has the best sound ever.

So I put the Tour AD XC in the max LS with pretty good success. I’ve been driving a lot better since putting that combo in the bag. The best I’ve hit driving quite some time. Until …… I Got the opportunity to try the Speed 💎💎💎 .

The blue is the XC with the max LS. The green is the XC with the 💎💎💎. Heavy weight forward

View attachment 9016920

Ugg….gonna make me want one…. Again…
Think I’m done with my TSi2, so it seems logical to have a backup handy…. Lol

Been pondering a Max LS a bunch lately... Need to move some things before I could even begin to justify it though.

Been pondering a Max LS a bunch lately... Need to move some things before I could even begin to justify it though.
According to your signature you are using the std. Mavrik? That is a great driver with awesome distance and incredible sound and feel at impact. The LS will be a little lower spin but will offer very similar results when hit on the button. Its when you get out of the sweet spot that the LS will show the most improvement. The high toe miss with the Mavrik was very penal and resulted in a big pull hook that was dead meat most times. The toe side miss with the LS results in a push up the right side with not a lot of hook spin. I have grown to like the sound but I did miss that sweet Mavrik sound for a few rounds.

According to your signature you are using the std. Mavrik? That is a great driver with awesome distance and incredible sound and feel at impact. The LS will be a little lower spin but will offer very similar results when hit on the button. Its when you get out of the sweet spot that the LS will show the most improvement. The high toe miss with the Mavrik was very penal and resulted in a big pull hook that was dead meat most times. The toe side miss with the LS results in a push up the right side with not a lot of hook spin. I have grown to like the sound but I did miss that sweet Mavrik sound for a few rounds.

Thanks for that. Yeah, I've tried to kick it out of the bag multiple times and it just refuses to give up it's position. I would like a little more forgiveness but the Max and I just didn't get along when I tried it, so thinking the LS would be a good middle ground. I do love the sound of forgiving toe misses. I'm spoiled with the impact sound on the Mavrik but willing to trade that for more fairways.

Epic max LS is the best driver I have ever owned. Part of it could be the shaft, but my misses are not nearly as bad as they used to be with my sim.

Found a max LS 10.5. How does the launch compare to a 9 degree speed head? Concerned the 10.5 might go too high for me and that I need a 9 in the LS as well.

Found a max LS 10.5. How does the launch compare to a 9 degree speed head? Concerned the 10.5 might go too high for me and that I need a 9 in the LS as well.

You could always turn in down 1-2 degrees, but that will open the face up.

You could always turn in down 1-2 degrees, but that will open the face up.
With my miss being a fade that does concern me some but I just might go for it and test the 10.5. I haven't played a driver that high of loft in years so I do have some worry about it being the right fit.

With my miss being a fade that does concern me some but I just might go for it and test the 10.5. I haven't played a driver that high of loft in years so I do have some worry about it being the right fit.

I can relate, I play a 9* myself. I do play it both ways at 9 and +1 at times.

Cally do have a 30 day performance type of guarantee. If that helps…

I have been fighting high block fades with the Max LS. I have been able to steer my drives into weak baby fades. Last week I I lowered the loft and slide the weight over to the most draw setting. I'm back to being able to swing how I want and I've picked up a lot of distance.

I do regret not getting the Epic Speed because it was the most similar to the Mavrik which was my favorite driver in years.

I have been fighting high block fades with the Max LS. I have been able to steer my drives into weak baby fades. Last week I I lowered the loft and slide the weight over to the most draw setting. I'm back to being able to swing how I want and I've picked up a lot of distance.

I do regret not getting the Epic Speed because it was the most similar to the Mavrik which was my favorite driver in years.

I have both Speed and Max LS - both 9 degree but the Speed is set at 8 (don't ask me - that was the fit). Hit two drives a few days ago, one with each on the same hole. They were within 2 yards of the other.

Oh, in the fairway and long for me :ROFLMAO:

You might check other aspects of the driver such as swingweight. Play around with the weighting more - lead tape.

I have both Speed and Max LS - both 9 degree but the Speed is set at 8 (don't ask me - that was the fit). Hit two drives a few days ago, one with each on the same hole. They were within 2 yards of the other.

Oh, in the fairway and long for me :ROFLMAO:

You might check other aspects of the driver such as swingweight. Play around with the weighting more - lead tape.
lead tape in the butt end? If I am having problems squaring the face, why would I make the club more head heavy? I'm not going to struggle to make a driver fit me. I'm going to play my best with what I have and try to figure out what in my swing is causing the issue. Then, if I am still not happy, I'll buy a new driver next year.

another rough day with the max. i feel i know much swing well enough to know when i’m in a decent position from the top, and there were a few times i felt good at the top but saw a bad result.

so i bought another driver today. a driver i loved when i tested it last year. i know that’s dumb.

having a lesson tomorrow and we’ll look at driver. it’s frustrating to have so many other parts of the game click, but basically start most holes out of position.

Epic Speed, 12/14 FIR today. Lot of confidence in the driver for me. Long drive today was 274, most only average 230-245 for me but that one was a perfect strike .

lead tape in the butt end? If I am having problems squaring the face, why would I make the club more head heavy? I'm not going to struggle to make a driver fit me. I'm going to play my best with what I have and try to figure out what in my swing is causing the issue. Then, if I am still not happy, I'll buy a new driver next year.

When I ws fit, we tested length, different swingweights, different shaft weights and kickpoint, lofts. A stock driver is rarely a perfect fit.

I ended up with a 9 degree Speed at 8 of loft, D4.5 at 45.5 inches and a 58g shaft.

Trouble squaring? Lead tape near the heal to help close. But if it feels heavy, don't do that. Sounds as if you've got it figured out.

another rough day with the max. i feel i know much swing well enough to know when i’m in a decent position from the top, and there were a few times i felt good at the top but saw a bad result.

so i bought another driver today. a driver i loved when i tested it last year. i know that’s dumb.

having a lesson tomorrow and we’ll look at driver. it’s frustrating to have so many other parts of the game click, but basically start most holes out of position.

I have 3 drivers and about to get a 4th.... ;)

I use the Speed, but pull the Max out for testing. The Ping G400 is on the sidelines. Heavy head and a heavier shaft than Speed.

I have 3 drivers and about to get a 4th.... ;)

I use the Speed, but pull the Max out for testing. The Ping G400 is on the sidelines. Heavy head and a heavier shaft than Speed.

i think the head could still work with the right shaft to help me time it. that’s my problem, is just timing. if i feel good at the top and give it a bit of gas, i’m just seeing this nasty high wipe. 18 i made my best swing of the day, 285 per gps, but it was high and right. just annoying to do what i intend to do and not see the desired result.

i think the head could still work with the right shaft to help me time it. that’s my problem, is just timing. if i feel good at the top and give it a bit of gas, i’m just seeing this nasty high wipe. 18 i made my best swing of the day, 285 per gps, but it was high and right. just annoying to do what i intend to do and not see the desired result.

The lesson will help. Drink wine tonight and look forward to the lesson.;)

Back