Callaway Live: The THP Showcase

@DNevsCG dropping some incredible knowledge bombs in the live stream now

Thank you!

I love listening to guys like @DNevsCG when they break it down and make it so easy to understand the tech. Great job and an amazing listen.

Wow, there was TON of information packed in that live stream. I am going to have to go back and re-watch, but wow that was great.

Another great stream, man those pros look good!

Fantastic start to the Callaway day! Well done to you guys in the tech studio! Thanks for jumping on @DNevsCG !

Am really interested to hear your thoughts on the Elevate shaft you were hitting today @Canadan. Seeing those numbers with the elevate surprised me as I think you also are a high flight kinda guy. It seemed you were not going that much higher and the spin was lower. Confused I am as the TourV has always been the first look for me and know they are very different profiles. Can you share your thoughts?

Great stuff from @DNevsCG and the THP crew. Great kick off to Callaway day!

Thanks. I learned so much today about the Callaway equipment.

Great stuff in that stream. It's really hard to take notes while driving. Thank God for repeat viewing! Will definitely need to watch that again, if only to see James' face about coming in off the floor cold. haha

That was Great!

Except I lost internet as he started to discuss the Hybrids:mad: Will listen when avaliable. Lots to ask my fitter next week.

i need to get a better understanding of all these things...great watch/listen

Hope you guys enjoyed that. DNevs dropping knowledge bombs! Also nothing like coming in cold after a @Canadan stripe show clinic 😂

Am really interested to hear your thoughts on the Elevate shaft you were hitting today @Canadan. Seeing those numbers with the elevate surprised me as I think you also are a high flight kinda guy. It seemed you were not going that much higher and the spin was lower. Confused I am as the TourV has always been the first look for me and know they are very different profiles. Can you share your thoughts?
I think ball selection is critical. Spin drops by using a ball that works for my game (and honestly my iron spin has gotten worlds better over the last couple years). Flight is substantial from a launch perspective and considering the shaft is called elevate I think it’s a nice compliment.

and I will say the same thing I did earlier in the week. I am absolutely blown away by how controlled all three elevate offerings were while swinging them. I was going HARD on the 95 today during the live stream and it did great.

I had to miss this live by listening to it on the road now. It's great to hear Dave answering questions again.

Its over now and this is more of a generalized question i suppose. But, why is there such a draw bias movement in drivers? Simply distance related? or something else....

Lucked out here at work and was able to watch it live.

Tons of information provided in a way that is easy to understand. Always a pleasure to watch/listen to the Callaway guys talk equipment.

Its over now and this is more of a generalized question i suppose. But, why is there such a draw bias movement in drivers? Simply distance related? or something else....

I’d say personally it’s because most people who try to swing harder tend to miss right more often. I know that’s what happens with me. The B-21 is a hit and since a draw flight generally provides more distance anyway it’s a no brainer with how the game is centered on gaining distance currently.

Also plenty of new people playing golf and the right miss is generally a “beginners” problem

Last edited:

There isn't?
Draw bias was discussed a relative measure from being neutral to more draw. Every club is going to be based on that as the heel side has a hosel and a shaft and both of those things have weight.

I just watched the live stream while on a zoom call for work. My head is spinning trying to figure out which conversations I retained from both lol. Rewatching the clearly more important Callaway stream now to pick up on what I missed.

Last edited:
Back