Callaway MAVRIK FW Woods and Hybrids

Hit quite a few shots with the 3W SZ and this club will move a ball then the wind. One thing today I did was try playing it back in my stance to keep the ball flight down

So, with all this info , and the experiences of being out for a season, which hybrid model ( max vs mav) did you choose and why? Which would you recommend for a mid capper?
thanks

Well looks like the 30% discount party is over, for now on CPO.
Let's see if to comes back now that they are "Chock Full" of clubs.....

Being a hybrid player, I have a 4, 5, & 6 Max hybrids, and a Mav 4w arriving tomorrow.

You will like the 4w
I am thinking I will. I would have liked to stay in the Max line but the Mavrik 4w loft (16.5*) is what I really wanted, and Max only offers a 3 and 5 fw. I usually keep my Driver and all adjustable fw's in neutral bias anyway, so I suspect the Mav 4w will fit right in. Can't wait to hit them!
My wood/metal lineup:
Max 10.5 driver
Mav 16.5 fw
Max 4, 5, & 6 hybrids
(will be looking for a Max 7hybrid to complete my set, though hard to find on CPO)

I am thinking I will. I would have liked to stay in the Max line but the Mavrik 4w loft (16.5*) is what I really wanted, and Max only offers a 3 and 5 fw. I usually keep my Driver and all adjustable fw's in neutral bias anyway, so I suspect the Mav 4w will fit right in. Can't wait to hit them!
My wood/metal lineup:
Max 10.5 driver
Mav 16.5 fw
Max 4, 5, & 6 hybrids
(will be looking for a Max 7hybrid to complete my set, though hard to find on CPO)
That’s a nice setup!!!

I received my 9 wood today from CPO...
Brand New - Never hit....

Very nice. Mavrik?
Mav Max....

Here is the best part- Bought Driver and 3 FW woods on BF sale.
Here is the best part set up some time at a fitter to get them "Evaluated" meaning, are they fit as they are or would a shaft upgrade get me better results.
At the price of the BF sale, might be worth a shaft tweak - If not, back they go for a 10% Ding.
Reward in this case might be better than the risk I took.

Mav Max....

Here is the best part- Bought Driver and 3 FW woods on BF sale.
Here is the best part set up some time at a fitter to get them "Evaluated" meaning, are they fit as they are or would a shaft upgrade get me better results.
At the price of the BF sale, might be worth a shaft tweak - If not, back they go for a 10% Ding.
Reward in this case might be better than the risk I took.
I’ve been trying to find an Epic Flash 6H but no luck so far. I have 4/5 now and love them.

Y'all weren't kidding about it being stupid easy to get the ball of the deck with these woods. Finally got out to a range to try my new Mav Max 5w and 7w. I wasn't hitting the 5w well, consistently, after the first couple swings, but the 7w worked very well for me. The 5w, when I swung it well: Likewise.

As I noted in another post: I think I'm in lousy condition at the moment, but, even with that I was able to hit that 7w, and get the ball off the deck, nearly effortlessly. I've never been able to hit woods so well and get the ball off the deck so consistently as I did today with these woods.

The Mavrik Max 7w (Helium Black 5 Reg shaft) arrived this week & yesterday I got a chance to use it (55 degrees, light winds, wet course, so not much roll). Decide to use it off the 1st tee: a 308 yard par 4 but tight - trouble on both sides. Hit a nice (for me) 180ish drive pretty straight. Already liking this! Usually 1st tee is a mental block for me & "playing smart" & hitting less than driver ends up not working - typically I'll hit a poor shot. And the 180-200 yard range was what I was hoping to fill with this club.

Next up: #5 Par 3 lasered at 180. Another nemesis hole - I rarely hit this green in regulation. I overdrew the shot but it ended up pin high, so 2 for 2 decent shots.

Shot of the day was #9 par 3 (pin at 167). I decided to choke down 2 inches & use 7w. The ball hit the green & rolled over the cup to end up about 8 feet past. That's as close to a HIO as I've ever been!
7W shot 1.jpg

A few other shots on par 5's - all nice, high, and on-line. Hard to judge actual distance in mid-December & on a soggy course, but this seems like the 7w will be a weapon!

The last shot with the 7w: #17 par 3: only 155 yards, but the green is really elevated, and there's always a headwind, so it typically plays 2 clubs longer. I choke down 2 inches & hit it right at the flag to get a GIR and par.

This looks like the beginning of a beautiful friendship. I don't recall hitting any poor shots with the 7w, or even any that were off line. This was a point-and-shoot joy to swing.
I'm hoping for some more mild winter days to take this club out again!

The Mavrik Max 7w (Helium Black 5 Reg shaft) arrived this week & yesterday I got a chance to use it (55 degrees, light winds, wet course, so not much roll). Decide to use it off the 1st tee: a 308 yard par 4 but tight - trouble on both sides. Hit a nice (for me) 180ish drive pretty straight. Already liking this! Usually 1st tee is a mental block for me & "playing smart" & hitting less than driver ends up not working - typically I'll hit a poor shot. And the 180-200 yard range was what I was hoping to fill with this club.

Next up: #5 Par 3 lasered at 180. Another nemesis hole - I rarely hit this green in regulation. I overdrew the shot but it ended up pin high, so 2 for 2 decent shots.

Shot of the day was #9 par 3 (pin at 167). I decided to choke down 2 inches & use 7w. The ball hit the green & rolled over the cup to end up about 8 feet past. That's as close to a HIO as I've ever been!
View attachment 8979519

A few other shots on par 5's - all nice, high, and on-line. Hard to judge actual distance in mid-December & on a soggy course, but this seems like the 7w will be a weapon!

The last shot with the 7w: #17 par 3: only 155 yards, but the green is really elevated, and there's always a headwind, so it typically plays 2 clubs longer. I choke down 2 inches & hit it right at the flag to get a GIR and par.

This looks like the beginning of a beautiful friendship. I don't recall hitting any poor shots with the 7w, or even any that were off line. This was a point-and-shoot joy to swing.
I'm hoping for some more mild winter days to take this club out again!
That is an awesome what to start out with a new club.

That is an awesome what to start out with a new club.
I know! And I was really hesitant to get one without testing it first. I've cut way back on that with all the THP knowledge I've gained over the years - I know it's usually best to try before I buy.

Plus - I bought the regular Mavrik in 3w with stiff shaft (I was fit into it by reputable guys), but have generally struggled with the 3w all season.
I know my struggles with the 3w are all me. And the extra bonus from yesterday was, since I was hitting the 7w so well, I decided to try the 3w again - & absolutely smoked a couple of approach shots. (I also hit a few worm burners too).

But for the price, this club is fantastic!

My wood/metal lineup:
Max 10.5 driver
Mav 16.5 fw
Max 4, 5, & 6 hybrids

The Mavrik 4w, 4,5,&6 max hybrids arrived yesterday and was able to go to the local range and try them out. It appears to be the last nice weather day in michigan for a while, as the golf course were jammed up with diehards. Each of the 4 clubs came in like new or new condition from CPO and, to me, the Mav line is a nice looking club. I hit them well and look forward to spring time (seems like a long way off). Maybe a trip to florida?

Struggled with 3w for a long time so decided to try the Mavrik Max 5w during the CPO Black Friday even. So glad I did. This thing has been so easy to hit. I don’t get anxious pulling a FW from the bag anymore!

I recently got the Mav SZ 4-wood and am thinking I now want a wood or hybrid in the 20* range. Like others, I tend to hook/pull hybrids, but had success with a Ping G 7 wood a few years ago. Does anyone know if the standard Mav 7-wood looks closed at address? The Mav pro hybrid looks a little to skinny back/front for me. Anyone have opinions on std Mav hybrid vs. Callaway Super hybrid?

I just realized I forgot to mention my last outing with my Mavrik 5 wood. I think it may have been the favorite club in the bag that day. I used it off the fairway twice and it was silly easy to elevate. It definitely folks a gap that I struggled with, which is great, but now I may be a smidge short of perfection. Maybe a 4 wood would be the answer? Time will tell.

It seems like this will give me the spin I need to hold greens too. If that's the case this could be a serious weapon on the courses I regularly play.

I cut down my last 4w 3/4", and now I have a Mav 4w. I am a little hesitant to cut down being brand new. Has anybody cut off length of their Mav fairways ?

I gave the sub zero 5 wood a run and its long! Got the handcrafted hazardous yellow in and whilst its only early days this thing looks good. Don't think the 3 wood is needed anymore. Might have to try the UT iron in 18 as an option for those windy days when you want the stinger off the tee. I think the pro hybrid would be long and close to the super hybrid distance.

We have a par 5 on my home course that has a ditch running across it at about 250 yards - it's reachable with my driver if I hit it well, so I usually hit my Mav 5W off the tee there to leave myself a little room for error. Last Wednesday I hit one right on the screws and left it in perfect position in the fairway about 20 yards short of the ditch, and one of the other guys I regularly play with commented "You sure hit that 5 wood well". One of the other guys said "He just does that to make us feel bad, hitting his 5 wood further than most of us are hitting driver". :LOL:

I'm not the "stick" in our group - all of us are pretty equal distance-wise - but the Mav definitely delivers when I do my part and put a decent swing on it.

Solid first outing with Mav 4W. 2 for 2 off the tee - darn close to perfect shots. Off the fairway, on 2 of the par 5s, 1 was smoked leaving me just short of the green, and 1 was a worm burner but didn’t kill me. Fun club to hit.

Back