Callaway MD5 Jaws Wedges

These wedges were amazing yesterday! Playing in a best ball money match with my regular group and I get up and down on 17 and 18 for par and birdie to win the match. 30-60 yd shots and these thing spin and hold! Literally had kick ins.

Thelook of these wedges is amazing and the ease at generating spin is unmatched imo.

I can’t say enough great things about these wedges! They are spin machines and so much fun to play with.

I can’t say enough great things about these wedges! They are spin machines and so much fun to play with.
They are!!! But also if you need a chip to run out a bit that is possible also.
I haven't seen any downside yet compared to the SM7 I was playing last year.

These wedges were amazing yesterday! Playing in a best ball money match with my regular group and I get up and down on 17 and 18 for par and birdie to win the match. 30-60 yd shots and these thing spin and hold! Literally had kick ins.

Thelook of these wedges is amazing and the ease at generating spin is unmatched imo.

you and i both deal with short game struggles. it’s a strong testament to these wedges when both us can’t stop raving about them.

Another great day with the 50*. Shots in the 40-60 yard range all spun to a stop after a couple of hops. Executed a couple of nice chips that left me close to the pin, and 2 nice shots out of the rough that also spun. Excellent!

Really pleased with this wedge and shaft combo.

Another great day with the 50*. Shots in the 40-60 yard range all spun to a stop after a couple of hops. Executed a couple of nice chips that left me close to the pin, and 2 nice shots out of the rough that also spun. Excellent!

Really pleased with this wedge and shaft combo.

which shaft?

which shaft?

KBS High Rev 2.0 wedge shaft. Same one that comes stock in the 2019 PM Grind wedges. Really like the response/feel of these on full shots. Smooth and stable throughout the whole swing.

I had the 52. Now I have added the 56 and 60. I can't wait to put them in into play tomorrow, but is gonna be wet so I don't know how much I will be able to determine on how well they perform.IMG_20200103_165556.jpgIMG_20200103_165525.jpg

took my 56x out for some short game practice. I ran into my instructor and he gave me a quick tip, then I also self-diagnosed a setup issue. I hit a bunch of really good shots, and the thing that stood out was how easy it was to open the face a bit and hit the ball on any trajectory you want. not to mention the spin and feel at impact is just superlative with these wedges.

my mind will never not be blown at how much Callaway improved the feel and shape of the MD5 Jaws vs the MD4. I came to loath to latter, and absolutely love the former!

Going to experiment with this in my bag and remove the set AW. A lot of people have talked about the spin this club generates and the potential stopping power

1579704839169.jpeg

I just wish they would release the raw version. I will hold out till I see those or not buy at all.

I had back-to-back practice sessions Tuesday and Wednesday with the Jaws 60* and new Chrome Soft 2020 golf ball. Tuesday was an absolute dumpster fire (not uncommon for me and my short game yips), but Wednesday I was able to find something and had some nice success. You can just feel the ball grab the face of the wedge at impact, and see it spinning like a top in the air. These wedges are so freaking fun, and I adore the shape. X Grind is fantastic if you need some bounce relief/forgiveness (don't we all???), but see some firmer conditions. I was finding the W grind on the MD4 to bounce into the ball with my less-than-ideal technique, but the X grind seems to give me that split second longer for the wedge to stay in contact with the ground and get under the ball. That probably is not at all what's actually happening at impact, but that's what it seems to be to my little brain.

Pondering thses now. Even though I am in AZ, I prefer higher bounce. The X grind is intriguing. And one play X off tight lies?

Pondering thses now. Even though I am in AZ, I prefer higher bounce. The X grind is intriguing. And one play X off tight lies?
When ahead and got the 52W and 58X. X was great out of sand and even tight lies.

Really enjoy the MD5 wedges!!!! They feel good in hand, balance is good with the Recoil shafts. I use my 50* a LOT and have been able to play varying shots with it with ease, low spinner that just hits and stops or a shot with a bit of height.
Keep the grooves clean!!!

Took my 52* along to my lesson. Think I know my carry yardage... hit 102ish on 6/7 swings.

Personally I would go down in bounce from typical if going X

Took my 52* along to my lesson. Think I know my carry yardage... hit 102ish on 6/7 swings.
This makes golf life so much easier! Carry distance consistency is awesome when you know it takes traps/trouble areas out of play!

Playing these bad boys, loved the md4 and love these more. C828452F-09F0-4BB6-897A-04751DD29C48.jpeg

These wedges are sick!! ??? One more to compliment my bag in search of a 52/10 head.

Playing on dormant zoysia grass can be tricky as you don't always know how the turf will react. The Jaws wedges have no issues getting thru this turf and still getting plenty of spin on the ball. Had a shot today from 65 yards with the wind and ball managed to spin back 2 feet from the ball mark.

Back