Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Fairway Wood Review

with a short break between atmospheric rivers in Nor Cal i went out as a single and hurried to the first tee. first time hitting my ai smoke max d 10.5 . 1 practice swing and nervous as there were 2 groups at he first tee , i nailed my drive about 255 and wouolld have een more if t=cindtions were . my drives were either straight or with a little draw. mush less draw than my stealth HD . i was quite suprised by the cypher shaft as i thought it was going to be too weak at 48 grams , it never sprayed right i was getting a lot of height , naybe too much but i think i found the one

left my 3HL in the garage but had the new heavenwood . I didn't have too many opportunities to hit it today { only played 13 } and stil unsure on my distance with it . im going need to take that to the range and comapre with the 4 hybrid ... going to try both in the simulator at the golf shop but i can say im very impressed with my new tools, just need to figure out whether i need to swap out the heavenwood for a hybrid . thought i would have my 6 iron be my lowest iron....

speaking of hybrids, what are the major differnces between the smoke and the smoke HL , i see the the HL hybrids have a bigger head and the shaft is a half inch longer. not sure if i should be using the HL hybrid or the regular smoke hybrid or a combo .

...speaking of hybrids, what are the major differnces between the smoke and the smoke HL , i see the the HL hybrids have a bigger head and the shaft is a half inch longer. not sure if i should be using the HL hybrid or the regular smoke hybrid or a combo .
As you said, the HL shaft is 1/2" longer. Additionally, the lie angle is also slightly more upright and the head shape is different (flatter and more low profile in the HL). The most significant difference is probably the Swing Code used in the design of the face. The core Ai Smoke hybrid is optimized for speed and distance, the HL is optimized to enhance launch and spin for players with slower swing speeds who have difficulty elevating the ball.

with a short break between atmospheric rivers in Nor Cal i went out as a single and hurried to the first tee. first time hitting my ai smoke max d 10.5 . 1 practice swing and nervous as there were 2 groups at he first tee , i nailed my drive about 255 and wouolld have een more if t=cindtions were . my drives were either straight or with a little draw. mush less draw than my stealth HD . i was quite suprised by the cypher shaft as i thought it was going to be too weak at 48 grams , it never sprayed right i was getting a lot of height , naybe too much but i think i found the one

left my 3HL in the garage but had the new heavenwood . I didn't have too many opportunities to hit it today { only played 13 } and stil unsure on my distance with it . im going need to take that to the range and comapre with the 4 hybrid ... going to try both in the simulator at the golf shop but i can say im very impressed with my new tools, just need to figure out whether i need to swap out the heavenwood for a hybrid . thought i would have my 6 iron be my lowest iron....

speaking of hybrids, what are the major differnces between the smoke and the smoke HL , i see the the HL hybrids have a bigger head and the shaft is a half inch longer. not sure if i should be using the HL hybrid or the regular smoke hybrid or a combo .
The big difference to me for the hybrids is the look at address (HL looks more inviting and easier to hit) and less he launch. HL is true to its name - it will help you really launch the ball and get it moving

Yes to both. It has the standard Callaway Opti-Fit adapter, mine is currently at -1/D. It's not a setting I would have chosen left to my own devices, but my fitter put it there based on what we were seeing in the fitting and it's working for me, so I'm not playing around with it.
Same. I took a picture of mine just to protect me from myself in tinkering.
IMG_3720.png

Oh that’s a heck of a way to start the day!
I know this is silly, but I really like the Paradym TD 3w I have. Good distance. Great feel.

I just don't love the blue. It was nice and novel for a season, but this winter, I'm not in love with it anymore.

I know this is silly, but I really like the Paradym TD 3w I have. Good distance. Great feel.

I just don't love the blue. It was nice and novel for a season, but this winter, I'm not in love with it anymore.
The crown looking down on these is amazing.
Hopefully you have a sick day planned for when this arrives!

A quick and dirty sound comparison between the Smoke Max 5 Wood and the Heavenwood.

5 Wood
View attachment 9240471

Heavenwood

View attachment 9240472
I thought the Heavenwood was noticeably more metallic, which makes sense considering its construction. Sound was pretty consistent on hits both good and bad.

The 5 Wood, duller, more variation of the sound depending on quality of hit.
HW is a bigger head too, so more potential for sound resonance on the metallic side.

I’m trying to resist ordering but keep looking more and more into the TD 3- and 5-woods. For those that have swung them, how does the Denali Black feel and launch compared to HZRDUS Gen 4?

A little comparison of the Heavenwood using Chrome Tour and Chrome Soft, as well as 5 Wood thrown in.

The 5 wood I have more swings with total. Heavenwood showed up 2 days ago, and this was the first time out.

So far, I thought the Chrome Tour and Heavenwood combo was really consistent on the ball speed. Chrome soft was a bit more ups and downs with the HW.

Am I getting way too much spin with that HW? And even the 5 Wood? I honestly have no idea.

Working on trying to get more consistent with the 5 Wood so I can figure out gapping with everything Driver/5Wood/HW.
20240203_102021.jpg20240203_101952.jpg20240203_101941.jpg20240203_101928.jpg

Surprise 💎💎💎 7W UPS deliver notice for tomorrow!!! 😍

A little comparison of the Heavenwood using Chrome Tour and Chrome Soft, as well as 5 Wood thrown in.

The 5 wood I have more swings with total. Heavenwood showed up 2 days ago, and this was the first time out.

So far, I thought the Chrome Tour and Heavenwood combo was really consistent on the ball speed. Chrome soft was a bit more ups and downs with the HW.

Am I getting way too much spin with that HW? And even the 5 Wood? I honestly have no idea.

Working on trying to get more consistent with the 5 Wood so I can figure out gapping with everything Driver/5Wood/HW.
View attachment 9240613View attachment 9240614View attachment 9240615View attachment 9240616
Not necessarily. Seems like based on where you were in CA and hitting the ball this setup works pretty well for you.

Got 15 swings in with my 3 wood today on the range This is the club I’ve had the least work with so far but boy I can tell what a weapon it’s gonna be. Right now the control I’m seeing is just wild. My swing caddie was dead today so couldn’t get data but this club is doing 260-265 and 240 on a low moderate swing.

Waiting on the UPS man gonna be BRUTAL.

I've hit about 600 balls today and completely broken my swing, which is AWESOME....ly bad.

Anywho, I was DONE for the day, then a box arrived, so I hit a couple. This is after all the work, and me being sore and grumpy.

There is potential. This is off the deck. There should be about 10 more yards in it when I get my act together. YES, I am being VERY self loathing right now.

7W 1 TD Smoke.png

IMG_6115.jpegIMG_6116.jpegIMG_6117.jpegIMG_6118.jpegIMG_6119.jpegIMG_6121.jpegShe pretty tho.

Waiting on the UPS man gonna be BRUTAL.
That’s how I feel about waiting on the Ai-One.

I absolutely love the Smoke TD 3w. Best sound/feel from a fairway I’ve ever hit.

I've hit about 600 balls today and completely broken my swing, which is AWESOME....ly bad.

Anywho, I was DONE for the day, then a box arrived, so I hit a couple. This is after all the work, and me being sore and grumpy.

There is potential. This is off the deck. There should be about 10 more yards in it when I get my act together. YES, I am being VERY self loathing right now.

View attachment 9240764
Glutton for punishment, back out to hit about 10 more and got that peak up in the 35-38 range which I love seeing off the turf.

Glutton for punishment, back out to hit about 10 more and got that peak up in the 35-38 range which I love seeing off the turf.
That is awesome off the ground. That’ll stop on any green.

Back