Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
The following is a press release:

Callaway Mack Daddy PM-Grind - Matte Black - Wedge
Designed By Phil With The Versatility For Any Wedge Shot. Now In A Matte Black Finish.

Lofts: 56*, 58*, 60*, 64*
Retail: 1/29/16
Price: $129.99 each

The new Mack Daddy PM-Grind Matte Black Wedge was developed based on overwhelmingly positive feedback on the finish from Tour players. And it features the same great technologies from the Mack Daddy PM-Grind, where Phil Mickelson gave his direct input to Callaway wedge maker Roger Cleveland. They worked on every detail to precisely craft a wedge with the look and performance Phil wanted, particularly to take on the toughest shots around the green.

Just as in the Mack Daddy PM-Grind, the new Matte Black wedge has a unique shape so you can be aggressive in your short game, with more surface area, 39% more groove area that goes all the way across the face, and a high toe that moves the weight higher. And it has the versatility that lets you accelerate through the ball and go after every shot – even when you’re playing a flop, out of a bunker, or from deep rough.

Features & Benefits

Now In Matte Black
The Matte Black Finish has been extremely popular with Tour players for the MD3 Milled, and we’re bringing this look to the PM-Grind lineup.

Designed By Phil Mickelson
Phil Mickelson gave direct input to legendary Callaway wedge maker Roger Cleveland, and they worked closely together on this design. They took a Mack Daddy 2 Wedge and grinded out the high toe shape, added the right materials, and had Phil constantly test it on Tour until the look and performance were exactly what he wanted.

The Versatility To Take On Any Shot
This design lets you accelerate through the ball and go after every shot. You can get up and down from anywhere - even on flops, bunker shots, and out of the thickest rough.

A Unique Shape For Aggressive Wedge Shots
This is clearly a different shape than your standard wedge. It has more surface area, 39% more groove area that goes all the way across the face, and the high toe moves the weight higher so that it’s easier to hit shots out of deep rough.

pm-grind-back-matte-black2016-XL.jpg

pm-grind-back-matte-black2016-XL.jpg

pm-grind-face-matte-black2016-XL.jpg

pm-grind-toe-matte-black2016-XL.jpg

pm-grind-address-matte-black2016-XL.jpg

many have asked for it and its finally here. Everyone smiled when Roger answered out question by saying Yes it is coming in black. Cant wait to see some of these in person

• Staff
Oh Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaangggggg......its not February yet...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! These needs to go in the bag ASAP.

Those are purty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These look so much sleeker in black!!!

I really think I need one of these in the 58-60 variety.

FINALLY!!!! I will have at least one of these in my bag this year! Need to match the MD3.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Oh it's happening fo sho!!!!!!!

YES, YES, YES!!! This makes me very happy, I'd be willing to switch to a 56/60 just to put these into play!!!

I'm still holding out hope for a 54!

I love it. It will be in the bag!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, these look great. Now I just need to convince myself I need new wedges...

(okay, done.)

I like it. Its a nice option. Nothing I would run to trade in my current PM grind for, but love that for someone who does not have one yet, now you have a choice.

Dead sexy!!!

Wow, just WOW!

Oh heck yes! Love my 60 degree PM grind. Will love it even more in matte black!

I'm glad the option's there. I prefer a chrome/satin finish, but for the folks who like a black wedge, it's great they can fit the PM and it's stupid easy out of the sand capabilities in their bag without having to change the finish.

And once again, the lefties cannot get all the lofts - sort of ironic for a club named/designed by a leftie. No 58 Deg available for us.

Nice to see them come out with this. Makes it easier to have black md3 wedges and PM grind in same finish.

yes please. Wow!

That's sexy. I may already have to replace the PM I just bought!

Wow, those are sweet!

Might need one of these in a 56 instead of the MD3 I was planning. I'd rather get this in 60 but just bought the MD3 in 60

Goodbye PM Chrome....Hello PM Black...will be in the bag soon!!!

I know there's going to be some stoked people out there for this. Always listening to the consumer!

Back