Callaway PM Grind Wedge - Matte Black - Preview

They sure look sharp in black.

Going to the store to see if I scoop one of these bad boys up today! Can you bend these wedges 1* as well as the MD3 wedges?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

We have a killer video coming up with Roger Cleveland talking about the new finish and the PM grind as a whole. Its like 10 minutes long and is absolutely fantastic.

Is Callaway planning on offering the PM grind in lower lofts as well? I hope so.

We have a killer video coming up with Roger Cleveland talking about the new finish and the PM grind as a whole. Its like 10 minutes long and is absolutely fantastic.

Will this video be posted in this thread?

Will this video be posted in this thread?

No sir. Although I am sure there will be a link.
New thread and the video will be featured on our home page.
And of course all of our videos can be found on the THP YouTube Channel.

No sir. Although I am sure there will be a link.
New thread and the video will be featured on our home page.
And of course all of our videos can be found on the THP YouTube Channel.

Didn't know about the YouTube channel. Thanks!

Gonna be a close race between this and the Vokey SM-6 for me, both look great.

Probably going to replace all of my wedges this year.

Is Callaway planning on offering the PM grind in lower lofts as well? I hope so.

No, not enough demand IIRC. Damn shame too, most innovative wedge I've ever seen.

How sweet would it be to win one of these?

Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but any news on that Roger Cleveland video? Really looking forward to it!

Finally got a chance to see these in person, love them in black, such a great finish, and love the versatility of the PM, so wish it was available in 54, has be considering changing to 56/60 in these!

I got a chance to hit one of these on Friday last week at a local course. The pro let me try out his own club on the range and around the green. Amazingly easy to hit in all situations. Even tried some short lob shots of 10-15 yards and it worked great. I will be getting one in the next few weeks. The only decision is going to be which shaft to put in. Any suggestions?

I got a chance to hit one of these on Friday last week at a local course. The pro let me try out his own club on the range and around the green. Amazingly easy to hit in all situations. Even tried some short lob shots of 10-15 yards and it worked great. I will be getting one in the next few weeks. The only decision is going to be which shaft to put in. Any suggestions?

I will try the 610

Got my first round in with the Black PM Grind last weekend. More of what I'm used to from using the original. just an awesome club. Finish held up pretty well on a wet day with some sand work. A little wear on the sole, but still a gorgeous wedge. Looking forward to gaming this one all season.

I'd just go with what you're comfortable with, or what you have in your other clubs. All of my irons and wedges have S300s, and there was no upcharge on them, so I went with that. Though I guess even with an upcharge, a steel shaft on one club probably won't break the bank.

I personally am not a big fan of KBS, and I wanted consistent weights, so that's why I went with those. YMMV though!

3 posts in a row...sorry if y'all are getting sick of me.

Had my first experience with my new wedge this afternoon. Unfortunately we're buried in snow up in Canada, but I was able to go play 18 holes of sim golf....not quite the same thing, but there you go. My miss with a wedge is to blade it, so hitting off the mat shouldn't be an issue.

The wedge was just unbelievable...right off the bat, could pull off anything I threw at it...80 yard full shots, 20 yard chips. Just a phenomenal club. I was hesitant about using it on my trip to Arizona next month, but it's definitely coming with me!

Last edited:
Definitely not sick of you. Thanks for the review

Just picked up the 58/10 black matte PM Grind-- the black looks just sick! Have been hitting some little chips down the hall in my office (LOL) and love the feel of the PM as well as the 54* S grind MD3 I also picked up. Played/carried a Ping Eye 2 L wedge for years and love how the PM looks/opens up so easy--flops with the Ping were effortless even with a 1/2 swing. Hope this PM is as good out of the bunker as people have said--def not my "strong suit". Excited--these will look sleek in the updated Cally bag!

Back