Callaway RAZR Fit Driver

I hit the Fit with stock stiff shaft and 9.5° head for about 10 balls and was pretty impressed. Never messed with the adjustable features. I didn't really notice the heaviness that many of you guys mention, but I wasn't really paying attention. The face seemed really shallow coming from the driver in my bag, but I just teed it lower and was fine. My trajectory was right in the middle and I did hit a few real nice ones with it. I still think it's one of the best looking drivers out there this year.

Hawk I didn't really notice the heaviness either. I am just tinkering with the weights to see if it adds distance and changes the flight. I have honestly been extremely happy with the flight and distance so far. I wouldn't say I've gained yards but I am definitely more accurate and getting the same distances as before. But I definitely wouldn't say it is heavy even at the stock settings.

When you heading this direction to get a pre-MC whoopin?

Hawk I didn't really notice the heaviness either. I am just tinkering with the weights to see if it adds distance and changes the flight. I have honestly been extremely happy with the flight and distance so far. I wouldn't say I've gained yards but I am definitely more accurate and getting the same distances as before. But I definitely wouldn't say it is heavy even at the stock settings.

When you heading this direction to get a pre-MC whoopin?

We might have to meet in the middle one of these days. I assume we'll be up that way in the coming months though. We'll actually be in Culver during the early part of Morgan Cup week, believe it or not.

Yeah I didn't expect you to come all this way. I'd meet up somewhere. I wish Nature Valley wouldn't have discontinued their tournaments otherwise I would be heading over to your neck of the woods within the next month or so. I would have loved to play Deere Run again.

Haven't broken in my RF yet. It rained tonight after our game so I went to the gym. Looks like rain for the next two days then Thursday looks ok. I will report back about this rocket launcher after that round and range session.

Haven't broken in my RF yet. It rained tonight after our game so I went to the gym. Looks like rain for the next two days then Thursday looks ok. I will report back about this rocket launcher after that round and range session.

Wow, still? I would find a field if I had to!

Wow, still? I would find a field if I had to!

I know. I'm kind of mad at the weather. I still might go out tomorrow if it isn't pouring just to try it out.

I was going to bring it this weekend for my bachelor party, then I started to worry that there would be some adult beverages on the course and I didn't want to take the chance with it. Now I seriously wish I had. I didn't figure it would rain for 3 straight stupid days when I got back

I am still conducting a duel between the Fit and my Cleveland Classic. I was pretty wayward with the Fit this weekend, and I kind of though that ended the experiment. I am definitely longer with the Classic, but I can't keep it in the fairway. If I am also going to struggle with the Fit, then I will just take the longer club.

But, I went to the driving range today to hit the Classic again so I could use it in my next round. It just didn't feel right anymore, and I had very little control over where the ball was going. I pulled out the Fit, and adjusted it from the open face position back to standard. That seemed to do the trick. Shot after shot was straight, or maybe with a little draw, and nearly as long as the Classic. The real difference between the two clubs, for me, is that I can really go after the ball with the Fit and have the confidence I will keep the ball in play. The Classic is so lightweight that if I try to overpower it I will hit a massive slice, so I have to torque it down a little.

I get 30 days before I have to decide whether to return the Fit to PGA SS, so that gives me almost 3 more weeks to keep dueling. Whichever decision I make, I've been very happy hitting the RAZR Fit.

I keep hearing so much about the Classic being long. Long isn't bad, but long won't keep you in play. The thing I keep hearing about the Fit is that it is a fairway finder, and that is what I am seeing. I am averaging 270 off the tee which is the same as I got with my R11, but I am finding many more fairways and I feel more confident than ever with it! I haven't hit many of this years drivers, but the Fit by far blows away anything I have tried from previous years, and that is with the stock shaft. I love it even more with the Project X Black shaft.

I keep hearing so much about the Classic being long. Long isn't bad, but long won't keep you in play. The thing I keep hearing about the Fit is that it is a fairway finder, and that is what I am seeing. I am averaging 270 off the tee which is the same as I got with my R11, but I am finding many more fairways and I feel more confident than ever with it! I haven't hit many of this years drivers, but the Fit by far blows away anything I have tried from previous years, and that is with the stock shaft. I love it even more with the Project X Black shaft.

I love my Classic, great looks, great feel, and the low spin I've been looking for, but it seems like I hit at least two really bad drives per round....like OB bad. If you check out all the Cleveland Classic thread, the Morgan cuppers have gotten theirs in and they are all raving over being able to hit it straight, so its pretty much just me. I did get the 9*, since I tend to hit my drives pretty high, and maybe I would have been better off at 10.5 like my Fit, but I think the slightly heavier weight of the Fit just suits me. I will certainly give up 5-10 yards off the tee if I can stay in play.

The duel continues, though. If I keep hitting the Fit like I did this weekend, then its going back and I'm getting some lessons with my Classic.

So I got a chance to get to the range to with the Fit. Spent my time playing around with the settings.

Standard setting - To far right for my liking.
Closed face - Lower flight which I liked but my miss hits were low slices
Closed face with draw bias - Didn't suit my swing as it was giving me a big draw and my miss hit were BIG hooks.
Square face with draw bias - Lovely flight straight down the middle. Winner and the new setting.

It was a lot of fun to play around with the settings and actually see it make a difference in the ball flight

I am absolutely loving the Fit. This has to be the first time I have ever had confidence in my driver. I still have a few bad shots when I forget to swing thorugh it but otherwise all the Fit does is find fairways.

So I got a chance to get to the range to with the Fit. Spent my time playing around with the settings.

Closed face with draw bias - Didn't suit my swing as it was giving me a big draw and my miss hit were BIG hooks.
Square face with draw bias - Lovely flight straight down the middle. Winner and the new setting.

It was a lot of fun to play around with the settings and actually see it make a difference in the ball flight

I play with the square face and draw bias weights as well. I just get a fade every time I put the heavier weight in the toe. Nothing wrong with that but if I don't want to hit a fade every time. Having the graver weight in the feel seems like a more neautral setting to me because I can easily draw or fade it if I want, but a normal swing produces a nice straight shot. When the heavier weight is in the toe I can go straight if I really try to get it turned over but a draw is pretty much out of the equation.

Nice info guys. I too have the 12 gram weight in the heel and the face set at neutral. Now it just has to stop pouring at some point for me to get outside.

I play with the square face and draw bias weights as well. I just get a fade every time I put the heavier weight in the toe. Nothing wrong with that but if I don't want to hit a fade every time. Having the graver weight in the feel seems like a more neautral setting to me because I can easily draw or fade it if I want, but a normal swing produces a nice straight shot. When the heavier weight is in the toe I can go straight if I really try to get it turned over but a draw is pretty much out of the equation.

The heavier weight in the toe is the neutral isn't it ??? I was looking in the tool booklet today and it was saying the 12gram weight in the heel promotes a draw !!! Would this be why your finding it harder to draw the ball ??

I am a little thrown off by Callaways weight guide. In the standard fit booklet it says heavier weight in the toe is neautral, and heavier weight in the heel is draw biased. However, in the TA booklet it has a larger chart (I believe I posted a pic a couple pages back) that shows that the 12 in the toe/2 in the heel setting is a fade bias. According to that booklet you need closer weights like a 4/6 in order to make it neautral. The heads of the clubs are exactly the same other than color so they should have the same center of gravity.

I am a little thrown off by Callaways weight guide. In the standard fit booklet it says heavier weight in the toe is neautral, and heavier weight in the heel is draw biased. However, in the TA booklet it has a larger chart (I believe I posted a pic a couple pages back) that shows that the 12 in the toe/2 in the heel setting is a fade bias. According to that booklet you need closer weights like a 4/6 in order to make it neautral. The heads of the clubs are exactly the same other than color so they should have the same center of gravity.

Ya I seen the pic's and i'd agree with you that the heavier weight should be in the toe to help close the face at impact. Today however I was finding the heavier weight in the heel was giving me a straighter flight. Eh it goes long and straight that's all that matters :D

that's what I saw on Sunday....heavy weight in the heel with a closed face gave me straight if not then it was a slight draw....I still want to tinker to see what other settings give me but I like what I see from the draw weight/closed face setting so far

Ya I seen the pic's and i'd agree with you that the heavier weight should be in the toe to help close the face at impact. Today however I was finding the heavier weight in the heel was giving me a straighter flight. Eh it goes long and straight that's all that matters :D

Hanks how are your mishits with the "closed face draw setting" or do you not have mishits :D

Hanks how are your mishits with the "closed face draw setting" or do you not have mishits :D

Hanks never mishits. :banana:

On that note. I'm still madly in love with this driver. Usually after a couple of months I've become tired of a driver and want something new. Not in this case. Now if Callaway would just start shipping tips, I can put the Miyazaki shaft I've been holding on to in this thing and really launch the ball.

I know not of what you speak kind sir..... :act-up:

Actually in all honesty since I've set up the driver that way I haven't seen many mishits. Maybe I've just been in a better place with my driver latlely but mishits haven't been prevalent on the range or on the course. when I do miss it's been a block to the right and not so much of a slice..still playable

Changed the setting to "Square" from "Closed" but left the 12 gram weight in the heel. Hit this a lot better today.

Last edited:
I feel like I want to tinker but the square face and heavy heel has been automatic for me. Slowly getting the 3W settled.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I have been wanting to play with the settings since I got it, but I set mine like the fitter at CPC told me to....it's set to Open with the 12 gram weight in the heel....at the time of the fitting I was hitting it dead straight, now it's more of a baby fade....I want to set it to neutral and see how that works.

Back