Callaway RAZR Fit Driver

I feel like I want to tinker but the square face and heavy heel has been automatic for me. Slowly getting the 3W settled.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Tinker away! I didn't think I would change mine either, but after my first drive I decided I wanted to try something.

I feel like I want to tinker but the square face and heavy heel has been automatic for me. Slowly getting the 3W settled.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

After my round with the Fit again yesterday I have decided not to do any more tinkering, I am just driving the ball so well. So for me it will be square face, 10g heel/2g toe. Had a par 5 yesterday with water just short of the green that usually requires a long, perfect drive and then a 3 wood to reach the green if I'm lucky. Yesterday it was driver for 290 yards, and then a 190 yard 6-iron to the center of the green that left me with a 12 footer for eagle. Of course I missed the putt, but tap in birdies are fun. I've been getting a lot more looks at eagle since I've put this in the bag so one of these eagles is gonna drop soon. How you liking the Matrix shaft?

After my round with the Fit again yesterday I have decided not to do any more tinkering, I am just driving the ball so well. So for me it will be square face, 10g heel/2g toe. Had a par 5 yesterday with water just short of the green that usually requires a long, perfect drive and then a 3 wood to reach the green if I'm lucky. Yesterday it was driver for 290 yards, and then a 190 yard 6-iron to the center of the green that left me with a 12 footer for eagle. Of course I missed the putt, but tap in birdies are fun. I've been getting a lot more looks at eagle since I've put this in the bag so one of these eagles is gonna drop soon. How you liking the Matrix shaft?
Can you go with a 10 gram weight in the Morgan Cup since you are supposed to use actual Morgan Cup equipment?

Can you go with a 10 gram weight in the Morgan Cup since you are supposed to use actual Morgan Cup equipment?

good question, I know that you can buy weight kits for them, but wouldn't that be the same as changing out shafts or something?

That is how my driver is set up and it is so damn straight it's crazy. I like the Matrix but I could see myself flirting with something else

Really hoping the rain ends soon. Looking to get out and try out the Fit for the first time tonight. Were any of you shocked or surprised at the weight setting that worked best for you? I have mine placed where I think it will work best (12 in the heel, 2 in the toe) but am interested to see if that actually gives me the best results.

That is a good question, I will have to ask. It's not like I am changing the equipment though, I'm just adjusting the weight which is what the driver is made for.

awesome IN! Sounds like you're set

Interesting questions about the weighting - how much does the extra weight kit cost?

Interesting questions about the weighting - how much does the extra weight kit cost?

Not sure because they aren't available yet, mine came with the TA, but I imagine they will be in the $30-$40 range. Once they are available you could probably snatch them up on eBay for less.

I want to address the question people are asking about the weights. Callaway Golf has outfitted each golfer in the Morgan Cup with a driver that is to be played as it is. You provided your specs and the clubs were built to them, so they should be set for your game. Changing shafts or weights is not something that is available to everybody at this time, so I ask that you please work with what you have. The weights are not going to be an option.

Thanks!

Thanks for clarifying GG

My first swings with my RAZR Fit!!

Nice Job ghsace...glad you finally got to hit it!

I got mine today. It is u-n-r-e-a-l. So long. So stupendously long.

Glad you finally got to hit it dude!

Today I went out for a round and some range time, didn't even finish my 9 holes because I was pushing every shot 20 yards right. I went straight to the range. But one thing I did today before my round was switch the 10g weight out for the standard 12 since I cannot use the 10 for the MC. I had a little more draw on the ball today. I wasn't expecting much difference since its only 2g but I was surprised I just didn't hit it as well today. Getting back out tomorrow for 9 holes so we will see how it goes. Gonna give it some time before I think about putting the 12 back in the toe.

Nice Job ghsace...glad you finally got to hit it!

Glad you finally got to hit it dude!

Today I went out for a round and some range time, didn't even finish my 9 holes because I was pushing every shot 20 yards right. I went straight to the range. But one thing I did today before my round was switch the 10g weight out for the standard 12 since I cannot use the 10 for the MC. I had a little more draw on the ball today. I wasn't expecting much difference since its only 2g but I was surprised I just didn't hit it as well today. Getting back out tomorrow for 9 holes so we will see how it goes. Gonna give it some time before I think about putting the 12 back in the toe.

Thanks guys! I was so tired of looking at it and looking outside at the rain haha. I was surprised at how hot the face felt. It really felt like I was compressing the ball more than usual.

Sorry the sound was so bad. The wind was brutal. I was basically saying how I have the 12 gram weight in the heel and the 2 gram in the toe. I also said how much I loved the feel like 25 times hahaha.

Played 18 holes with mine today...hit 10 of 13 fairways....I am hitting a nice mid flight 10 yard fade with the Razr FIT right now...have it set to open, but weights in draw bias position. Tried to set it to " neutral" today and the fade turned into a slice...moved it back and started fading the ball again.

Who knew 2 grams could make such a difference? I've got the 12g in the heel now instead of the 10 and I was very inconsistent with the Fit today. I had a few good drives, but other than that I was mostly pulling and hooking. I tried putting the 12 in the toe and I sliced the crap out of it. It sounds weird but even the sound was different with the heavier weight. Craziest thing though...when I really felt like I got ahold of one before it went about 280, and it made a few par 5s reachable in two. When I got ahold of one today the distance was crazy! I'll give you one hole as an example...there is a par 5 at my course that is pretty straight, but there is a big pond on front of the green, so most often you lay up for your second shot and then have a 80 yarder to the green or so. Last week with the Fit I had the 10g/2g setup and crushed it up the middle. I had 250 to the center of the green and decided to go for it. I took the Fit 3w out and landed the green and rolled just over it. Today I had the 12g/2g setup and felt like I got ahold of it pretty well. As I walked up to my ball I thought, "man that seems farther than usual I am well past the fairway bunkers." Sure enough, I got up to my ball and had 175 yards to the green! Last week I had 3w into the green, today I had 7i. Now, there is no way I drove it 350 so I am not claiming I did. Maybe the tees were up a little (I play from the back tees but they couldn't have been moved up more than 10 yards at most, maybe there was a slight wind at my back (the wind was pretty light today though), I dont know...all I know is it was MUCH farther than usual, I dont know how to account for a 75 yard distance. I had another dogleg where the drive usually ends up center of the fairway where the fairway makes the turn. Today I overshot the fairway by a few yards, probably 15 yards farther than the previous setup. Many shots were still about the same distance, but when I really got ahold of it I was just CRUSHING it, probably close to 300 yards. Hopefully more time with this setup will start to feel more comfortable and I can get as consistent with my contact as I was with the 10/2 setup. Hopefully my lesson tomorrow will get my swing back on track overall because I have become more and more inconsistent over the last few weeks.

Well I am just striping this driver. My confidence is about the highest it has ever been with a driver. I think I like the heavier headweight of the Fit and it's making me swing smoother. 2 Thursdays ago I hit 5/7 FIR and one of my misses was because I hit the ball too far and it rolled through the fairway. Last Thursday I hit 5/7 FIR. My first miss was a ball that I hit the middle of the fairway with and the ball hit a knob in the fairway and kicked straight left. The other miss was by about 2 feet. This is such a solid driver!

Nice info and updates guys. I'm going to fool around with the look at address next time out as I felt like I was alittle inconsistent with my fade with the setting in neutral. Going to try closed face and draw weights and if that doesn't work draw face and neutral weights. We shall see.

And it lets you go after it a little bit too

Well I am just striping this driver. My confidence is about the highest it has ever been with a driver. I think I like the heavier headweight of the Fit and it's making me swing smoother. 2 Thursdays ago I hit 5/7 FIR and one of my misses was because I hit the ball too far and it rolled through the fairway. Last Thursday I hit 5/7 FIR. My first miss was a ball that I hit the middle of the fairway with and the ball hit a knob in the fairway and kicked straight left. The other miss was by about 2 feet. This is such a solid driver!

that's what I have it at now and like it....you could look into closing the face with the smalle weight in th eheel first before going draw wild weighting?

Nice info and updates guys. I'm going to fool around with the look at address next time out as I felt like I was alittle inconsistent with my fade with the setting in neutral. Going to try closed face and draw weights and if that doesn't work draw face and neutral weights. We shall see.

And it lets you go after it a little bit too

that's what I have it at now and like it....you could look into closing the face with the smalle weight in th eheel first before going draw wild weighting?

I moved the heavy weight to the heel already. I'm going to try to move the face with the heavy weight in the heel to see what I get with that. If that doesn't feel better, I'm going to move the 12 gram to the toe. It feels good now, but I think I can find a better combo for my swing. Just alittle too inconsistent still.

I like the idea of the draw face and the neutral weighting the more I think about it. I envision being able to control my fade very well with that set up. Draw/ draw might be too much left for me.

Back