Callaway RAZR Fit Driver

Man great updates everyone. I get home tomorrow and after spending saturday and Sunday morning with the family, the Razr family and I will be gettin out there.

Really looking forward to swinging these great sticks again.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

All the talk about the driver, I must say the 3- and 5-woods are equally awesome.

Ive started hitting the 3W with more consistency. Its got a real solid feel to it.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I wasn't hitting the 3W as well at first.....a really big fade.....but it's starting to get better

I've hit the 3W every time I'm at the range and I just can't bring myself to buy it yet. I really want to like it, but it isn't giving me anything over my current 3W. As much at my ego wants another new club, I just don't see this one going in the bag.

I am curious what the Fit fairway woods bring to the table that you cannot find in the RAZR Hawk or Black fairway woods. I know the Fit FWs are adjustable, but only the face angle.....that doesn't seem like its worth the extra expense. Are there other major differences?

For me I like the adjustable face. I also like the ability to swap shafts with nothing more than a few twists of a wrench. As to performance differences, I think it will vary for everyone. I can't say that I'm noticing a tremendous difference between this 3W and the Hawk to be honest

For me I like the adjustable face. I also like the ability to swap shafts with nothing more than a few twists of a wrench. As to performance differences, I think it will vary for everyone. I can't say that I'm noticing a tremendous difference between this 3W and the Hawk to be honest

I haven't hit the Hawk, but I hit the Fit fairway woods better than the Black at my fitting. My previous fairway woods were some 10 year old Northwesterns, so I see a big difference.

Pondering the Razr Fit to replace my R11S

Pondering the Razr Fit to replace my R11S

Last season, I played the R11 driver and hit it in play pretty frequently, but my ball flight was really high (caused by high spin) At the spring TM event at my local golf store, I tried the R11S and bought it as the TM rep claimed it was a much lower spinning head as well as a better shaft. My issue is that lately, the combination proves to hit the ball lower, but still not like I used to when I gamed my Callaway 454 with the green NV shaft.

I have always been a Callaway fan. What would the downside be of going to the Razr Fit and replacing my R11S (other than a hit to the wallet)?

How does the Fit launch? I have noticed in the thread that it is crazy accurate...

How about a different shaft

Tapatalk

Go pick up a G20 with a tfc tour shaft in the proper flex. I used to launch the ball way too high with ungodly spin. This driver hits boring bombs with low spin.

I realize that wasn't exactly your question but I atleast suggest giving it a shot.

Go pick up a G20 with a tfc tour shaft in the proper flex. I used to launch the ball way too high with ungodly spin. This driver hits boring bombs with low spin.

I realize that wasn't exactly your question but I atleast suggest giving it a shot.

I agree the G20 is a bomber

Tapatalk

I love the Razr fit. Hit it so much more consistently than the G20. Launch is good. I can hit lower shots or higher ones depending how I tee the ball

formerly butters35

Shaft buddy. R11S is a good driver. No need to get a new one. Just a different shaft.

I agree with Wonton. Unless you are absolutely dying to try the RAZR Fit, finding the right shaft for the R11s would be the way to go since you already have that driver.

Shaft buddy. R11S is a good driver. No need to get a new one. Just a different shaft.

Agreed. There's tons of shafts with R9/R11 tips out there. It has to be the easiest line of clubs to find shafts that are easily replaceable. There are some good shaft reviews on the home page. I'm not super knowledgable, but there is some good insight in the ponder thread as well as some of the review threads. Good luck!

Hey man, you've got a shiny barely used Kai'li headed your way soon! Keep the R11S!

I know. If thw Kai don't do it, I may call it and try the Callaway...

It worked great in my R11, just spun a bit too much. With the 11s, it may be what the Dr. ordered.

I will send pics when I get home

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Oh man. Am I glad I left my settings alone. 4 uses today on the back 9 at my home course and 2 fairways and 2 in the first cut. As long as my previous driver, maybe longer with a very controlled ball flight. Very impressed with this today. Kept the face at neutral and the heavy weight in the heel. It is going to stay there for life now.

I played with the settings some today on the range....I still seem to get the best ball flight with it set to open and the weights set to the draw position. I am hitting a nice 10 yard fade with it in that setting.

I thought changing it to the "straight" setting and leaving the weights where they are might straighten it out...but I seem to slice it in that setting....kinda strange.

I couldn't wait for the weekend, and left work a little early to play a few holes with my "new" RAZR Fit with the regular flex shaft. First hole I striped one 260 down the center of the fairway, and wound up with a birdie. I am measuring my drives with GPS, and I consider anything over 250 to be an awesome drive for me. Next hole I tried to hit a high fade and overcooked it a bit so my distance wasn't so great. Next hole was a 420 yard par 4, and hit it 271, again right down the middle. Shot 38 for the 9, and only missed 1 fairway (a tremendous pull hook into the deep rough).

I caught up with some foursomes on the 8th hole, so instead of following them to the back I decided to play the front 9 again, but from the tips. The second time around I was 2 under after 6 holes, but bogeyed in for a 37. I had 4 more drives of over 250, and on that long par 4 where I hit 271 the first time around, I hit the ball 287 this time and was actually closer to the hole than before. The final two holes were into a breeze, and I hit drives that felt solid but kind of ballooned up and only traveled about 220. I will blame the wind partially, but I also think I kind of popped those up.

Overall I was very pleased. I think I am going to have some angry competitors in my foursome Sunday morning.

Rough day with the Fit yesterday, had a hard time getting off the tee in general with the driver or 3w. Had several great drives though, and I noticed that since putting the 12g weight back in the club instead of the 10g my distances have been better. I was averaging around 275 with the 10g/2g but I am around 285 with the 12g/2g. Now just need to make sure I keep it in the fairway.

Inconsistent day yesterday. Had one of the best drives of the year on hole 1. Had a manageable drive on hole 2 - holes 4 and 5 were 7 - and hole 9 was playable. I think I just need more time to get used to the weighting.

Just got back from the range. Haven't hit balls in a week. Rough start and the wind was howling. Killed the Fit. The ball just bore right through the wind and was landing in the same spots in normally does even though there was a good 10-15 mph wind in my face. I really love this driver!

Back