Callaway Super Hybrid

SH ship date moved to 3/30

Not down to wait for that.

The lofted down 17 and 23 were fantastic again this morning, off the tee at 16* it is long and a very reliable fade flight. Off the deck no problem hitting it and with a slightly lower flight runs out a bit.

The 23 down to 22 was great into the wind playing the longer par 3's just easy to hit and stops quick.

I hope this honeymoon never ends...

True, but a hybrid costing more than $300 is expensive no matter what eye is beholding it.
Nah. Not necessarily. People put different values on what qualifies as expensive.

Beauty is as always, options mean if it’s not for someone, they don’t have to buy it.(y)

To me this is not a hybrid, well it is a hybrid of a FW and a hybrid which is better than both.
For me a slower swing speed old guy that can hit a club this short in length (the 17*) the same distance as a 4 wood is huge.

To me this is not a hybrid, well it is a hybrid of a FW and a hybrid which is better than both.
For me a slower swing speed old guy that can hit a club this short in length (the 17*) the same distance as a 4 wood is huge.

this. sums up my thoughts perfectly. and it doesn’t go left, which is such a huge confidence builder for someone who worries about hybrid hooks.

Nah. Not necessarily. People put different values on what qualifies as expensive.

Beauty is as always, options mean if it’s not for someone, they don’t have to buy it.(y)

Too true. Like the new PXG's at $425 per iron.

SH ship date moved to 3/30

Not down to wait for that.

Unreal... I don’t understand the issues. Do you think demand was higher than they thought? I can’t think of what else it would be

It appears that most went 1/2 inch shorter... That’s what I’m going to do too...
Mine is half an inch short now.
Ordered mine 1/2 short
I put a different shaft in it playing at 41 which is a half inch shorter.

when taking a 1/2 inch off, is it done from the butt or the tip?
If it is done from the butt, do you feel the difference in your hands with the thickness of the grip?

Unreal... I don’t understand the issues. Do you think demand was higher than they thought? I can’t think of what else it would be
I feel like they haven't even been distributed yet? I have yet to see one up in Canada at Golftown, and my course is a Callaway Fitting Center and they don't have any either.

Good feedback guys.
I'm really interested in a 17* to replace my 3 wood but if its poor on thin strikes I cant see it being much more useful. I'm so shallow that thin is my life.
I haven’t been thin in my life! Oh wait, you were talking about golf shots!

If it is done from the butt, do you feel the difference in your hands with the thickness of the grip?

1/2 inch from the butt end. It doesn’t feel any different to me as far as thickness.

True, but a hybrid costing more than $300 is expensive no matter what eye is beholding it.
jacked pricing is needed to keep up with the launch prices of other products

jacked pricing is needed to keep up with the launch prices of other products
That’s funny.

OR, and this is wild, the fact that they’ve never done anything like this necessitated a higher price.

I think that’s got to be it. Maybe @JB knows better though?

The shaft I have in my 17* has a little bit taken from the tip...but it was built that way from my buddy at Callaway. He doesn’t remember what length he made the shaft though :(

I wouldn’t think trimming would really change the feel of a shaft when you take a minimal amount off

The shaft I have in my 17* has a little bit taken from the tip...but it was built that way from my buddy at Callaway. He doesn’t remember what length he made the shaft though :(

I wouldn’t think trimming would really change the feel of a shaft when you take a minimal amount off
Thanks for the info!!

pretty unexpected. this was released last year. how could they be so far behind in production?

I just cut it a 1/2 inch on the butt end and regripped it... I don’t feel any difference in my hands...

I just cut it a 1/2 inch on the butt end and regripped it... I don’t feel any difference in my hands...
Thanks!

2nd round with the 17° today on the course...
I used it off the tee on 4 holes, my playing partner hit his 3W on one of the holes where I hit the Super Hybrid, and I was longer than he was by about 10 yards (we both hit well struck shots).

I had some success off the deck today also (unlike yesterday). I continue to notice a fade bias, as my normal Miss is left, but I have hit nothing but high cuts with this club.

The distances that I’m seeing is impressive, I only hit one of those thin worm burners off the deck that I mentioned yesterday. I did concentrate on staying down today, and that helped.

Back