Callaway Super Hybrid

I would love to hit my driver like that, but its not going to happen unless it is downwind in 20 mph breeze and hit a downhill fairway.

just catching up with the last 3 pages and its crazy to me how many people are complaining about the price.... the club flat out performs and thats most important, but it also comes with a Tensei Pro orange ($200 upcharge for the Mavrik Hybrids...$450 total for that combo)

I love mine and have no plans on looking for a fairway wood this year. the 17* is my 3 / 4 wood option. Ball speeds are incredible and accuracy is better than anything ive hit to this point

also does anyone know if there are weights to swap out with this? I found epic flash hybrid weights but haven't seen anything for the super hybrid

also does anyone know if there are weights to swap out with this? I found epic flash hybrid weights but haven't seen anything for the super hybrid
I bought the flash hybrid 14 gr weight from Billy Bobs and it fit perfectly

Just found this thread and this may be exactly what im looking for. The courses i play the most i hit my driver too long for a lot of holes due to either a horizontal hazard or bunkers in the fairway/in front of the green or due to leaving me with awkward yardages. I would be using it almost exclusively for tee shots as a i very rarely find myself out the type of yardage to require hitting this from the fairway. I have an epic flash 18 degree 5 wood that i use off the tee a lot, how would yall compare the distance from this club to your 5 wood if you game one? I would think this would be more consistent than a 5 for me and if in the rare case i ever needed it off the deck i'd be able to hit this better than a 5 off the deck.

I bought the flash hybrid 14 gr weight from Billy Bobs and it fit perfectly

I guess I haven't looked too close but are the flash and super hybrid weights different sizes/shapes?

Just found this thread and this may be exactly what im looking for. The courses i play the most i hit my driver too long for a lot of holes due to either a horizontal hazard or bunkers in the fairway/in front of the green or due to leaving me with awkward yardages. I would be using it almost exclusively for tee shots as a i very rarely find myself out the type of yardage to require hitting this from the fairway. I have an epic flash 18 degree 5 wood that i use off the tee a lot, how would yall compare the distance from this club to your 5 wood if you game one? I would think this would be more consistent than a 5 for me and if in the rare case i ever needed it off the deck i'd be able to hit this better than a 5 off the deck.

I think the 17* is pretty comparable to a 5w.... Ive found my super hybrid to be lower launching and lower spinning than when I had an m6 5w. That 5w launched higher with a little bit more spin but ball speeds were pretty close. Super hybrid is easier to hit and a better tee option in my opinion. a bad strike with the 5w would balloon and lose distance but I haven't seen that from the hybrid

I guess I haven't looked too close but are the flash and super hybrid weights different sizes/shapes?
They are slightly different in look but fit just fine

I think the 17* is pretty comparable to a 5w.... Ive found my super hybrid to be lower launching and lower spinning than when I had an m6 5w. That 5w launched higher with a little bit more spin but ball speeds were pretty close. Super hybrid is easier to hit and a better tee option in my opinion. a bad strike with the 5w would balloon and lose distance but I haven't seen that from the hybrid
This is what i was thinking, for some reason when i hit a hybrid i am able to make a nice smooth swing but for whatever reason whenever i have a wood in my hands no matter how hard i try not to i always "swing for the fences" lol so i think this would help me be more consistent off the tee on these holes. My 5 wood off the tee goes about 260ish so wanna make sure i wouldn't hit this much if any farther that my 5 or i'll end up in the same situation im in with my driver and 3 wood.

This is what i was thinking, for some reason when i hit a hybrid i am able to make a nice smooth swing but for whatever reason whenever i have a wood in my hands no matter how hard i try not to i always "swing for the fences" lol so i think this would help me be more consistent off the tee on these holes. My 5 wood off the tee goes about 260ish so wanna make sure i wouldn't hit this much if any farther that my 5 or i'll end up in the same situation im in with my driver and 3 wood.
We're pretty close in distance then. Ive always loved hitting fairway woods but hardly ever had a use for them. The super hybrid replaced my 3w and 5w. There are very few times on a par 5 where I need a wood to reach in 2. The hybrid gets you that versatility of a hybrid in the bag and eliminates 2 clubs at the top for me

We're pretty close in distance then. Ive always loved hitting fairway woods but hardly ever had a use for them. The super hybrid replaced my 3w and 5w. There are very few times on a par 5 where I need a wood to reach in 2. The hybrid gets you that versatility of a hybrid in the bag and eliminates 2 clubs at the top for me
Great, this feedback is just what i was looking for. Definitely would take out the 5w, never thought about also being able to take out the 3w, that would be nice if i can have so much versatility in one club. Looks like i'll have to go try to test one out soon.

Great, this feedback is just what i was looking for. Definitely would take out the 5w, never thought about also being able to take out the 3w, that would be nice if i can have so much versatility in one club. Looks like i'll have to go try to test one out soon.
This is the exact reason why I'm demoing them. I feel it will give me versatility in my bag if they work as well as they have for others

Hit the 23 degree today. Had somewhat mixed results with it and did not have my best swing going. I think there is definite potential though. I will say it might be the most fade biased hybrid I've hit. For people that really struggle with hooks with hybrids this should really be one to look at.

I hit the 23° at a demo day today, ended up ordering one. I had originally intended it as a replacement for my current (Ping) 5H, but if yardages I see are like they were today, it'll end up replacing my 3H, or maybe even 5W!

My miss with my current hybrids is a nasty hook. I put a few bad swings on the Super Hybrid, but never managed to hook one, so it looks like the fade bias will play in my favor. I hit the Mavrik 23° hybrid also, but I was hitting the Super Hybrid better, straighter and farther. The clubhead on the SH is definitely bigger than the Mavrik, but doesn't bother me in the least. I've always hated the look of my Ping hybrids at address, they look like a swollen pickle - the SH looks more like a small fairway wood, and is more confidence inspiring to me. I was kinda 'meh' about the square toe when I first picked it up, but it's not objectionable at all at address.

They are slightly different in look but fit just fine

Do you know the stock weight in the super hybrid? And I just realized you're talking about the flash woods weights to use, not flash hybrid weights!!

No it has to be the Hybrid weights, the Flash, EPIC, BB and Super use the same size weights. mine had a 7 gram and I wanted to bring the SW up after I put the GD AD DI 85H shaft in and put the 14 gram in and it came up to D2-D3 right where I wanted it.

sorry im just not getting it. The flash hybrid weight is a pentagon and the super is a circle.... I trust ya since you've made it work but just doesnt make sense to me lol

Super 7 gr on the left, new one is from Billy bobs15816013895862003265879850443127.jpg15816014258231161969922500090196.jpg

Last edited:
I was just in Edwin watts and see what you mean about the flash hybrid weight. It is certainly different, I must have read the ad wrong and it was the other models it fit.

Love my Rogue hybrids, but all the talk here has me pondering one of these to go in my 5W/3H spot. This definitely seems like one I'll need to get out and hit though as I'm not sure which lofts will work best where.

I had a 20 in my hand and resisted the buying urge. I hate to pay full price only to have to change the shaft anyway.

Wanted to hit this at the range tonight but someone else was demoing it. Maybe next time

This club is a doozy! But you guys already know that.

Back