Callaway Tour Grind MD2 Wedge Review

I really can't explain it, but I hit the 54 and 58 MD2 Tour Grinds longer (about 10 yards) with more spin than any other 54/58 wedges I have ever owned to include Vokey, Ping and other Callaway.

Sometimes things just click man, nothing wrong with that!

These things are so so good man! I absolutely love mine.

I'm pondering a switch from the MD2 I've had since The Grandaddy. What differences have you seen from switching to these?

I'm pondering a switch from the MD2 I've had since The Grandaddy. What differences have you seen from switching to these?

If you want, check out the review for all the structural/design differences.

Much more xforged (OG ones) than md2 imo.

If you want, check out the review for all the structural/design differences.

Much more xforged (OG ones) than md2 imo.

I've read-up on the design differences, just curious of playing differences specific to MD2... Also wondering if these would be better for the tight, hard lies of the course I usually play. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've read-up on the design differences, just curious of playing differences specific to MD2... Also wondering if these would be better for the tight, hard lies of the course I usually play. Thanks!

That all depends on the swing. For me, they are, and I play hardpan year round.

That all depends on the swing. For me, they are, and I play hardpan year round.
Ok, great! Just read the review again and it sounds like I could benefit from these. Thanks, again!

This is what mine looks like. The real treat is the look of the face. From the 4th groove down it's rather raw and looks awesome while the rest is rusted a little without glare.

Would you mind taking me a face pic?

I think I'm going to add a 54. I really like the SM5, but I really really like these.

I think I'm going to add a 54. I really like the SM5, but I really really like these.

You should man. I'm most likely going to go 54/58 this year. They are that good for me, I don't think I can leave them.

You should man. I'm most likely going to go 54/58 this year. They are that good for me, I don't think I can leave them.

I just bought Cace's 54/58 T grinds and anxious to get some range time in with them. I'll be honest it will be hard to push the SM5's out of the bag, but I've got to at least give these a fair shake given all the great comments from the guys gaming these.

I just bought Cace's 54/58 T grinds and anxious to get some range time in with them. I'll be honest it will be hard to push the SM5's out of the bag, but I've got to at least give these a fair shake given all the great comments from the guys gaming these.

I'll be interested to see how it goes for you. No doubt the sm5s are great, should be a good battle.

I was swinging these good at the end of the season.
hope you like them.

Would you mind taking me a face pic?

Here's a picture of about 1/2 hard season.

As you can see, from about the 4th or 5th groove and down is more metal colored (raw) than the top without any micro-grooves visible at all. Just ignore that nasty toe strike scar :alien:

Here's a picture of about 1/2 hard season.

As you can see, from about the 4th or 5th groove and down is more metal colored (raw) than the top without any micro-grooves visible at all. Just ignore that nasty toe strike scar :alien:

I like that look

I like that look

It's WAY more evident and attractive in natural light. You can't go wrong with either Slate or Chrome, both among the best finishes for wedges out there.

I went with the slate in the 54 and 60, after having the chrome in the 52 and 58 that I had prior to these. I did find some glare from the 58 when opening the face which led me to go with the slate. I haven't gotten too much use on them yet, but I have always liked the way the slate finish wears.

Jumped and added the 54.

Very pleased I finally went 54 as well. Finally found a wedge combo that I'm confident and comfortable standing over.

That's great dude. I'm excited to get ready for next season and wedges will be a first purchase.

I have been eyeing these for the straighter leading edge.

Anyway, I'm sure some others saw this tonight, but these are available on Callaway Pre Owned now (previously there would be just one or two here and there in the clearance section). Next time they run a nice % off special, I'll probably pick up a 58.

I have been eyeing these for the straighter leading edge.

Anyway, I'm sure some others saw this tonight, but these are available on Callaway Pre Owned now (previously there would be just one or two here and there in the clearance section). Next time they run a nice % off special, I'll probably pick up a 58.

I've been really pondering these as well. I need a completely new wedge set.

I've been playing a 54/58 setup since December and they have been fantastic. I was coming from a Vokey SM4 set and love the change. The MD2T does everything I ask and is more versatile than my previous setup. I really like the straight leading edge as well as the hell relief of the grind, together you get a wedge that you can hit many different shots with. Both are exceptional from the sand as well. They are definitely worth a look.

Last edited:
Really considering moving back to these after the Hogan review wraps up way down the road.

Clearly only makes sense to rock the Chev as much as humanly possible leading into December.

Maybe 52/56 to go with the 60 PM.....hmmmm....

Back