Callaway XR16 Driver Review Thread

20 THPers are going to be testing this driver out on FlightScope this weekend and will be putting their thoughts together here.

Sounds like a great way to spend a weekend! Can't wait to hear their thoughts.

Liking the looks of this. Really like that they went away from as much red and went to mainly blue. Now to see how it performs. Was looking at picking up an XR now I think I might have to wait a bit and see how this perfroms.

I love my XR driver, this will get a few swing when they hit stores

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

What's it cost to have Boeing help design something? They aren't known for their low rates.

What's it cost to have Boeing help design something? They aren't known for their low rates.

Probably wasn't cheap. I look forward to testing the claims.

very nice looking club

I think they look good, not great but good. I like the deeper face of the pro more so I would probably lean that way. I think the top is an improvement over the last XR. Will be interesting to see the numbers the testers get hitting these.

I have to be dead honest, I spent my time with RFC in Cali, then did my fitting and wandered into the putting studio on Cloud 9, I never even hit this at The Grandaddy, obviously baffled I forgot to but my mind was in a very happy place regardless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Pro head looks fantastic, and I like that the XR has a 13.5* option still.

With the aerodynamics being improved would it be fair to say we should all gain some club head speed with this offering?

Like the look of the pro head myself. I would love to gives these a few swings.

9 degree pro please. These look and sound great.

i am having a hard time figuring out where this driver plays in the linup.. GBB, Alpha and now the XR16?

i am having a hard time figuring out where this driver plays in the linup.. GBB, Alpha and now the XR16?

Pretty much the same as it did last year.
You had Alpha, DBD and then XR

right, and i couldnt' figure it out last year either.

right, and i couldnt' figure it out last year either.

Double Black Diamond is for better golfers.
Great Big Bertha is designed for all golfers.

XR16 - Speed and Forgiveness
XR16 Pro - Speed and Forgiveness for the better players

Just depends on whether you want something built for speed or not.

This thing was a bomber for me. I will save the thoughts to the THPers that test it out this weekend with the FlightScope data, but I love the sound, its explosive and offers a totally different feel than that of GBB or DBD. The sound reminds me if GBB and XR from last year got together and had a baby, a big bad arse baby, its like that.

It has this fierce like design when you take the headcover off that is kind of inspiring in a modern technology kind of way. I think people are really going to like it.

Can't wait to try it out on Sat. and see if I can get one out past 220 with either club, with my spastic swing I never know if I will load it up or just swat at it. Going to be fun to see the numbers.

Question for all The Grandaddy guys that hit these: I know it wasn't part of the fitting, but would any of you have picked the XR16 or XR16 Pro over the GBB/816 if it was an option?

Question for all The Grandaddy guys that hit these: I know it wasn't part of the fitting, but would any of you have picked the XR16 or XR16 Pro over the GBB/816 if it was an option?
For me the 8 or 10 balls 8 hit just isn't enough to say.

Im close. Was in a unique case because I was not fit at the Grandaddy since I already had my clubs, but I hit them head to head today and that fierce sound that the XR16 offers is something I really like. Going to play it this weekend with THPers to get a better idea.

I love the looks of this. The feel of last years with the combination tennis racket/baseball bat impact was fantastic! I hope it's stayed the same! Sound never bothered me.

To anyone that has seen this. Would you say the regular XR 16 footprint is about as large as say the G30 or Fly Z ? Looks like it very sweeping with a lower profile face.

Hands down this driver will surprise alot of people. So easy to elevate the ball, and the stock shaft will fit alot more people that the previous stock offers did. Can't wait for Jan. 29th to arrive so I can get one in my bag.

I never got a chance to hit it between lessons with RFC, putter fitting etc. Not sure how I missed it.

Back