Callaway XR16 Pro Driver Review Thread

I've actually given it the boot... subzero took its place

Damn I didn't see it in the market place bro....with the 6.5 HZRDUS black hahaha

Damn I didn't see it in the market place bro....with the 6.5 HZRDUS black hahaha
Haha it never made it to MP, swiped well ahead lol

Of course...I need to act quickly and keep my eye on you dude.

I've actually given it the boot... subzero took its place

wow. I didn't think that would happen so fast. I thought you and the pro had a connection going

Sometimes you have to be quicker than the marketplace...

not surprised at you. You killed it on the courses with this one.

The funniest part is that I joked with Kang at Club Clash that I would look for his XR16 Pro in two weeks on the marketplace.

Nine days later...

The funniest part is that I joked with Kang at Club Clash that I would look for his XR16 Pro in two weeks on the marketplace.

Nine days later...
7 days longer than I thought it would take. This is going to be a beast in your hands.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Nine days later...

The way he was talking about the sub zero two weeks was going to be a stretch.

Just got done hitting every driver at Golfsmith including the xr16 pro and the only thing that beat out the xr16 pro was the ping G LS tech which I bought. My M1 and the xr16 Pro were identical in large numbers than carry in total distance

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

This may be the only driver I want to hit (which I have not hit yet). I am intrigued, especially given emart's experience and atlgolfer's results.

Good grief, I don't need anything now, but pondering sure is fun!!

This may be the only driver I want to hit (which I have not hit yet). I am intrigued, especially given emart's experience and atlgolfer's results.

Honestly, it's been a while since I was that excited about a driver.

There were a lot of really good offerings at Club Clash. But this one was head and shoulders the best for me.

Looking forward to putting it in play.

the he first swing I took with it on the range at club clash made me want to hit it again. The sound is something I like in a driver. Not too soft but nowhere near being loud. The ball feels like it explodes off the face. It became pretty addicting and I wanted to spend more time on the course with it last weekend but knew some other guys wanted to to like a certain lawyer quoted below. One range session in with it (about 10 swings and I am enjoying it, have another one tonight depending on weather.)

There were a lot of really good offerings at Club Clash. But this one was head and shoulders the best for me.

i think you had that twinkle in the eyes when you hit sat on the course. You were raving about it Sunday. It is a very addicting driver.

Are you going to be dropping the shaft from your BBA 815 in there or going with something else?

So now you're going to outdrive me by 40 yards instead of 30 yards with this. Great. :alien:

Are you going to be dropping the shaft from your BBA 815 in there or going with something else?

So now you're going to outdrive me by 40 yards instead of 30 yards with this. Great. :alien:

I'm going to put the Rogue in it from the BBA 815. Love that shaft, and I think it will be a very nice pairing with the XR16 Pro.

I just hit an XR16 Pro outside for the first time. It sets up absolutely beautifully behind the ball. I took a few swings with it compared to my Alpha 815, the feel and the sound were night and day different. With the XR Pro I felt like a spring like effect off the face that just felt absolutely crushed. I only hit a couple balls because it felt so good it made me not want to hit mine anymore. Ponder engaged.

I'm going to put the Rogue in it from the BBA 815. Love that shaft, and I think it will be a very nice pairing with the XR16 Pro.

The one I just hit had a Rogue in it and it was a beautiful pairing. I have no numbers but it felt fantastic.

Set mine at 10 deg. today and it seemed about perfect, higher flight and still got some roll out on the drier fairways. Just so nice to hit, no stress just swing away.

Can anyone compare this to last year's xr pro? I might just grab last year's off CPO.

I just hit an XR16 Pro outside for the first time. It sets up absolutely beautifully behind the ball. I took a few swings with it compared to my Alpha 815, the feel and the sound were night and day different. With the XR Pro I felt like a spring like effect off the face that just felt absolutely crushed. I only hit a couple balls because it felt so good it made me not want to hit mine anymore. Ponder engaged.

The one I just hit had a Rogue in it and it was a beautiful pairing. I have no numbers but it felt fantastic.

I agree with the feeling compared to the 815 alpha.

So I had a pretty awesome day with the XR 16. I have been struggling swing wise but I settled in today and paired with my Grandura 590 I am getting the feel I was looking for, both during the swing and at impact. The ball is flying nice and high on well struck shots and side to side movement is controlled.

So I had a pretty awesome day with the XR 16. I have been struggling swing wise but I settled in today and paired with my Grandura 590 I am getting the feel I was looking for, both during the swing and at impact. The ball is flying nice and high on well struck shots and side to side movement is controlled.

How do you like this compared to the DBD? Obviously this is the one that's in the bag but I'm just curious as to your thoughts

I just bit the bullet and purchased the XR16 Pro...can't wait until it arrives. I almost bought this club several weeks ago when I was at a Golfsmith. I hit it up against my GBB for a few swings and had to put it down because it was instantly as long or longer and I was able to work the ball on the simulator.

The GBB is a great club, but it just seems that I have to work to hard to shape my shots, at the very least I will be having an expensive shootout for what ends up in the bag...lol

I just ordered the XR16 Pro because the moveable weight in my GBB driver kept getting loose no matter how many times I tightened it. Callaway sent me replacement parts 3 times, with the same result. GBB refunded and XR16 Pro on the way. Excellent customer service from Callaway per usual. Hope the XR16 Pro can live up to the hype!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back