CONTEST Chat with Danny Le from UST Mamiya

I was hoping to get in in time to ask a question about Recoils. Never played graphite iron shafts before. But, as I age, the idea that I could lessen the impact on my joints is intriguing. I am used to 120-130 gram steel shafts and am hesitant to go down in weight without trying them first. No fitters in the area, and finding stiff enough graphite shafts in the OEM carts is kind of tough. I know Recoils are available in 125 grams. I am curious how they compare to some of the older classic steel shafts like the X100, PX 6.5, KBS Tour, etc. Would they offer similar playing characteristics?

I am posting this here just in case someone who has experience with them wants to chime in, or if @DannyLe pops in to cover more.

Lingering question

Do utility irons fit into iron shafts or hybrid shafts more often?

There aren't a ton of hybrid exclusive shafts sadly, so in most cases, it would be iron shafts.

I was hoping to get in in time to ask a question about Recoils. Never played graphite iron shafts before. But, as I age, the idea that I could lessen the impact on my joints is intriguing. I am used to 120-130 gram steel shafts and am hesitant to go down in weight without trying them first. No fitters in the area, and finding stiff enough graphite shafts in the OEM carts is kind of tough. I know Recoils are available in 125 grams. I am curious how they compare to some of the older classic steel shafts like the X100, PX 6.5, KBS Tour, etc. Would they offer similar playing characteristics?

I am posting this here just in case someone who has experience with them wants to chime in, or if @DannyLe pops in to cover more.
That is a question I have as well. I just missed the stream.

That was a fun listen, well until I had actual work to do .. going to have to go back at lunch and listen to the rest

Danny touched on that in the video. I would say give it a watch, as he goes into detail about not only when and why Recoils were launched, but about the 125s for tour players.

Danny touched on that in the video. I would say give it a watch, as he goes into detail about not only when and why Recoils were launched, but about the 125s for tour players.
Awesome. Thanks. We're working a half day. Will watch it this afternoon.

Sad I missed this. My morning was a little busier than I wanted it to be, I need to queue this one up. @JB did he compare the current LinQ lineup to previous UST offering and which ones they play most similar to?

Great live stream. UST is easily my favorite shaft company and I agree with all his points about graphite. It's made the game much more enjoyable for me.

Sad I missed this. My morning was a little busier than I wanted it to be, I need to queue this one up. @JB did he compare the current LinQ lineup to previous UST offering and which ones they play most similar to?

Yes he sure did.

Really good stream guys! Always great to hear from Danny.

Awesome chat and great info. Good luck to all that enter the contest!

Forgot to ask this question .... Is there going to be another iteration of the ATTAS COOOL shafts? I have that in my driver currently & it's been the straightest driver I've gamed in quite some time. (y)

Forgot to ask this question .... Is there going to be another iteration of the ATTAS COOOL shafts? I have that in my driver currently & it's been the straightest driver I've gamed in quite some time. (y)
ATTAS releases every year or two and that was one of the iterations. They have had a few since then.

If Danny pops in at some point to answer questions, I've love to see if he thinks the recoils will evolve over the next few years. Have they been tweaked at all since they came out? If so how?

If Danny pops in at some point to answer questions, I've love to see if he thinks the recoils will evolve over the next few years. Have they been tweaked at all since they came out? If so how?

We talked about this. They have evolved in some weight classes and will at some point in the future.

We talked about this. They have evolved in some weight classes and will at some point in the future.

Nice. Would love to see a recoil or new graphite shaft that is mid weight, say 95-100 grams designed for high launch and spin.

This was a lot of fun and perfectly between 2 meetings!!

Just caught up on the video. That was a fun listen!

ATTAS releases every year or two and that was one of the iterations. They have had a few since then.
Maybe I should have asked a different question. I know there are other iterations in the ATTAS lineup but ....

Other than being counter balanced, what is the main difference in the Helium vs COOOL shafts?

Maybe I should have asked a different question. I know there are other iterations in the ATTAS lineup but ....

Other than being counter balanced, what is the main difference in the Helium vs COOOL shafts?

Totally different shafts from materials to EI profile.

I have the very same question.. I tried some aldila graphite shaft offerings that were 115 grams. they were ok. Just so boardy and lacked anything that remotely resembled feel.

I am curious how the recoils are.

I have the very same question.. I tried some aldila graphite shaft offerings that were 115 grams. they were ok. Just so boardy and lacked anything that remotely resembled feel.

I am curious how the recoils are.

Were you able to watch the video?

Back