checking in from Chicago

alb0t16

Reaction score
Handicap
ive been posting for a month or 2 now, but have yet to formally introduce myself:

i currently reside in Chicago, IL and have lived here most of my short life (29yo). Golf has recently become a huge obsession for me. The first time i picked up a golf club was about 15 months ago. I was a very competitive soccer and tennis player my whole life and throughout my college career until when i torn the patella tendon in my rt knee playing soccer last summer. i was forced to stop playing the sports i loved. So i turned to golf as my competitive release.

My first time out golfing a complete round last year, i shot a 135. (i still have the scorecards as i keep every scorecard i have every played since day1) Since that firsttimer experience, i have taken my handicap to a 12 and the best score i have ever posted is a 77 (+5). It all kinda clicked one day for me when i hit this memorable shot (a 7 iron from 175 that stuck 6in from pin). i cant really explain what 'clicked' persay, but i have been cruising ever since. Ive never tried a different golf brand other than Nike Golf because i have trusted Nike for my other sports my entire life ...

I hope to contribute to this website and get involved in future THP events down the road !!!

Welcome to THP! Nice to meet you bud. That is an impressive improvement :) keep up the great work.

Welcome to THP.

Welcome! We joined about the same time. I live an hour North of Chicago, haven't had a chance to meet up with any THPers from around here yet. And, I already dislike you for how fast you've gotten your handicap down; I kid I kid :D

Nice to meet you!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to the team!

Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to THP, glad you joined.

:welcome:

Howdie and welcome to :thp: forums :hello:

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

:wavey: :welcome:

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP and nice work lowering your handicap!

Welcome to THP officially! That is definitely an impressive improvement in your game! Good luck and looking forward to having some conversations with you on the site!

Welcome to THP. Nice job on the quick improvement. Keep up the good work there.

Welcome to THP!

chi town represent! glad to see you posting in the Chicago thread!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to Paradise!

Welcome to THP!!!

Back