Cleveland 588 Altitude Hybrid Irons Preview

Can you purchase the 4 iron individaully online?

checked TGW they just sell the 3 indiviually

try the bay, I have seen some individual Altitudes there.

Hi
Just joined the altitude club.
4-6 irons in the bag and would not mind having all of them.
I have never hit 4,5 iron this straight in my hole golf career.
Played 3 rounds with them and just getting better.

You can purchase individual clubs through Cleveland's website, too.

Found them indivually online.

How are the stock shafts? 55g seems light.

Do they play true to flex?

what is the launch characteristics of the shaft?

thanks for any input

I hit these today. I was totally shocked! Straight out of Cookies bag, they are a blast to hit. I was very skeptical initially, but these are very impressive. The look, really doesn't fit my eye, but they flat out perform.

I hit these today. I was totally shocked! Straight out of Cookies bag, they are a blast to hit. I was very skeptical initially, but these are very impressive. The look, really doesn't fit my eye, but they flat out perform.

U see anyone else experiencing the same thing with them today?

I tried multiple times but could not get anything going w/ these.

Trying to get Canadan to talk me out of these. He is not helping.

"I launch the hell out of these things"

"They are hard to not hit straight"

That's the best he can muster. 2 things I am looking for! HAHA I am going to try to hit them this weekend. I am thinking either a 5 or 6 would do the trick.

hahahaha I just saw this.. I would have given the same advice JB offered, but I was biting my tongue because I know a full set isn't realistic for you.

For those considering these are the top of their bag, I think they should look at that a lot like hybrids in general.. it's a great blend from a wood to your irons, and they offer a mess of forgiveness in most situations. They'd do great at the top of your bag brother.

I want altitudes.

U see anyone else experiencing the same thing with them today?
They were hit by a ton of people. Feed back seemed positive Mike. It takes some getting used to with the look of these. But they are fun to hit. It's one of those clubs you hit and chuckle. It's just feels that easy

hahahaha I just saw this.. I would have given the same advice JB offered, but I was biting my tongue because I know a full set isn't realistic for you.

For those considering these are the top of their bag, I think they should look at that a lot like hybrids in general.. it's a great blend from a wood to your irons, and they offer a mess of forgiveness in most situations. They'd do great at the top of your bag brother.
Totally agree Dan, CWBONNER has a blended set of these, mt's and something else. He said he really enjoys them

They were hit by a ton of people. Feed back seemed positive Mike. It takes some getting used to with the look of these. But they are fun to hit. It's one of those clubs you hit and chuckle. It's just feels that easy

Yeah stupid easy pretty much sums it up

Totally agree Dan, CWBONNER has a blended set of these, mt's and something else. He said he really enjoys them

I love that you got to take a few swats with them dude.. They just don't make sense in every way, until the contact is made and you're busy looking at the ball in flight and not the club itself haha!

Picked up some of the sticky tungsten squares (http://www.golfgalaxy.com/SS12GWRUB...87_GooglePLA&gclid=CPLh97fjmrcCFSpnOgodTXsAKQ) last night to experiment with adding a little weight to these and see if I can get the feel more to my liking with the lighter shafts.

Anyone have any experience with these (or other lead tape) on these clubs? They're just feeling a little light to me in the swing and I think my contact is suffering from "losing" the club and then getting a little handsy at impact.
Or rather than going this route, what about just some lighter grips like Winn's? Ups the swingweight. Or are they just too light overall? (and then this would only make them lighter).

Probably going to order this set by the end of the month and go with Winn Dri-Tacs and 2* upright. As far as them being too light, I hope the lighter weight will help necessitate a slower swing which is something I need to work on. I'd probably fall more into an X-Stiff rather than Stiff based on the profile of the Actionlite, so that should balance that fact as well. If all goes right of course lol

Just got back from a round of gawf hitting JB's Altitudes a lot. On the back nine, I hit them exclusively, even from the tee. Think I had 5 pars in a row and a birdie on the par 5 15th. With a couple generous gimmes from the boys, I think I was even par for that 9 holes without hitting driver or my hybrids. I will probably be back to write a more detailed review later, but to sum it up: These things are: 1) Forgiving. 2) Straight. 3) Freaking Long. FREEAAAAKING LONG.

Ummm yeah, G4L hit a par 5 in two by cutting the corner with an Altitude 4 iron and then a 6 iron to the green. Guy was a monster with these. Incredible.

It was so much fun to watch him play with these. Just long and straight. 215 yard 7 iron is impressive to see in person.

He HAS to buy these.

Hell I want them from how he was killing them.

KILLING!

Another believer....love it

Since I can't find anywhere here locally that has them, with all the buzz around here, I may have to just order one to my specs from Cleveland next week to try one out. Long and straight sounds good to me, especially the straight part.

Ummm yeah, G4L hit a par 5 in two by cutting the corner with an Altitude 4 iron and then a 6 iron to the green. Guy was a monster with these. Incredible.

Were the recoils in these?

Back