Cleveland CBX4 Wedges Review

Anyone else seeing a lower flight with pitch shots, say inside 50 yds? Could have just been my swing today but was seeing lovely little lower trajectory darts that checked up really well when I snuck out for a few holes this afternoon.

Decided to hit one over here ‘for science’ and also had no trouble opening up the face and hit a nice lofted shot. These play smaller than what they might present as.

IMG_7850.jpeg

Anyone else seeing a lower flight with pitch shots, say inside 50 yds? Could have just been my swing today but was seeing lovely little lower trajectory darts that checked up really well when I snuck out for a few holes this afternoon.

Decided to hit one over here ‘for science’ and also had no trouble opening up the face and hit a nice lofted shot. These play smaller than what they might present as.

View attachment 9240669
I felt like I could control trajectory well on partial swings, which is a definite plus. I wouldn't say I noticed a tendency for them to produce a lower flight than others unless I was trying to do that.

Tough green in that picture! You'd definitely need something to land soft.

I felt like I could control trajectory well on partial swings, which is a definite plus. I wouldn't say I noticed a tendency for them to produce a lower flight than others unless I was trying to do that.

Tough green in that picture! You'd definitely need something to land soft.
Yeah, was able to hold the back end with an opened 56 but wish I had had more loft.

I guess that’s what I get for hitting 35 yds right 🤣

Yeah, was able to hold the back end with an opened 56 but wish I had had more loft.

I guess that’s what I get for hitting 35 yds right 🤣
That's an angle I think you're just happy to have a putt from lol

View attachment 9240669
A prior CBX I had and this one always felt "jumpy" on partial swings. Difficult for me to control distance and trajectory.

A prior CBX I had and this one always felt "jumpy" on partial swings. Difficult for me to control distance and trajectory.
So far distance control has been good, noting it was 5 holes, (and discounting the two I thinned hard :cry:)

In all the scenarios I've runt these through I just haven't seen a big variance in speed or spin from shot to shot. There are the normal bad contact issues that can pop up and give weird readings on mats, but (considering my inherent swing variability) I'm seeing a pretty tight window on typical swings.

In all the scenarios I've runt these through I just haven't seen a big variance in speed or spin from shot to shot. There are the normal bad contact issues that can pop up and give weird readings on mats, but (considering my inherent swing variability) I'm seeing a pretty tight window on typical swings.
that's pretty impressive. Really like what Cleveland is doing with their wedge lineup and what they have going on with the face tech.

that's pretty impressive. Really like what Cleveland is doing with their wedge lineup and what they have going on with the face tech.
I'm going to use them to take money from you.

I'm going to use them to take money from you.
that's like getting blood from a stone. But if anyone can do it.

When you are in setup, this wedge looks incredibly traditional to me. It sets up so well and really inspires confidence

When you are in setup, this wedge looks incredibly traditional to me. It sets up so well and really inspires confidence
I set it down next to my AW and Zipcore yesterday while I was warming up at the range. They flow pretty much perfectly.

I set it down next to my AW and Zipcore yesterday while I was warming up at the range. They flow pretty much perfectly.
They really do. Cleveland did such a great job of blending with these

They really do. Cleveland did such a great job of blending with these
Last week for s***s and giggles I took a smartsole chipper, the Srixon XZ4 AW, the CBX4, Zipcore, and Fullface 2, and they went perfectly looking down at them. I was really impressed. Would think that based on the "type" of player that should have each of those clubs you would think they would not flow so perfectly.

Last week for s***s and giggles I took a smartsole chipper, the Srixon XZ4 AW, the CBX4, Zipcore, and Fullface 2, and they went perfectly looking down at them. I was really impressed. Would think that based on the "type" of player that should have each of those clubs you would think they would not flow so perfectly.
I reckon the Smart Sole 64 will be a good match to cap off my CBX4's then 🤔

Loving the 52*. I am having some growing pains with the 58. I should figure it out.

This kind of strike pattern is why these are on my mind for this year.

IMG_7865.jpeg

I reckon the Smart Sole 64 will be a good match to cap off my CBX4's then 🤔
Works well with my CBX's (Not 4's....yet)

I am struggling with the CBX 4. I have the 80 gram graphite shafts in a 46 and 52. Splurged on custom paint fill so I am stuck and will probably sell while perfect. Probably technique but much prefer my G430HL 45.5 and 50.

I am struggling with the CBX 4. I have the 80 gram graphite shafts in a 46 and 52. Splurged on custom paint fill so I am stuck and will probably sell while perfect. Probably technique but much prefer my G430HL 45.5 and 50.
What in particular are you struggling with?

Do you have the 35g or 45g Fuji shaft in your ping HL’s ? Either way. Going 40g heavier in your wedges could be a pretty noticeable change.

Do you have the 35g or 45g Fuji shaft in your ping HL’s ? Either way. Going 40g heavier in your wedges could be a pretty noticeable change.
You may be right. I have the 45 gram Ping Quik Shaft in my G430 HL set. I may put the CBX4s up for sale in the THP Marketplace.

Back