Cleveland CG1 Tour Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
These beauties arrived at THP today for review and they are simply gorgeous. The CG1 is a split set of cavity backs and blades and are your classic looking players iron. Here are some pictures.

865864425_WkWUn-L-1.jpg

865864514_XL7KX-L-1.jpg

865864348_5miUs-L-1.jpg

865864296_dJz95-L-1.jpg

865864485_yGB75-L-1.jpg

865864364_AXrAb-L-1.jpg

865864296_dJz95-L-1.jpg

gorgeous!! i like the simplistic nature of the cavity and the branding. like a little silver toothpick on a stick.

Tell me they are planning to release a black pearl version of these. If they do, these will be in one of my bags for sure.

• Admin
Tell me they are planning to release a black pearl version of these. If they do, these will be in one of my bags for sure.

I do not think they are. But stranger things have happened.

Like you've been saying the companies are really stepping up their game in regards to irons. These are classic and elegant. They just look like they could cut up a course. Hopefully one day I can get my game up to par to be able just play these for a round haha.

• Admin
Like you've been saying the companies are really stepping up their game in regards to irons. These are classic and elegant. They just look like they could cut up a course. Hopefully one day I can get my game up to par to be able just play these for a round haha.

You hit the nail on the head. I thought some irons that came out last year were great irons, but this year, the companies have taken it to a whole other level.

Ok I think I like these better than the Bridgestones.... if they came in Black Pearl, I'd be all over them.

wow nice lookin irons. I wish i had the game to play these

Beautiful irons - great pics JB! Any shots of the sole?

For you bonk, anything....Here ya go.

865887464_DXzcL-L.jpg

Thanks JB! You can really see how low the offset is with that shot. I like that simple sole - so clean!

Very nice indeed! Which clubs are cavity and blade? 3-6 CB, 7-PW blade?

very sexy irons....but the CB's remind me of some older and current Mizuno irons?

3-5 and 6-pw.

Sweet, thanks.

Do you plan on doing a review? I am interested in seeing for a set of split clubs if there is any significant distance gap between the 5-iron being cavity, and the 6-iron a blade?

Anyone with a split set have that problem?

Sweet, thanks.

Do you plan on doing a review? I am interested in seeing for a set of split clubs if there is any significant distance gap between the 5-iron being cavity, and the 6-iron a blade?

Anyone with a split set have that problem?

yes a full review will done. Many split sets have that exact problem. This one is made specifically this way to eliminate the gaps.

Very nice looking clubs!! I am looking forward to the review.

Very nice looking clubs!! I am looking forward to the review.

We have 3 sets of players irons to review right now. It is going to be interesting to my game.

Man, I wish I was good enough to play such a beautiful club...oh well, back to the Game Improvement clubs for me

Now those look like players for sure. I have never played a split set, but those just look like winners. I sure like the Black Pearle look, but this is what I'd rather play. Very nice JB.

Is it me, or are the companies producing a lot of player irons again? For a while there it seemed like everything new was GI.

Those are gorgeous!! Id hit it!

Now those look like players for sure. I have never played a split set, but those just look like winners. I sure like the Black Pearle look, but this is what I'd rather play. Very nice JB.

Is it me, or are the companies producing a lot of player irons again? For a while there it seemed like everything new was GI.

I think some companies are really working on making sure that they have irons for every type of golfer.

Those are gorgeous!! Id hit it!

And you will in about 8 days.

I think some companies are really working on making sure that they have irons for every type of golfer.

And you will in about 8 days.

ha I was thinking the same thing. What are the other sets you have to review?

ha I was thinking the same thing. What are the other sets you have to review?

We have quite a bit for irons to review. Mostly players irons. The GI irons went up last week.

Back