Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

The head cover works well. It's not huge, and like you said, is very easy to get on/off.

Agree on the head cover. I thought it was going to look too goofy and that I wouldn't use it, but I really like it. I still think I would prefer a fuzzy sock, but the Classic cover is so easy to deal with.

I'm hoping to jump on the Classic train later this week as well. I wish that Fedex sent out the cool emails like UPS did!

Yep....I put some salt n' pepper on my crow. Dude, I even like the wacky looking headcover. Easy to get on and off and just fitting for the driver. I could stare at the gold sole plate for a couple of hours, looking at all the cool details. They really did a great job of "throwing" this driver back. Everything about the head looks old school.

LOL I knew you'd come along. The headcover is pretty cool IMO. Has an old look to it and is very functional. Nothing worse than a headcover that's just a pain to get on and off.

Funny I didn't even notice golf4life's headcover. And I thought it would be an eyesore. But I could not disagree more Rusty about the fuzzy sock. I hate those headcovers. I'll take the one the Classic has over the sock.

Funny I didn't even notice golf4life's headcover. And I thought it would be an eyesore. But I could not disagree more Rusty about the fuzzy sock. I hate those headcovers. I'll take the one the Classic has over the sock.

same here, I've thought about replacing the one on my M4 many times, but haven't. I think if I were to get a Mashie FW I'd use a different headcover.

Great looking combo TC! I am excited to hear how this combo works out for you. The deep face on this driver makes playing a higher lofted driver possible, so I love the idea of this shaft with the 10.5 head. Also, the headcover kicks butt!

same here, I've thought about replacing the one on my M4 many times, but haven't. I think if I were to get a Mashie FW I'd use a different headcover.

They should have offer the FW with this kind of headcover. That would have looked awesome

If my Mashie covers start to get too loose I might replace them too. So far theyre pretty snug for socks but I still don't care for them.

I don't understand why the sock headcover fad even came back. I want a headcover like what was on that Adams SuperBlack. That thing is sick.

I don't understand why the sock headcover fad even came back. I want a headcover like what was on that Adams SuperBlack. That thing is sick.

I don't either. I remember Callaway had them with the Big Bertha 460 driver line back in 2006/2007. They were the only company I remember having them at the time for drivers and fairways. We'd go in the club room at GG to grab a headcover and you'd see boxes and boxes of headcovers, and then a box of socks lol I do get why cleveland is using them on the Mashie

I agree. I guess it's all part of the retro look and theme. That Adams headcover was sick. Best headcover ever.

I don't expect most people to like the fuzzy sock, its just a personal nostalgia item for me. It was all we really had back in the 70s. I cannot tell you how many sock headcovers I bought as a Father's Day present back then.

If I do buy a Razr Fit, I will probably go back to using my Darth Vader head cover.

Last night I was pondering the Classic in the pondering thread when JB brought my lack of spin with the driver. Im not sure if my spin is still low or not but obviously low spin swing and low spin head dont mix well. So this got me thinking. I know JB is going with a 12* Classic and now Im pondering the same thing. Assuming it doesnt balloon on me which would not be an issue with the right shaft flex. Then my next ponder is the 270 or 290? I like the thought of generating more club head speed which would lead me to the 270, 12* stock stiff shaft. This should get up in the air without too much spin or too little. Any thoughts on this? Am I way off base here? I wont lie Im a little nervous of a 12* head though.

Interesting ponder Kmac.

going from 9.5 to 12 would put some doubt in my mind too Kmac. But with it being a low spin head it may be a good fit for you.

Yeah I guess its best to see what they do on the launch monitor. I have seen some 12* heads in GG too, which blew my mind to be honest. Maybe theres a reason for that.

To give you an idea when I hit the G20 I get good numbers with the 8.5 head, when I hit the Classic I get better numbers with the 10.5 head. That is a big difference, but the low CG of the PING is exactly the opposite as the deep face on the Classic.

To give you an idea when I hit the G20 I get good numbers with the 8.5 head, when I hit the Classic I get better numbers with the 10.5 head. That is a big difference, but the low CG of the PING is exactly the opposite as the deep face on the Classic.

Wow that is very interesting. Big difference there in those two driver heads. Hmm

LOL @ Kev doing some hardocre pondering right before the outing

TC holy crap gorgeous pictures. Hawk can't wait to see what happens after the lesson!!

Seriously in love with this driver. I can say that right? I'm ecstatic with my J40 but I'm a club hoe and still like to look haha.

Kmac a high loft isn't an odd thing and I think 12 might be great of you normally play a higher loft but need help with spin. The classic really kills spin like the J40 and its partially why I went with a 10.5. Sure glad I did.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Yeah but 12* just scares me to death TMex. I need to hit them and see what happens I guess. I was pretty smitten with golf4lifes classic. Secretly. haha

Yeah but 12* just scares me to death TMex. I need to hit them and see what happens I guess. I was pretty smitten with golf4lifes classic. Secretly. haha

Lol. TourMac in xflex!!!!!! I understand man. I'm glad you're gonna hit them first, my thought is you're gonna love the 12* with how much this head can kill spin, the extra launch should help. I guess it depends on shaft choice too! Now I'm confused for you haha.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

I pondered the same, Kmac, but just couldn't commit without being able to try it first.

I pondered the same, Kmac, but just couldn't commit without being able to try it first.

You'll get used to the 10.5*. Don't worry Hawk. I've been hitting it better and better as I've had more experiences with it...I have your exact setup.

You'll get used to the 10.5*. Don't worry Hawk. I've been hitting it better and better as I've had more experiences with it...I have your exact setup.

Nah, I know it dude. I was talking about the 12° head. I was hitting the Amplifier like garbage too. Just need somebody to tell me what I'm doing wrong again. It appears I need that every two or three weeks lol.

Back