Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

Nah, I know it dude. I was talking about the 12° head. I was hitting the Amplifier like garbage too. Just need somebody to tell me what I'm doing wrong again. It appears I need that every two or three weeks lol.

Ah, gotcha. I've put some bad swings on this driver, no doubt. That's the toughest thing...consistency. Some days I'll bomb it and others I'll be pushing and slicing it all over the place. The nature of the beast, my friend.

Ah, gotcha. I've put some bad swings on this driver, no doubt. That's the toughest thing...consistency. Some days I'll bomb it and others I'll be pushing and slicing it all over the place. The nature of the beast, my friend.

For sure. When I demo'd it I was on an upswing, which was fortunate.

As for launch, I don't think it launches that much lower than anything else I've been hitting. The AMP is 9.5 and they aren't that far off in terms of height. I want to see the numbers though.

Lol. TourMac in xflex!!!!!! I understand man. I'm glad you're gonna hit them first, my thought is you're gonna love the 12* with how much this head can kill spin, the extra launch should help. I guess it depends on shaft choice too! Now I'm confused for you haha.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

lmao. Glad Im not the only one. Guess its a good thing the outing is coming up huh

I pondered the same, Kmac, but just couldn't commit without being able to try it first.

Im watching your thoughts on the Classic dude. I know you pondered the 12* too so Im curious how the 10.5* works for u.

Yeah but 12* just scares me to death TMex. I need to hit them and see what happens I guess. I was pretty smitten with golf4lifes classic. Secretly. haha

Huh, I thought I saw you fondling it in unnatural ways out of the corner of my eye.

Anyways you hit a couple solid drives with this for sure. Much straighter and longer than the other driver you were testing.

For sure. When I demo'd it I was on an upswing, which was fortunate.

As for launch, I don't think it launches that much lower than anything else I've been hitting. The AMP is 9.5 and they aren't that far off in terms of height. I want to see the numbers though.

Definitely doesn't launch low for me. I've hit some high fades with this driver easily. It's gotta be the C. Kua combined with the fact that I'm a high-ball hitter as is. I really like the stock shaft, but I'm still hawkpondering a Kusala Blue...

lmao. Glad Im not the only one. Guess its a good thing the outing is coming up huh

Im watching your thoughts on the Classic dude. I know you pondered the 12* too so Im curious how the 10.5* works for u.

I'm hoping to get a lesson tonight. If not, I'll try for Wednesday. I'll book 30 minutes on the monitor afterwards to get some numbers.

I just watched one of the LPGA players absolutely murdering the ball with this thing. I mean MURDERING IT. I have never seen her before and her name is not on her bag, but I will get a picture this week. Here is the best part. She turns to her caddie and says "That is what I call Classic".

Huh, I thought I saw you fondling it in unnatural ways out of the corner of my eye.

Anyways you hit a couple solid drives with this for sure. Much straighter and longer than the other driver you were testing.

Busted! That last part was very true. And straight is a very good thing too.

I just watched one of the LPGA players absolutely murdering the ball with this thing. I mean MURDERING IT. I have never seen her before and her name is not on her bag, but I will get a picture this week. Here is the best part. She turns to her caddie and says "That is what I call Classic".

That is awesome. Can't wait for the pics!

her name is not on her bag

Hope she doesnt have a staff bag then. Only real players should have a staff bag & all staff bags should be personalized. :alien:

Could you tell what shaft she had in it?

How would you guys that have hit this describe the sound? It was something that stuck out to me when golf4life hit his which is a lot different when I hit it lol. I like how it sounds.

How would you guys that have hit this describe the sound? It was something that stuck out to me when golf4life hit his which is a lot different when I hit it lol. I like how it sounds.

I'd describe the sound of it to be a muted thwack. It seems to be one of the most quiet, subtle sounds coming off of a new driver these days in my opinion. I really like it.

I tried to figure that out myself, but struggled for the words. It's not muted. Not super high pitched. A little loud, but nothing crazy. Kind of clanky like a garbage can lid maybe? That's a horrible comparison, but that's all I have right now. I like it.

whatever he hits always sounds different from whatever I hit haha

lol. Yea, I don't really know. I need to hit again and think it over.

Hope she doesnt have a staff bag then. Only real players should have a staff bag & all staff bags should be personalized. :alien:

Could you tell what shaft she had in it?

It looked like the C. Kua standard a little bit. I didnt get closer until it was in the bag and she was talking to the caddie.

Kmacsan - I never used my 30 minutes on the monitor last night, which is probably good because I was not swinging as good as I'd like anyway.

I will say that I peeked a few times after better swings during my lesson and was seeing launch angles in the 10-11° range with spin numbers anywhere from 2200 to 2800. Poor swings were in the mid 3000's for spin, which doesn't sound great, but my normal spin rates for a swiper swing are usually in the low to mid 4's.

The good swings had me pretty encouraged. I think if I can get my swing speed back up to where it was I'll be hitting some big drives.

Kmacsan - I never used my 30 minutes on the monitor last night, which is probably good because I was not swinging as good as I'd like anyway.

I will say that I peeked a few times after better swings during my lesson and was seeing launch angles in the 10-11° range with spin numbers anywhere from 2200 to 2800. Poor swings were in the mid 3000's for spin, which doesn't sound great, but my normal spin rates for a swiper swing are usually in the low to mid 4's.

The good swings had me pretty encouraged. I think if I can get my swing speed back up to where it was I'll be hitting some big drives.

Im not sure Ive ever seen a 10* launch lol. Thanks for the update Hawk. Get that swing where you like it and then jump on the monitor, nothing worse then the monitor telling you what you already know and dont like lol.

Im not sure Ive ever seen a 10* launch lol. Thanks for the update Hawk. Get that swing where you like it and then jump on the monitor, nothing worse then the monitor telling you what you already know and dont like lol.

No doubt. It's always awesome to see you're as bad or worse than you thought. You should have seen it before the lesson :\

I figure launch will get up there a little more with a bit more speed. I will say that the weak sauce I was putting on the driver still gave me a marginally acceptable carry number just by virtue of the lower spin.

No doubt. It's always awesome to see you're as bad or worse than you thought. You should have seen it before the lesson :\

I figure launch will get up there a little more with a bit more speed. I will say that the weak sauce I was putting on the driver still gave me a marginally acceptable carry number just by virtue of the lower spin.

Im actually very curious about the 270 so I can get a little more swing speed out of it. Did you consider the 270?

Im actually very curious about the 270 so I can get a little more swing speed out of it. Did you consider the 270?

IceJack says if you swing over 90 MPH stay away from the 270 hehe

I didn't really think about the 270 because of the success I've had in the past with the C Kua 43S that comes in the 290.

Back