Cleveland Golf New TFI Smart Square Putter

Wonder if we will see a blade version of this one similar to the original Smart Square. This mallet looks better than the previous version IMO but still more interested in the blade version with copper.

THIS IS A PRESS RELEASE

CLEVELAND GOLF INTRODUCES NEW TFI SMART SQUARE PUTTER

HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA – April 17, 2015 – Cleveland® Golf , the leader in short game innovation for players of all abilities, is pleased to introduce the new TFI Smart Square® putter. The TFI (True Feel Innovation) Smart Square putter is the most advanced putter that the company has ever created. The tour-inspired design features a milled, copper-infused face cap over a copolymer insert for the ultimate in feel and consistency. The combination of materials allows for immediate feedback from sound and feel when striking the ball, while the putter’s copolymer insert creates soft feel and consistent speed across the club face. The TFI Smart Square putter, which features Smart Square alignment technology, couples a High Density Stabilizing Wing with a Low Density Aluminum Body resulting in increased head MOI for greater stability and minimal distance loss on off-center hits.

Smart Square Alignment Technology

Following intensive research into the most successful putters of all time and what golfers focus on when they align a putt, the new TFI Smart Square putter, along with its highly successful predecessors the Smart Square Blade and Mallet putters, incorporates alignment technology that has proven to be the most advanced – and simplest – that Cleveland Golf has ever created.

The key to the Smart Square technology is Dual Axis Alignment®. Two squares create parallel lines that frame the ball at address and provide a clear visual path to the hole. They also generate two perpendicular lines that easily highlight when the putter is misaligned – even by a fraction of a degree. Cleveland Golf’s testing shows players aligned Smart Square putters 23% more accurately than one of the most popular putters of all time.

The TFI Smart Square putter carries a MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) of $199.99, while the Smart Square Blade and Smart Square Mallet putters each carry a MAP of $139.99. Please visit CG Smart Square Putters for more information.

i-5zsHCBR-L.jpg
i-8jM2FwZ-M.jpg

i-ch5s37P-L.jpg

i-SdHnxvj-M.jpg
i-LPMRPCJ-M.jpg

That is kind of awesome looking right there.

I love most the Cleveland products but this I couldnt game, even if it made me putt lights out, I couldnt get myself to look at that

I love most the Cleveland products but this I couldnt game, even if it made me putt lights out, I couldnt get myself to look at that

Ditto. Not a fan of the looks of this.

let us know! I need to roll one ASAP

will do. if this lives up to the expectation after rolling the current blade model a few different times at some of the stores in the area i will be happy...crazy thing is i am loving the way my 1W Tanks is going for me.

Rolled this for a while after my range session today. Really nice. At 33", feels like it has a bit more heft than the smart square does, even though they're listed as the same weight. To me, the contrast with the copper overlay makes it even easier to line up. I was hitting a bunch of putts with it, but don't we all do that in the golf store?

I want one.

I want one.

Call me crazy.....but I sort of do too! Ha! Just now seeing the thread and I'm 100% curious. I had a bunch of success with the 1st gen and if they are saying it's even better then I'm all ears. They look fun!

Rolled this for a while after my range session today. Really nice. At 33", feels like it has a bit more heft than the smart square does, even though they're listed as the same weight. To me, the contrast with the copper overlay makes it even easier to line up. I was hitting a bunch of putts with it, but don't we all do that in the golf store?

I know this is extremely subjective but how was the feel?

I know it was a bit corny campaign by them when the SS first came out, but IMO it really is Squares > Circles for alignment effectiveness.

Ditto. The squares really do work.

What stores you guys seeing these in? I can't seem to locate them in any stores online yet.

What stores you guys seeing these in? I can't seem to locate them in any stores online yet.

I found it in a local chain up here. They tend to carry a pretty broad range of clubs (including the $2000 XXIO irons).

Also - for the people who prefer the blade to the mallet smart square - I think you'll be happy with the TFI. To me it feels more like they added the "wings" to the blade version moreso than they updated the mallet. It's much more of that "T" shape that you see in the blade version.

It reminds me of the Ghost SI a bit and I really liked that address, I must roll one of these, not in the market this year, but maybe next year.

only places online i have seen are TGW and shop.cleveland.com. i didn't look in the local golf store on tuesday and haven't been to big box lately.

I might run to Edwin Watts today and see if they have it.

Or call them first.

I know this is extremely subjective but how was the feel?

I would say that these had a bit of a higher pitched sound than the original smart square, so (and this is ABSOLUTELY subjective) to me the feel was a bit firmer maybe to me? That said, I'm not a huge feel guy when it comes to putters, unless we're talking extremes. I am as happy putting with the white hot/works insert as I am with a milled putter. It's hard to get a real feel for sound in the store too, between music playing over the PA, and the fitting bay right next to the putting green.

I would say that these had a bit of a higher pitched sound than the original smart square, so (and this is ABSOLUTELY subjective) to me the feel was a bit firmer maybe to me? That said, I'm not a huge feel guy when it comes to putters, unless we're talking extremes. I am as happy putting with the white hot/works insert as I am with a milled putter. It's hard to get a real feel for sound in the store too, between music playing over the PA, and the fitting bay right next to the putting green.
What are you rolling right now?

WOW!!! Nice!!! Where from and how soon?! I really want to roll this bad boy.

Direct from Cleveland, will send you the details as soon as I have them.

Direct from Cleveland, will send you the details as soon as I have them.

I went to their site yesterday and saw they had a buy now for the putter but didn't know if it really was a buy now and we'll ship asap or it's still a few weeks out sort of thing.

Back