Cleveland Golf RTX Full-Face 2 Wedges

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
What a release season it has been for Cleveland Golf! In recent weeks, the company has launched a range of new products, including a new driver, metalwoods, two iron sets, a series of putters, and their CBX 4 wedges. Guess what, friends? The fun doesn’t stop there, as today Cleveland Golf is releasing their new RTX Full Face 2 lineup alongside their new Smart Sole Full-Face wedges, which gives Cleveland one of the deepest wedge lineups in golf.

Continue reading...

Love the blending with the reg RTX6.

Played the last full face last year. If I had the time to practice I would carry a second lob wedge because it was a ton of fun around greens. The C grind wasn’t viable for me out of bunkers which made it hard to keep in the bag.

Just thinking now, but I’ve been trying to full swing my 54* less often. That would put this more in play for that spot as well. Hmm :unsure:

Appreciate all the info @ddec . All things considered, I probably lean more towards a traditional groove layout, but I could get behind a higher lofted version. There's no denying the contact location on open face shots.

Big fan of their full face version. My current wedges are not enjoying the more soft and wet conditions I’m having this winter due to less bounce, so I’ve started using the prior release of these. It’s a really good wedge, so I can only imagine what this one is like

• Staff
Appreciate all the info @ddec . All things considered, I probably lean more towards a traditional groove layout, but I could get behind a higher lofted version. There's no denying the contact location on open face shots.
The last version spent about 3/4 of a season in my bag in a 58…paired with a 54 RTX. Now, and then, Cleveland did a great job with shaping to make it look as conventional as possible. Definitely easier for those bunker and flop shots for me. Where I really liked it was on a shot where you had to swing a little harder because I felt the help was where it needed to be.

I could still blade it like a pro though…so it’s no magical wand.

The last version spent about 3/4 of a season in my bag in a 58…paired with a 54 RTX. Now, and then, Cleveland did a great job with shaping to make it look as conventional as possible. Definitely easier for those bunker and flop shots for me. Where I really liked it was on a shot where you had to swing a little harder because I felt the help was where it needed to be.

I could still blade it like a pro though…so it’s no magical wand.
what lofts do you have?

• Staff
what lofts do you have?
In hand…52/58. Last version I believe I have the same. I would consider adding a Tour Rack 60 to my regular bag.

In hand…52/58. Last version I believe I have the same. I would consider adding a Tour Rack 60 to my regular bag.
With it being a specialty club in some regards, I do have a weird desire to try the 64.

With it being a specialty club in some regards, I do have a weird desire to try the 64.
Might need to pick a 64 up just for the Briggs practice bunker. Haha

Good write up @ddec!! These might not be for me, but I can appreciate what they are doing here.

Love it. Full face options being available across the Cleveland wedge lineup is great.

As someone who misses that sweet spot on wedges often, the full face would be more than welcome in my bag!

I’d enjoy seeing you use a 64* wedge. I really like my 62 JAWS Raw, but you’ve got to commit to the shot and follow through. It’d be a fun journey for sure!!

I’d enjoy seeing you use a 64* wedge. I really like my 62 JAWS Raw, but you’ve got to commit to the shot and follow through. It’d be a fun journey for sure!!
I could definitely find a spot for one. Hmmm.

Nice write-up @ddec. I could see one of these making it's way into the line-up in the 58/60* spot, especially if they release black at some point.

So good. Cleveland just does wedges so damn well, it's not even funny. Having a 50* RTX in the bag for quite a while, the versatility is just insane. These look great.

IMG_5802.jpegIMG_5803.jpegIMG_5804.jpegThese in hand are freaking gorgeous.

Kinda want.

Kinda badly.

Flop machine in that 60

Love love full face wedges!

These look great

I think these combined with a high lofted Smart Sole could be a wicked setup.

Saw this in person today. Not going lie I could see a 56 or 58 going perfectly after the CBX4 52.

Just ordered me a 60-8 to replace my Vokey SM7 60-8 meaning I’m full Cleveland for wedges!
52 CBX
56 RTX 6
60 RTX 2 full face!

Back