Cleveland Huntington Beach Collection Putters

DO it.

Contour.

I'm pumped that so many are enjoying, and have discovered, this line. Doing the review here was releveatory because Cleveland FINALLY just nailed the sound/feel department the way I'd hoped they would with prior iterations. Now, they need to just keep running with it....

And to make me an Elevado in the HBC. Please?
I've got a contour on my seemore, installed with air, so I would just swap that. Will try to save the stock grip too.

Need to set up the ipad in the basement for the Open and club work at the same time :)

I mentioned before that the putter I ordered was 35" while I'm more comfortable with a 34" and actually moving even smaller to a 33" right before testin the Cleveland. I've hd some great experience with the HB 3, but trying to putt more upright than I prefer has taken it's toll, and the last couple rounds I've noticed that I'm hitting the ground before making contact, more and more, so I just got it shortened to 33" and tossed a SuperStroke Fatso on that bad boy....can't wait for my next outting!

I mentioned before that the putter I ordered was 35" while I'm more comfortable with a 34" and actually moving even smaller to a 33" right before testin the Cleveland. I've hd some great experience with the HB 3, but trying to putt more upright than I prefer has taken it's toll, and the last couple rounds I've noticed that I'm hitting the ground before making contact, more and more, so I just got it shortened to 33" and tossed a SuperStroke Fatso on that bad boy....can't wait for my next outting!

fwiw, the Cleveland Elevado you played when you were down here was 33 and as I remember you putted pretty well with it. Think you got accustomed to the length pretty quick.

Playing your putter is what made me realize I NEED a shorter putter... It was 100x more comfortable than the 35" I've played before.

Didn't have the best day putting today, but the greens were tricky to read. I had 3 3-putts all right in a row towards the end of the round when I was getting tired. One of those was on a par 3. Ugh.

All that said, I didn't have any putts that went offline, or had distance control issues that weren't be intentionally going way short due to how fast the greens were rolling. Still loving this putters feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After reading the whole thread how could I not get one of these, a #6 will be here Saturday.

I have been waiting to get a chance to buy one of the Newport 2 putters. I finally have the money, and more importantly the wifes approval, but am having second thoughts just because of how well the Huntington #1 has performed for me.

I have been a pretty average putter 36+ putts per round (as bad as 42 at times) but the #1 with the SS grip just clicked for me. I have NOT had a 2+ putt/hole round average for the last 5 rounds. And the one before then was 37 putts in the round.

I have been waiting to get a chance to buy one of the Newport 2 putters. I finally have the money, and more importantly the wifes approval, but am having second thoughts just because of how well the Huntington #1 has performed for me.

I have been a pretty average putter 36+ putts per round (as bad as 42 at times) but the #1 with the SS grip just clicked for me. I have NOT had a 2+ putt/hole round average for the last 5 rounds. And the one before then was 37 putts in the round.

I almost bought a Newport 2 a couple months ago but I could not pull the trigger because I like my Odyssey V Line Fang too much. That being said I'll be going to Cleveland Golf in less than 2 weeks for the Shootout so I see a new Huntington Beach putter going in my bag...

I almost bought a Newport 2 a couple months ago but I could not pull the trigger because I like my Odyssey V Line Fang too much. That being said I'll be going to Cleveland Golf in less than 2 weeks for the Shootout so I see a new Huntington Beach putter going in my bag...

Every club in your bag from the THP Event will be pre-release...So my gut says nobody will have any idea what they are getting : )
THP Events, making the impossible, possible.

Every club in your bag from the THP Event will be pre-release...So my gut says nobody will have any idea what they are getting : )

Wow, was unsure if every or some of the clubs were pre-lease. I thought pre-release clubs would be the new wedges launching on 9.15.17. The Shoot Out is much bigger than that!!!

Last edited:

I can't wait for this! THP and Cleveland Golf = AMAZING!!

Wow, was unsure if every or ALL the clubs were pre-lease. I thought pre-release clubs would be the new wedges launching on 9.15.17. The Shoot Out is much bigger than that!!!

I know, this just keeps getting better!

Had a new Golf Pride SNSR 104cc Pistol grip installed on my HB#10 prior to playing a MemberGuest at my old course. I was anxious about it, since I have putted so well with this putter with the stock grip. No worries. With the new grip, it feels so natural in my hands and there was certainly no fall off in performance of the #10. Love this putter, and also love the SNSR grip.

I can't wait for this! THP and Cleveland Golf = AMAZING!!

I am so envious of you guys. Your going to have such a blast at the Shoot Out, and get some awesome new equipment.

Had a new Golf Pride SNSR 104cc Pistol grip installed on my HB#10 prior to playing a MemberGuest at my old course. I was anxious about it, since I have putted so well with this putter with the stock grip. No worries. With the new grip, it feels so natural in my hands and there was certainly no fall off in performance of the #10. Love this putter, and also love the SNSR grip.
This is good to hear. I still haven't found the time to get the SNSR on mine.

This putter continues to perform well. The feel with the q star tour is incredible. Lag putting was very strong for me yesterday.

The #6 finally showed up yesterday after getting delayed in TN. The box showed up beat to all hell! Looked terrible and have a sticker saying sorry for the damage please accept our apologies. Opened it in front of the mailman in case it was bent or broken. Even though the box was mangled the putter was fine.

Rolled it on the carpet last night and really like the feel. Have a scramble tourney this Sunday so plan on throwing it in the bag for the round.

Ended up getting a round in Saturday and Sunday with my new #6. It puts a nice roll on the ball. My usual miss is short and that wasn't so this weekend. Out of 36 holes this weekend I had one bad putt and that was all me. I left 1 maybe 2 putts short, nailed a lot of putts and those I did miss at least got to the hole and have it a look.

Every one in my group today wanted to try it and they all commented on how well it rolled the ball. Looking forward to more time with it.

My only not pick is the white alignment line. I prefer more contrast so thinking about painting it black.

6c continues to be a high performer. 15 putts today for 9 and no three putts. Removed and saved the stock grip and blew on the SNSR grip to try out.
Company scramble tomorrow so lots of chances to putt.
96bad8775e511342bd64704c43b5e7e5.jpg

6c continues to be a high performer. 15 putts today for 9 and no three putts. Removed and saved the stock grip and blew on the SNSR grip to try out.
Company scramble tomorrow so lots of chances to putt.
96bad8775e511342bd64704c43b5e7e5.jpg

I'm enjoying the 104cc SNSR grip I put on mine. Very comfortable in my hands and no change in balance or performance. Still loving the HB #10.

I'm enjoying the 104cc SNSR grip I put on mine. Very comfortable in my hands and no change in balance or performance. Still loving the HB #10.
First thing I noticed was that I can still feel the weight of the head which I really like in a putter.

Got another round in with my #6 today and still loving it. Only the 3rd round so I'm still dialing it in but the roll it puts on the ball is nice. Lag putts real well and feels great in my hands. All the guys in my five some wanted to know about it and all remarked that it looks like an expensive putter and liked how it felt.

Another pretty good day of putting on slick greens. Made a few good up and downs thanks to the putter. One from about 15 feet! I'm liking the putter with the SNSR gripa, thoigh distance control took some getting used to again. Stupid easy to get the putt on line.

I can't say enough how easy getting a putt on line is with the CS6. Had a number of big par saves (and both 2 putt birdies) with 4 to 5 footers where the line was inside the cup. Was able to line it up and bang them all to the back of the cup. I haven't been this confident in a while.

Another 18 with the #6 today and my putting improved yet again. Something about it just setups right to my eye and gives me confidence. Had zero 3 putts today and one 4 putt. Worst putt of the day was all on me and blew by the hole by a good 5 feet, made the combacker though.

Sunday is Stableford and you rotate who's in your group. Every time I've had this out each group has commented on the nice roll and how it looks like an expensive putter. Pretty safe to say the O Works will be staying in the closet for a while.

Set up and alignment with my HB #10 seems so natural and easy. I rarely miss because of missing my line--it's normally the read itself.

Back