Cleveland RTX-4 Wedges

Had a good day with my 58 LOW yesterday again. Again, I chose to take shots that I normally wouldn't take with this because I want to test it out. For instance, a 20-30ft chip off of tight grass on the fairway approach. I would normally use my 54 or even 48 depending on if im chipping into a green going uphill. But for testing purposes I chose to attempt these shots and I pulled them off quite well flying them to the hole and letting them check. I even had one chip in.

Again, I chose the "low" bounce option on this one to test out some versatility. When I open it the leading edge obviously sits a little closer to the ground than with a full bounce option. But, I can still feel the bottom of the club which is good. And it looks damn good doing it too. Cleveland got it right in the aesthetics dept on this one. Like I posted before, I really havnt had a 50+ shot with this yet which is surprising. I will get that added to the review soon.

I think the "X low bounce" option would be pretty daring if you ask me. That maybe because im coming from playing full bounce wedges so im used to those but even the low bounce might have been a little to much or rather to less for me. I think getting the "mid" bounce in this might be in order once they are released. There is slight relief on the trailing edge of the full bounce on my RTX 3's which I like but I think having a little more relief in the "mid" for a little more versatility would be great yet still having some "pop" from the bounce. But that's my personal preference and has nothing to do with the club performing.

More soon...

Last edited:
Got home and this little gem showed up. My 54 RTX-4. Both wedges came staggered.

d1ffcc62f4f814fe38093ba8f74cfa71.jpg

bc7ae0f3b8ac5ec703377058b6bc193a.jpg

Like mentioned above. I got my 54 in mid bounce as I take more of a fuller shot with it than I do with my 58. But, I will open it from time
to time and in the bunker. Seeing more bounce on this makes me rethink my choice in my low bounce on the 58. But that’s on me. And maybe the more I game it I might like it. We’ll see. Again, not the club that’s me.

Like before, aesthetics are on point. Just a clean wedge that isn’t flashy but def not dull like the RTX-3 line. Here they both are in the bag next to the 3s. Sorry for the light, I’ll get more in the daylight
871dd6e416459216ac718182b1397b4d.jpg

Bounce comparison between the two

54 mid
b278f9da0fa379faba847d2c230d4e6e.jpg

842f7e2f3a1f36a6b6eb6677c09df6f7.jpg

58 low
b67df501fb21a4ce7f50e167e2910d7e.jpg

69fac6ce3eebbc96d61a903967bd6af1.jpg

I have a round scheduled with my dad and my boss tomorrow night. Getting a grip installed while I’m at work tomorrow and going to put this 54 to work tomorrow night.

More later....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t believe that I went for a custom paint fill option, mine still haven’t shipped... Grrrrrr

I am digging that combo, BFast. I think I'd add the 50 in mid and call it a successful bag.

Agree. Again, I’m skeptical on the low bounce option in the 58 but I gotta game it more to give a def answer on that. To me, lots of bounce is like a more forgiving iron. If you know how to use it it helps big time. But like I said I need to get some practice time and feel for it and I might actually end up liking that option.

That’s why we review !!

I can’t believe that I went for a custom paint fill option, mine still haven’t shipped... Grrrrrr

These actually would be so easy to paint fill after the fact honestly....already crossed my mind!!!

I will get me a set of these...

don't think i'd ever buy black finished wedges again though.. my rtx 3's are black and after a year of work.. they look like they've been rode hard and hung up wet..

so it's either tour raw or traditional silver for me in these...

Quick club question. My RTX4 wedges feel heavy to me. Would switching to a lighter shaft (like a Nippon 115) help make them easier to swing?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Quick club question. My RTX4 wedges feel heavy to me. Would switching to a lighter shaft (like a Nippon 115) help make them easier to swing?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

It could, although that could also make it feel head heavy.
What part feels heavy to you during the swing? Or just the entire club as a whole.

The whole club. Playing Glide wedges currently and these feel much heavier.

Maybe just going to take an adjustment period...?

I will get me a set of these...

don't think i'd ever buy black finished wedges again though.. my rtx 3's are black and after a year of work.. they look like they've been rode hard and hung up wet..

so it's either tour raw or traditional silver for me in these...

Yeah, my black 54* isn't looking so great. The 58 still looks nice, but it doesn't see nearly as much work. I think I'll go traditional steel next time too.

I'm betting you get used to them rather quick. I remember trying the RTX-3 vs. the Glide 2.0s, and the Glides were definitely lighter.

I'm thinking an adjustment period is all you'll need. Obviously the 132 gram S400 shaft is quite heavy, but I don't find the heads to be that much different than most of what I have experienced recently.

Was able to put my 54 in play last night and got more time under my belt with my low bounce 58.

Just as I thought, when I felt more of the bounce on the 54 I loved it. But, I had some really nice chips around the greens with my 58 as well. If I remember right, I think the leading edge of the 54 sat a little closer to the ground than the 3's? Can someone else chime in on that with their thoughts? I know my 58 does and it seemed the 54 did also.

I think the feeling in these of the ball of the face is about the same at the RTX-3's from my short time with them so far. But visually, they are different at address which I love.

So far I am only using the 56, but really like it. I didn't think I would like the lower leading edge, but so far, the crisp contact has really been solid for me.

Just got the 54 in last night, will get some pics of it tonight... really really like the satin finish. The black looks good, but the 54... dang. Really impressed.

Went the black finish route like usual. Can't wait to get them out.
329156f3f4c234bf5e35424b30b92565.jpg

Those look perdy Mike!

Sans plastic
4fc18b04a40e91577e8459f3126f70b4.jpg

Went the black finish route like usual. Can't wait to get them out.
329156f3f4c234bf5e35424b30b92565.jpg

Nice... Why did I need the LSU themed paint fill... ?

I'm betting you get used to them rather quick. I remember trying the RTX-3 vs. the Glide 2.0s, and the Glides were definitely lighter.
You were correct. One bucket of range balls and they are MONEY!! Great wedges! Now, Cleveland..make me a set to go with them (like my old TA2 Form forged) and I'll be in all Cleveland irons.

I am only using the 56 right now but totally dig it. Super clean contact, very versatile and because of those two things, crazy good spin.

Mine have shipped... Now comes a decision... Do you change wedges right before the THP Championship?

Mine have shipped... Now comes a decision... Do you change wedges right before the THP Championship?

The only internet golfer answer is yes! I did...now to get even more internet golfery, I’ll being changing out shafts after this holiday weekend;-)

Back