Club Champion Acquires TXG

They were/are Canada's version of Club Champion (Ian Fraser was originally a partner).
If I want a higher end brand agnostic fitting in western Canada, I go to Modern Golf.
OH Modern golf is a company. I was confused on why you thought it was bad for golf haha

Thats great! Hoping our friends in the great white north have even more access to fittings now. Maybe CC will open new locations.

Just keep those TXG videos coming! They might be the best videos out there (besides THP of course!)

OH Modern golf is a company. I was confused on why you thought it was bad for golf haha
I'll admit, I immediately googled when i saw "M"odern "G"olf hahaha

Had no idea.

Really enjoy Ian and the TXG video content. Hope that continues and that Ian made some big bucks in the process.

I wasn't expecting that at all (but I don't know much about what's available in the great north either). I believe this will be mutually beneficial for both parties and for the consumer. It'll be interesting to read all of the takes on this on the golf interwebs, Twitterverses and Instachats.

I didn't expect this but it also makes complete sense. Wasn't Ian part of CC previously?

I know TXG has struggled for the past year or so because of covid lock downs in Canada. I wonder how much of this is because of cash struggles. I also think that TXGs youtube presence will be a great addition for CC.

Good for them!

I guess we'll see if it's good for us.

As this is settling, I gotta admit my TXG branded stuff definitely feels a little different all the sudden.

Good for them!

I guess we'll see if it's good for us.

TXG had only two locations I believe. So, other than the social media aspect I am not seeing a huge industry bump. Really a best case situation for TXG I think.

Wonder if there was a rider that Ian and Matty would have to stay as part of the deal....

Wasn't Ian part of CC previously?

i've not heard that before. i thought ian started at taylormade, then started modern golf, then split with his partner (who then founded true spec iirc) and started txg.

As long as the TXG content doesn't change, I'm fine with it. And I hope both guys made some nice loot.

i've not heard that before. i thought ian started at taylormade, then started modern golf, then split with his partner (who then founded true spec iirc) and started txg.

I could absolutely be wrong. I thought I had heard that somewhere. It was as much a question as a statement lol..

I'll hold back on my thoughts until this one plays out a bit, but initially I don't like the merger. I think TXG is great and I get they offer something Club Champion does not, but I can't imagine CC is hurting in the US market to need to go acquire TXG. Hopefully Ian and Matt are well compensated and continue to put out the content they are known for.

Wonder if there was a rider that Ian and Matty would have to stay as part of the deal....

i'd assume absolutely yes for ian. matt, i'm not so sure about. i don't believe he has an ownership in txg. i could see them starting a media company together when the youtube thing took off, but i don't know for sure. iirc he and ian first got together because ian saw a video matt did for shawn clement, and ian wanted matt to help him film short clips to post on txg's site talking about txg's philosophy. and i may be wrong but i think matt was the one who encouraged ian to do more content and post it to youtube.

I'll hold back on my thoughts until this one plays out a bit, but initially I don't like the merger. I think TXG is great and I get they offer something Club Champion does not, but I can't imagine CC is hurting in the US market to need to go acquire TXG. Hopefully Ian and Matt are well compensated and continue to put out the content they are known for.
Is this about hurting, or pure expansion? Like mentioned by CC, both parties serve to benefit, especially Club Champion who are only just starting to really dabble into the YouTube aspect of things. TXG powered by Club Champion sounds awesome to me.

Wonder if this has any effect on TXG using Foresight vs. Trackman. Ian seems to greatly prefer his GC. Either way, it's a great opportunity for both sides.

Yup. this is a win win situation.

TXG had only two locations I believe. So, other than the social media aspect I am not seeing a huge industry bump. Really a best case situation for TXG I think.
I totally get it on all sides. Glad the boys got to cash in on their success, to whatever degree. And Club Champion content is not good, so it can only get better by this imo. We'll see how it all plays out.

I totally get it on all sides. Glad the boys got to cash in on their success, to whatever degree. And Club Champion content is not good, so it can only get better by this imo. We'll see how it all plays out.

I wonder if TXG will stay TXG under the CC umbrella, or will they rebrand as CC?

Seems like a win win for both parties there

I wonder if TXG will stay TXG under the CC umbrella, or will they rebrand as CC?
I don't know why they'd call it a 'partnership' if a rebrand was coming. Also "and both brands will lean on each other to produce even more quality content for golfers of all levels."

Is this about hurting, or pure expansion? Like mentioned by CC, both parties serve to benefit, especially Club Champion who are only just starting to really dabble into the YouTube aspect of things. TXG powered by Club Champion sounds awesome to me.

no doubt both serve to benefit, and some of the Canadian economics/lockdown issues might be at play here for TXG, but I just am trying to wrap my head around CC doing this. Not so say expansion is not great and you need to evolve constantly, I'm just initially shocked and want to see this one play out because it feels like TXG will lose some of the organic way they have been delivering content via their YouTube channel. I guess my hope is that CC won't go in and make TXG more "corporate" if that makes sense.

Back