Club Champion Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having read through this thread here is my take based on that. I don't believe CC has any obligation to replace the shaft if Fujikura is not going to. That being said they probably could have handled it better. After sending it in and being told no they could have asked questions as to why it wouldn't be replaced and maybe try to talk them into it. As mentioned @e1iterate paid a premium as a customer and felt like they didn't do enough to try and help. Had CC worked a little harder for him then he might not have been as upset.

At that point CC would have had three options.
1. Replace the shaft and take a hit to the bottom line but keep a customer happy and probably earn repeat business in the future as well as good word of mouth which is good free advertising (or in this case the cost of the shaft).
2. Offer to sell the new shaft right away at a discount or even better would be at cost and fix the club. Not as good as option 1 and while it may not make @e1iterate happy it at least doesn't make him anymore upset and he doesn't tell everyone about his bad experience nor does he start this thread.
3. Tell him to buy a new shaft at retail which is sure to upset him further and leave a disgruntled customer. To me this is a bad move as one unhappy customer is going to tell on average 7 people about their bad experience. They for sure lose him as a customer and likely some or all of the people he tells.

Customer service is one of the things that can make or break a business and sometimes it's better to eat some cost and provide good service than to save some coin but lose business.

Wait, isn't that exactly what happened here?

Mike reached out to CC, provided pictures.
CC reached out to Fuji, who declined warranty.
CC offered a discount on another shaft to Mike?

Nope. That's not my understanding. If I am not mistaken, its more like this.

CC says that sucks but not our issue.
Mike argues that he bought the club from CC and that makes it their issue to help with
CC says check out our warranty 'as is' policy and that Mike needs to contact Fuji directly.
Mike argues why he needs to go directly if he bought it through CC
CC says fine and tries Fuji who denies it and then CC offered a discount on another shaft to Mike

NOT

Mike reached out to CC, provided pictures
CC says that sucks but Fuji would have to warranty this and we are reaching out now for you
Mike says thank you
CC comes back and says Fuji won't cover it and they are sorry but would be willing to offer a discount on a different shaft
Mike, although disappointed, feels heard and moves on and never makes this thread.

Mike argues that he bought the club from CC and that makes it their issue to help with
CC says check out our warranty 'as is' policy and that Mike needs to contact Fuji directly.
CC says fine and tries Fuji who denies it and then CC offered a discount on another shaft to Mike

NOT

CC says that sucks but Fuji would have to warranty this and we are reaching out now for you
Mike says thank you
CC comes back and says Fuji won't cover it and they are sorry but would be willing to offer a discount on a different shaft
Mike, although disappointed, feels heard and moves on and never makes this thread.

Just a correction here. CC did submit the claim and it was denied based on @e1iterate posts and what he sent me. It was not CC telling him too bad.

And, yet, you now have dozens of consumers in here justifiably questioning whether they would ever buy from CC.
This will get me tarred and feathered so saying this but I think many of those who are blaming CC is more because of the pricing CC uses so those people would not be potential customers of CC anyway. Not all but most.

NOT

Mike says thank you
The first post in the thread says that CC went straight to Fuji after Mike brought it to their attention.

Just a correction here. CC did submit the claim and it was denied based on @e1iterate posts and what he sent me. It was not CC telling him too bad.

Fair correction. Fundamentally I don't see this as a warranty issue. I completely understand why Fuji wouldn't warranty it. But the CS example is not one that builds a client base, its one that chases it away.

This will get me tarred and feathered so saying this but I think many of those who are blaming CC is more because of the pricing CC uses so those people would not be potential customers of CC anyway. Not all but most.
Hard to know this without the data to back it. I have done fittings and purchased from CC.

So you are saying the majority of folks on this thread that are claiming that they would reconsider using CC in the future actually don't have the money for CC anyway and it truly isn't a customer lost for CC? lol

So you are saying the majority of folks on this thread that are claiming that they would reconsider using CC in the future actually don't have the money for CC anyway and it truly isn't a customer lost for CC? lol
Did not say they dont have the money. Just saying in threads through the years I have heard many complain about CC pricing. I own zero stock in CC and have no dog in the fight. I am not saying I agree with CC pricing either. They are expensive but they also have the most options available.

Fair correction. Fundamentally I don't see this as a warranty issue. I completely understand why Fuji wouldn't warranty it. But the CS example is not one that builds a client base, its one that chases it away.
I will agree that if Mike (who with good reason is upset about the broken shaft) gets on a call with a manager and that person calls him out of breaking the shaft the CS needs some serious work. I would hope that the story is only sort of partially told here (words used, context, intent, etc) and heard through angry ears. And we've all been there.

Did not say they dont have the money. Just saying in threads through the years I have heard many complain about CC pricing. I own zero stock in CC and have no dog in the fight. I am not saying I agree with CC pricing either. They are expensive but they also have the most options available.

I do think that is a fair point. If I were to get fit anytime soon, which is unlikely, I probably wouldn't go to CC since there are some really quality fitters in Houston (not just because of this thread), but I also know deep down that I am a cheap ass and don't want to be roped into a $1000 driver :LOL:

Where in my scenario is CC out any money other than some time? The answer at the end of a successful customer service experience still may be "nothing we can do because Fuji won't warranty it but we'll give you a discount to purchase a different shaft if you want". Then, they have still done right by @e1iterate and the story is quite different.

That didn't happen. And now we have this experience to share and be posted to influence many people to not become customers of CC.

Which situation is actually costing CC more?
I was referring to the cost of replacing the shaft, not the actual customer service experience which I agree could/should have been better.

I do think that is a fair point. If I were to get fit anytime soon, which is unlikely, I probably wouldn't go to CC since there are some really quality fitters in Houston (not just because of this thread), but I also know deep down that I am a cheap ass and don't want to be roped into a $1000 driver :LOL:
BOOMER........
I saw buy 4 cases of premium beer so you ain’t cheap 😈😈😈😈😈

I hate to quote you on this because its been said a few times here, so I hope you know me well enough that I am not singling your post out.

But why do we have to aggregate this out to "if we do it for one person, we have to do it for everyone"? It's not as if we know that they rejected every similar broken shaft request. My guess is that the deal with it on an individual basis based upon the circumstances presented, and then make a decision. I would be shocked if there was not at least one instance in which a shaft was replaced by CC in a similar circumstance.
You can single me out its ok I can take it haha. We have to assume that if they do it once then then next guy will reference this one time and then it snowballs into something out of control, especially in todays hey what about me world. Shafts break it happens and yes it does suck I just can't see any fault of CC other than poor handling of their customer service experience initally and an unhappy customer.

Nope. I will gladly pay more for selection, a quality fitting (based on reviews and word of mouth) and good customer service. They were on my short list for my son's driver fitting this summer and likely first choice.

I'm also reading not so positive fitting experiences.

I may still have them do the fitting but would absolutely not purchase from them based on their policies. I was unaware and would have ignorantly expected different. Glad to know. I'm sure fitting is their most profitable service anyway.

I think you are right to a degree, but the problem isn’t just the cost. It’s what you are getting for the cost. When you pay a premium price you expect a premium experience on all fronts, not
just the fitting.

Thats a lot of assumptions piled on assumptions......:rolleyes:. Even if the rep doubted how it broke, they should still fascilitate the conversation with Fuji and let them deny it as "non-standard usage" or whatever they decide. You can't say its up to Fuji and then never reach out to Fuji on behalf of your customer. That's how business lose customers, as CC is doing today with this thread.

It very much is a bunch of assumptions, because only one person in this thread was there. But here is what was said. “My driver shaft broke when I bent down to pick up my tee. I contacted the fitter and he said he would work with me to get it replaced, but due to where it broke, it was unlikely.”

dude that was pretty much exactly what i was going to post.

if we were dealing with krazy karl's diskount klubs who did no-cost fittings and undercut all other retailers by 25%, most of us would probably be saying "well, what did you expect? karl IS krazy, you know?!" but we are dealing with one of the most expensive retailers in all of golf. and like it or not, you price yourself in the stratosphere people will expect customer service on that same stratospheric plane.

I think you are right to a degree, but the problem isn’t just the cost. It’s what you are getting for the cost. When you pay a premium price you expect a premium experience on all fronts, not
just the fitting.
I agree with you on that. My thing is this with where the break is I put this on Fuji. Also if was was some random guy off of the street I would lean more towards abuse.

I hate to hear this for @e1iterate, but not shocked by CC's response as I talked with someone who recently had a terrible experience with them. Fuji's not looking too good either. In my experience people who are able and willing to pay for a premium service expect premium customer service, which is lacking here.

I agree with you on that. My thing is this with where the break is I put this on Fuji. Also if was was some random guy off of the street I would lean more towards abuse.

it is more on Fuji and shame on them not working out something better not only for the customer’s sake but for @Club Champion .It’s a shame that this sort of thing happens and Club Champion takes the brunt of the frustration, but I also think a policy change on CC’s end is necessary.

figure out a way customer service wise to reimburse these situations whether it’s a purchased 1 year warranty, 90 day free warranty, an offer of 50 % off a replacement shaft. I think there were plenty of better options than what happened IMO.

This sucks all around. At the end of the day it is just a crappy situation where no one really owes the replacement. I wouldn't think this is a warranty situation for CC and if it is anyone it is Fuji. Although I can see why they would deny it because it easily looks like it could be a frustrated golfer snapping a club.

That being said if I was running either company I would have given a new replacement. Fuji and CC could have created loyalty forever by replacing even if they technically don't need to. I know if I was in this situation and it was replaced they'd have a brand loyal customer for life. I would go to CC for every single fitting for the rest of time and I would go with Fuji shafts in everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back