Club Champion Discount Season

Did they put a lot of pressure on you to buy from them? I'm considering getting a fitting from them, probably wedges and putter but don't want to get hassled the whole time or afterwards. I really wish they offered just a gap analysis as that is really all I need/want.

Well I will say I really loved my experience there and never really felt "pressured" to buy but they definitely are making commission off what you purchase so they will encourage you to. I told my guy that the driver was most important and I was on a budget so I got a custom shaft but we used my aeroburner head. There is a little bit of the sales pitch towards the end but I never felt overwhelmed. I do get a personal email from my fitter every month or so asking how I like my driver and basically if I want to buy more clubs.

My advice would be (if you can swing it) do the whole bag fitting for the $175 since it's 50% off. You can easily walk out of there with all your specs (via Trackman) and your fitters recommendations including wedges/putter in a spreadsheet and purchase new clubs/shafts down the road without buying anything else from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I will say I really loved my experience there and never really felt "pressured" to buy but they definitely are making commission off what you purchase so they will encourage you to. I told my guy that the driver was most important and I was on a budget so I got a custom shaft but we used my aeroburner head. There is a little bit of the sales pitch towards the end but I never felt overwhelmed. I do get a personal email from my fitter every month or so asking how I like my driver and basically if I want to buy more clubs.

My advice would be (if you can swing it) do the whole bag fitting for the $175 since it's 50% off. You can easily walk out of there with all your specs (via Trackman) and your fitters recommendations including wedges/putter in a spreadsheet and purchase new clubs/shafts down the road without buying anything else from them.

Cool, thanks for the info.

Fitting on Saturday! Can't wait!

Although, it will be only my 2nd time with the Triton and 1st time with MY Triton, so I'm a little nervous there haha. Hoping they can help me dial it in and figure out my settings.

I'm doing a full bag fitting on the 18th mainly to get fit for the Epic, but it will be nice to confirm that my specs are all correct on everything else.

Going on the 21st to Atlanta's location. Full bag, baby! Why the hell not?
I already 'talked' to the guy that will fit me over email and told him I'm not even playing a driver (soooo, yeah) and I need help with wedges. Other than that I only really want to see where I really stand to where I think I stand. I've been just flat strokin' my 545s of late, and my FWs are solid, too (again, where I think I stand). Should be eye opening. Never did this before.

I booked a full bag fitting on the 20th. Pumped to go through the process. I played yesterday and feel good about my irons and wedges but everything else is up for change. For those who have been fit by CC, do they do a gap analysis during the fitting?

They use trackman so they'll fit you into 13 clubs/shafts/etc that have even gaps between each club.

My guy was really encouraging as far as not changing the clubs that I felt most confident with. He didn't touch my 3W but watched me hit it but even though I hit my irons well, he suggested a stiffer shaft and once I tried it, my dispersion got smaller. Bottom line, just listen to the fitter, typically they know what you need.

SkiBum, I would be interested in hearing about your fitting. Where are you going? Philly?

SkiBum, I would be interested in hearing about your fitting. Where are you going? Philly?
Worry not, I plan on providing a full summary of my experience. Yep, Philly (Bala Cynwyd really, but who's countin?).

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

They use trackman so they'll fit you into 13 clubs/shafts/etc that have even gaps between each club.

My guy was really encouraging as far as not changing the clubs that I felt most confident with. He didn't touch my 3W but watched me hit it but even though I hit my irons well, he suggested a stiffer shaft and once I tried it, my dispersion got smaller. Bottom line, just listen to the fitter, typically they know what you need.

Going to Sandy Springs, also, on the 21st. They said Rob would be my guy. Do they just let you swing your swing without too much intervention and teaching? I know they're going to freak on some of my setups and ball placements but I hit 'em fine. Glad to hear you say something about using your own driver head because that's what I want to do, I can't do a head AND premium shaft. Actually, it'd be pretty awesome if they said something like a ProLaunch Red is my beast; they're like $30 aren't they? :clown:

Going to Sandy Springs, also, on the 21st. They said Rob would be my guy. Do they just let you swing your swing without too much intervention and teaching? I know they're going to freak on some of my setups and ball placements but I hit 'em fine. Glad to hear you say something about using your own driver head because that's what I want to do, I can't do a head AND premium shaft. Actually, it'd be pretty awesome if they said something like a ProLaunch Red is my beast; they're like $30 aren't they? :clown:

I actually plan on telling the Philly guys to avoid the super expensive stuff, because I'd never pull the trigger on it anyways. I hope they're receptive to this kind of info. I don't plan on making many changes, but if they can net me some big improvements, I want to be able to actually act on them. That was part of my mistake last year at Modern Golf - they put me in such an ultra-premium setup that I couldn't dream of actually ever owning most of it.

Might have to use this one to be fitted for a Callaway Epic driver.

I'm going to walk out with a new Epic Driver, a Toulon Putter and a set of PXGs! We will see.

Haha.

My guy gave me 1 or 2 "pointers/advice" but he even said he didn't want to mix lessons with fittings. Their goal is to really maximize your clubs and shafts without changing your swing so you get the most out of your equipment. Be up front with him about financial restrictions cause he worked with me when I told him I can't spend $3k on shafts.

Don't over think it though, it's not a sales pitch, they're going to mix and match clubs and shafts. The trackman numbers and stats and your personal feedback are going to point you to the best equipment for you, that info will speak for itself. I felt as confident with the equipment I went with as much as the fitter did.

I am taking advantage of the full fitting as well and headed up with T0AD to the Sandy Springs location. I have never been fit for any club so it will be a great experience to see what I think I need in comparison to what I really need. I am hoping that shaft wise I am paired up with something that I can afford to replace. Other than that, I don't see myself getting new clubs any time soon.

Started a full bag fitting, split into 3 sessions. Putter fitting done, irons, hybrids & wedges (yes, I know...) on 21st, and woods/driver on 28th.

The putter lie, loft, and face angle was adjust right there and then. Recommended a slightly bigger grip and shortening the putter at least 1". Other than that he didn't try to "sell" me a new putter though he did identify one in case I wanted to buy.

Fingers crossed that they have the Callaway Epic driver/woods in their fitting system by the 28th :)

I actually plan on telling the Philly guys to avoid the super expensive stuff, because I'd never pull the trigger on it anyways. I hope they're receptive to this kind of info. I don't plan on making many changes, but if they can net me some big improvements, I want to be able to actually act on them. That was part of my mistake last year at Modern Golf - they put me in such an ultra-premium setup that I couldn't dream of actually ever owning most of it.

I am eager to hear your experience as well. The bala shop is the one I have considered going to. Looking for a driver fitting to see how good my trial and error has been and what gains are to be had.

Started a full bag fitting, split into 3 sessions. Putter fitting done, irons, hybrids & wedges (yes, I know...) on 21st, and woods/driver on 28th.

The putter lie, loft, and face angle was adjust right there and then. Recommended a slightly bigger grip and shortening the putter at least 1". Other than that he didn't try to "sell" me a new putter though he did identify one in case I wanted to buy.

Fingers crossed that they have the Callaway Epic driver/woods in their fitting system by the 28th :)

I'm scheduled for the 18th because they get the epic demo heads on the 14th.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I also look forward to hearing about your experience. I live and work right near there and have considered getting an iron fitting but all the stories of their "extreme" pricing to source and build clubs has really turned me off. I may just get clubs I like and have someone like Tim Mosel in NJ fit them for me or hit the Callaway center. I'm thinking that's the much cheaper option.

Mine is scheduled for the 21st in St. Louis. I'm excited to hit all the new stuff out. Got a full bag fitting. The place is awesome.

Had my fitting today. Will write up something more detailed coming up here when I get a chance, but I enjoyed it. They got me dialed in on my 12* Triton (which blew everything else out of the water btw), checked my specs (which were all good, surprisingly), and fitted me into some JPX 900 Forged with Mitsubishi OD (I think?) graphite shafts which netted me a few yards but are damn expensive lol. Won't be pulling that trigger any time soon!

SAM PuttLab is REALLY cool, and reemphasized my putter being a great fit (I'd never been fit before, so I'm surprised it worked out that well). Got some numbers on my mini driver vs 3w too, and the mini is definitely the winner.

Going on the 21st to Atlanta's location. Full bag, baby! Why the hell not?
I already 'talked' to the guy that will fit me over email and told him I'm not even playing a driver (soooo, yeah) and I need help with wedges. Other than that I only really want to see where I really stand to where I think I stand. I've been just flat strokin' my 545s of late, and my FWs are solid, too (again, where I think I stand). Should be eye opening. Never did this before.
Please write a review. Thinking about doing a driver fitting there.

Had my fitting today. Will write up something more detailed coming up here when I get a chance, but I enjoyed it. They got me dialed in on my 12* Triton (which blew everything else out of the water btw), checked my specs (which were all good, surprisingly), and fitted me into some JPX 900 Forged with Mitsubishi OD (I think?) graphite shafts which netted me a few yards but are damn expensive lol. Won't be pulling that trigger any time soon!

SAM PuttLab is REALLY cool, and reemphasized my putter being a great fit (I'd never been fit before, so I'm surprised it worked out that well). Got some numbers on my mini driver vs 3w too, and the mini is definitely the winner.

Did you do any swings with your hand crafted shaft?

Did you do any swings with your hand crafted shaft?
I did, in my Vapor head. Triton head blew it out of the water. I think I might have to get a Wilson adapter to put on the handcrafted, because I have to think those numbers would be even better.

I did, in my Vapor head. Triton head blew it out of the water. I think I might have to get a Wilson adapter to put on the handcrafted, because I have to think those numbers would be even better.

I'd like to see that!

Back