Club Champion Discount Season

Going to Sandy Springs, also, on the 21st. They said Rob would be my guy. Do they just let you swing your swing without too much intervention and teaching? I know they're going to freak on some of my setups and ball placements but I hit 'em fine. Glad to hear you say something about using your own driver head because that's what I want to do, I can't do a head AND premium shaft. Actually, it'd be pretty awesome if they said something like a ProLaunch Red is my beast; they're like $30 aren't they? :clown:

any idea if it's rob stumpf?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had my fitting today. Will write up something more detailed coming up here when I get a chance, but I enjoyed it. They got me dialed in on my 12* Triton (which blew everything else out of the water btw), checked my specs (which were all good, surprisingly), and fitted me into some JPX 900 Forged with Mitsubishi OD (I think?) graphite shafts which netted me a few yards but are damn expensive lol. Won't be pulling that trigger any time soon!

SAM PuttLab is REALLY cool, and reemphasized my putter being a great fit (I'd never been fit before, so I'm surprised it worked out that well). Got some numbers on my mini driver vs 3w too, and the mini is definitely the winner.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Glad to hear you enjoyed the fitting. I'm looking forward to your review.

No, sir. Anderson, I think.

gotcha. stumpf did mine a couple years ago. super nice guy. i feel bad that i put him in an impossible situation because my swing was in such a bad place he really couldn't help me at all. but he was a super nice guy.

Just for clarification: Is $350 the price after the discount? $700 seems high for a full bag fitting.

nope 175 after.

Just watched a bunch of Youtube vids about CC and now I don't know if I can stand waiting until the 21st!

When is discount season? Is it annual?

For the life of me I can't find that banner ad they had on their site when I signed up. Maybe it popped up after I signed on. I want to think it was the last weekend of JAN, but I could be wrong.

Full bag fitting tomorrow. I am mainly going to check out the epic. Although it will be hard for my XR Pro 16 to get removed considering i had several straight drives 300+ the last few rounds with one actually rolling off the back side of a green at 351 yards (VegasMan witnessed it). I don't plan on switching out of my Apex Pro 16 irons but the rest of the bag is open to switch. However if I find something I hit significantly better then the Apex pros the they are fair game too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Let us know how it goes! Mine is Saturday with Leaf. I'm more focused on fairways and wedges, but will test some irons and drivers out. I'm excited and probably driving him nuts.

Wow. Didn't think I was going to replace the apex pros but the numbers with the Mizino JPX 900 is freaking crazy - 21 yard gain and 2000 drop in backspin.
0670a34a025250a9886631df945288aa.jpg

Wow. Didn't think I was going to replace the apex pros but the numbers with the Mizino JPX 900 is freaking crazy - 21 yard gain and 2000 drop in backspin.

Geez, crazy! Although I'd take your 186y gamer 6i. That's pretty big, for me. I can not wait until Saturday. It's already driving me crazy waiting to get on the road to ATL for this.
I am the same with my irons, especially after re-shafting them. I guess those 900s are legit, but I'm way more interested in Driver, wedges setup and maybe even putter. I'm going to take two #7s and see if there's a difference with me and a center shaft vs. the flowneck offset.

Holy smokes, nice results man. Chalk another one up for the JPX 900 Forged, I was fit into them as well. They are legit! I just don't want to spend big dollas on them right now lol

Great results. Nice swing speed. Leif was saying he really like the jpx 900 forged. Guess the modus were the best?

Hitting anything else?

Great results. Nice swing speed. Leif was saying he really like the jpx 900 forged. Guess the modus were the best?

Hitting anything else?

After getting a baseline with my 6i, I hit the Srixon head first and we went through shafts. The Nippon Modus Tour 120 Extra stiff performed the best and it wasn't even close. Then we tried a few heads - my head with the Nippon shaft, then back to the Srixon and we thought this was the winner. Then we switched to the JPX 900 and I was 7 yards longer with it and tighter dispersion. Finally we tried the PXG head and while it felt great, it was significantly shorter. The freaking JPX 900 Head with the Nippon Modus Tour 120 shafts performed like I've never seen before.

After the iron fittings, we played around with Hybrids but I hit my 23 Deg Apex Pro hybrid so well, that there was nothing even close. The closet was the 3i steelhead. But since my 26 deg Hybrid now overlaps my 5i distance, we are removing that from the bag and I'm going to put my 20 Deg Apex Pro Hybrid back in. So, there was no need to purchase any new hybrids.

We also kept my MD3 and PM Grind Wedge heads but just switched the shafts out to Nippon Modus Tour 120s also to stay consistent through the set. The wedge heads themselves were fine.

In addition, all irons and wedges will be built to D7 swing weight.

We skipped the FW for now and the Driver as I'm getting excellent numbers as is and we really want to wait for the LH Epic Heads to arrive.

Finally, we went to the putter and used the SAM and it was eye opening. I come back straight back but bring it inside and have clubface slightly open. First, we fixed part of my swing - what looked like straight up and down to me was actually me pressing the putter backwards. We fixed that and then based on SAM data, my stroke fit a 1/4 toe hang putter and the lie needed to be adjusted 1 deg up and the loft 0.5 deg down. There was a Bettinardi BB1 that totally caught my eye and fit me perfectly. It was the most confident I've felt with a putter.

Now, here comes the $1,000,000 question -- How Much?

I paid $2,496.47. I know, I know. It sounds outrageous. But here is how it breaks down:
  • JPX-900 Forged Irons 5-PW - $899.94
  • Iron Shafts - Nippon Modus Tour 120 Extra Stiff -9 shafts total - $585
  • Lamkin UTx BLue Midsized - 9 total - $117
  • Puring - 9 shafts - $270
  • Bettinardi BB1 Putter - $299.99
  • Full Bag Fitting - $175
  • Tax - $149.54

Honestly the only place that I thought the cost was excessive was the shaft cost - $65/shaft when I can get it for $35/shaft and the puring. But, in the grand scheme of things, It's not a major deal because they are built exactly to my specifications. I look at it as if I just went to the tour van to get a set made to the highest tolerance.

Was I glad I did it? Heck yea. First, my lie angle is standard, not +2 on the irons - I've suspected that I was too up right. Second, I already hit it long, but I've essentially increased my distance by 2 clubs - more 9i and PW into the green, the better I have for birdies. Also, many Par 5's that I play are now reachable with a 5i instead of a hybrid. Finally, having a putter fit to me for once instead of me trying to fit my stroke to the putter will definitely shave strokes off.

Now I cannot wait for the Epic heads to come in so I can drop another Grand on a driver and fairway wood.
IMG_1956.JPG

Wow that's big money man. Sounds like you are super happy with what you got though, and that's all that matters, so congrats! The results were clearly very good. I was very happy with my fitting as well, I just could not swallow the cost of the recommended clubs (similar to yours, except with $100/shaft and minus puring, because I am not a believer in puring).

T0AD and I will be doing our fitting on Saturday and I cannot wait. I just hope that my swing is more consistent that it was Sunday or it could be a long day!! I doubt I will be make a purchase at the time of the fitting other than the fitting cost itself, but I do have a little rainy day money saved just in case.

Wow that's big money man. Sounds like you are super happy with what you got though, and that's all that matters, so congrats! The results were clearly very good. I was very happy with my fitting as well, I just could not swallow the cost of the recommended clubs (similar to yours, except with $100/shaft and minus puring, because I am not a believer in puring).

I don't really believe in Puring either but I've never actually owned a set of Pured shafts so I was sort of like What the Heck.

I should also mention that what made it easier to swallow is that I checked and cannot get that shaft direct from Mizuno on a custom build. So, if I wanted these exact clubs for a little cheaper, I would still be ordering a $899 set of Mizunos (5-PW), and then the shafts and grips so the cost out of my pocket not to have to pull and reshaft/regrip is not too bad.

Wow great results! Makes me even more excited for my fitting on the 27th.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Club Champion Discount Season

Sent from my iPad using

Back