NEWS Club Champion Partners with Arccos Golf

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

The nation’s #1 golf club fitter, Club Champion, recently pioneered the category of “smart fitting” by partnering with Arccos Golf. In addition to the company’s existing 2,000 grip options, Arccos’ smart grips and smart sensors will be available through all of Club Champion’s 70+ locations, with or without a club fitting.

As Club Champion’s official on-course data partner, Arccos will provide on-course data that allows fitters to better understand their clients’ game and track their progression even after a fitting appointment. This relationship will see all Club Champion fitters trained and certified as experts in the Arccos Caddie performance tracking platform and the Arccos Dashboard. The latter allows fitters to access rich insights and data visualizations for each client’s shot-by-shot history, Smart Distance club averages, club gapping, club usage, dispersion patterns, miss tendencies and more. It also showcases Strokes Gained Analysis for driving, approach, chipping, bunker play and putting.

“Having access to our clients’ Arccos on-course shot data allows us to fully understand each player’s unique golf DNA,” said Nick Sherburne, Club Champion founder. “The data is golden. It helps golfers and our fitters better track performance while gaining an unbiased understanding of where they excel and what they need to improve. This will further solidify Club Champion as the leader in fitting and helping people get better at the game of golf.”

ArccosCaddieAppHero2020-1024x614.png

Club Champion is no stranger to employing technology in fittings, but this will be the first platform of its kind to be added to their systems. Arccos Caddie is golf’s first AI platform and is used worldwide – with more than 300,000 registered users who have played 3.8 million rounds and taken over 200 million shots using the system.

“With Arccos Caddie, every Club Champion fitter can get a contextualized picture of their clients’ games,” said Sal Syed, Arccos CEO and co-founder. “This can be a huge positive for the fitter-client relationship before, during and after each studio session.”

Thanks to the insights provided by Arccos Caddie, users improve faster than with any other system. In 2019, the average Arccos Caddie user who played at least five rounds lowered their handicap by 4.2 strokes.

Awesome technology here, what a great idea. I am excited to use my driver this summer which has the Arccos capability. Not sure how I am going to feel having my phone in my pocket off the tee, that is one thing I wish could be changed.

Sounds like a solid business move to me.

This is a really cool idea for those that have Arccos history. It brings the fitting beyond the few hours at Club Champion and opens it up to so much data. I also think it's cool that they can go look at their new performance numbers too, to see how the specific clubs worked out. Good partnership.

This is a really cool idea for those that have Arccos history. It brings the fitting beyond the few hours at Club Champion and opens it up to so much data. I also think it's cool that they can go look at their new performance numbers too, to see how the specific clubs worked out. Good partnership.

Simply tracking tendencies, this will make golfers aware of mistakes they didn't even know they were consistently making and allow others to know our golfer DNA without even going out and playing a round with us. I have always loved breaking down the stats and numbers and this is perfect for anyone wanting to do a deep dive on their game.

I can’t lie, I didn’t see this one coming. Good for both parties though.

Awesome technology here, what a great idea. I am excited to use my driver this summer which has the Arccos capability. Not sure how I am going to feel having my phone in my pocket off the tee, that is one thing I wish could be changed.

I play with my phone in my pocket. Not sure how that’ll work with some that have bigger phones and could prove to be more cumbersome. Still waiting for this to come out and I will probably end up getting it, as I do like not having anything in my pockets.

Arccos is really moving in the right direction with all the partnerships they have developed. Knowing your true distances and having all that data available will only continue to improve a golfers enjoyment of their game.

I play with my phone in my pocket. Not sure how that’ll work with some that have bigger phones and could prove to be more cumbersome. Still waiting for this to come out and I will probably end up getting it, as I do like not having anything in my pockets.

Welp, there is the solution! Thanks for sharing. This will be perfect, that thing is tiny and I won't even feel it on my belt.

This is a pretty great combination. There's lots of real data in there for fitters to look at and maybe help a client get where they need to be. I'd like to see more fitters look at on course info.

That’s pretty cool. Would like to know more on how they are planning on using this after the feature, and what that business model looks like, What do they offer, and how much it’s going to cost, post fitting.

This is pretty cool. I am a big fan of Arccos information and stats

This is interesting! Seems like a good idea.

I'd love to get Arccos

Welp, there is the solution! Thanks for sharing. This will be perfect, that thing is tiny and I won't even feel it on my belt.
I saw this late last year and I believe it’s still in a back order status. Might have to play with the phone in your pocket for a little bit til this hits the market, but at least there is something coming soon.

I saw this late last year and I believe it’s still in a back order status. Might have to play with the phone in your pocket for a little bit til this hits the market, but at least there is something coming soon.

Definitely, this will be perfect.

Cool collaboration for both sides!

Awesome partnership...The player can definitely benefit during and after the fitting process

I like where they are headed. The more info you can bring to a fitter in any given session helps balance agianst how you perform on that given day and give him/her the right data to set a direction.

The world we live in is filled with big data... This adds more data and more analysis that will most likely yield and even more tailored and winning fit!

This makes the most sense with club gapping issues and when to stop irons and swap in hybrids. The arccos data realllllllly shows when you have the same distance for a 4, 5, and 6 iron and the GIR goes way down.

I’ve been contemplating a CC fitting for some time. I wondered what their (or any fitter) reaction would be if I told them I had data for hundreds of golf shots. The pessimist in me pictured a roll of the eyes and a shrug. A fitter will learn more about my game, my distances and my needs with Arccos than seeing whatever swing I bring with me for a couple of hours. I’m a little closer to pulling the trigger on a CC fitting.

That is a great move on CC to partner up with Arccos. That will be a great fit. The phone is no big deal I don’t even notice it anymore. I am looking forward to the link though so I can use my camera more.

It’s definitely interesting; but would think CC would still focus on the data metrics they gather from indoors. I can see the arccos metrics helping starting to narrow down results from your current setup

My initial thought will be that IF a player has used Arccos and had a good deal of data in the system, CC will start with that during the fitting process. If the player is new to Arccos than CC will see about fitting with a set of Arccos grips to take out on the course with the idea that CC will fully immerse the player with how to best use the Arccos data to help their overall game.

Back